palhares/marq. was there a wipedown?

elbigsam

Blue Belt
Reaction score
One guy on another thread mentioned marquardt had his corner wipe him down after the fight before the commision checked him. I didn't notice during the broadcast.

Rousimar, perdomo, vieira salazar and master murillo are giving a seminar on Sunday, I will ask them then. Can anyone verify a wipedown?

dude, everyone was watching the goings on VERY CLOSESLY....

i'm sure if this actually happened it would have been caught

Ok, thank you for the reply. So you didn't see it happen? Someone said they did, this is why I'm asking. I didn't see it, nor was I watching for it, nor was I there in person. So I don't know if it happened. One guy said it did, therefore I'm asking.

It's pretty hard to wipe down something greasy completely off the body.

Ok, thank you for the reply. So you didn't see it happen? Someone said they did, this is why I'm asking. I didn't see it, nor was I watching for it, nor was I there in person. So I don't know if it happened. One guy said it did, therefore I'm asking.

fair enough.

nate admitted to warming up pretty good before hand to start a good sweat.

pretty smart actually.

No idea if he greased or not, but the Texas commission is absolute trash with crappy refs and officials, so what they determined holds little weight IMO.

It was a clean win for Nate and Palhares acted like a moron, you can't look away from your opponent. It is his own fault. I think Nate may have been very sweaty that's why it was difficult to apply the hold.

But I think Palhares could've tried another submission from north south(choke) or when he was in side control he could've tried a kimura or something else.

Palhares is too focused on his heel hook legacy, he should try to finish with everythin possible not only one move.

It was a clean win for Nate and Palhares acted like a moron, you can't look away from your opponent. It is his own fault. I think Nate may have been very sweaty that's why it was difficult to apply the hold.

But I think Palhares could've tried another submission from north south(choke) or when he was in side control he could've tried a kimura or something else.

Palhares is too focused on his heel hook legacy, he should try to finish with everythin possible not only one move.

Especially when that move involved a major risk of giving up the top against a very good wrestler/GnPer. Palhares lost the fight by unnecessarily throwing away a great position for the sake of a risky submission and then stopping paying attention when he lost it and was on the bottom. A shame.

No idea if he greased or not, but the Texas commission is absolute trash with crappy refs and officials, so what they determined holds little weight IMO.

Somebody needs to kick that ref in his balls for not giving that guy 5 minutes when he was needed in his junk. Know the damn rules ref!

From experience of rolling leglocks with someone many times a week, I can say once I've built up sweat its just as easy to pull a leg out. Plus we don't have sweaty wet gloves on and my legs look like a gorilla with all the hair. If I had it shaved down like Nate it would be even easier.

dude, everyone was watching the goings on VERY CLOSESLY....

i'm sure if this actually happened it would have been caught

And if it "were caught" a main event would have been scandalized.

The wipe down was done with a napkin.

And BTW, when Sakuraba complained about Akiyama, the ref overruled him. Only later, Akiyama was caught on camera applying grease before the fight.

Actually he was trying to set up the N/S choke but Nate got an arm in to block it.

Personally I like that he's a leglocker. Something different.

Actually he was trying to set up the N/S choke but Nate got an arm in to block it.

Personally I like that he's a leglocker. Something different.

I noticed that he was trying to get the north south choke. Nate's no newbie to BJJ though.

Nothing wrong with heel hooks. I love them,too. Something different as you mentioned.

Palhares screwed himself in this fight.

And if it "were caught" a main event would have been scandalized.

The wipe down was done with a napkin.
Palhares' corner checked himself, and apologised profusely. What does it take to convince you guys?

Here, from MMA's worldwide leader in UFC news, gear and events

AJDavis said:
Please. Rousimar has had to deal so much with this kind of problem in the past, that it has turned into a paramoia, when he missed the heal hook, he froze. Even if there had been a problem, he should have fought through it and complained between rounds.
I here would like to apologize to both Nate Marquardt and Greg Jackson, there was no grease on Nates legs, I personaly looked. Rousimar up till then was doing everything right, he froze, and lost, no excuses, is what it is. He is a great athlete, and will learn from this, and will be back. Sorry Nate, Sorry UFC, sorry fans.
AJDavis said:
Sorry guys. Yes , I speak for Murilo and Rousimar, we talked about it, and this is or official position. There was no grease on Nates legs, even before the commission looked, I looked. We are very sorry for mis acusing Nate. We admit we are wrong, and are very sorry!
caposa said:
well that's that, and this should be the end of it, but it wont be

there will be morons posting their retarded theories for the next few weeks. and calling Marquardt a greaser everytime he fights
AJDavis said:
Thats the sorry part, he doesnt deserve it, and I will be out there defending him at every oportunity I get. Up in the octagon, he even asked Murilo to look for himslef. Nate is a good guy, simply does not deserve this.

Back