Palhares loses out on SOTN due to "unsportsman-like conduct"

There is no doubt he held it on too long. Pierce is already tapping and it takes the ref to step in before Palhares lets go. There is no need for this in MMA. MMA should be about respect, and Palhares has none of it. Hector Lombard was right when he said that Palhares was one of the disrespectful guys in MMA, and that he was happy to knock him out. I can see why now.

How about Rampage adding 3 shots in and being pulled off?

Point being you all are hypocrites and you most likely know it.

Hahaha... you didn't ask anyone's opinion of Rampage. No point being made by you.

but Hendo didnt get his KTFOTN taken away when he flying hammer fisted bisping.

Because the ref hadn't stopped the fight yet.

Ref had stopped the fight and Palhares not only held, but cranked harder.

They should do the same with JJ when he goes kicking knees like he does.

It's also the WORST type of submission damage wise. There's a reason why they're banned in beginner level grappling competitions.

Wrong. Neck cranks are worse.

The fact that he hasn't even bothered to learn from his mistakes or even LOOK like he's sorry just tells me the guy has some sort of mental deficiency or is incredibly stupid; probably both.

Its nowhere near as bad as you pansies are making it out to be. Hitting already unconscious opponents=cool but holding onto a sub before the ref stops the fight because youre opponent is already tapping=ban. Love dat Sherdog hypocrisy.

If you also look at the GIF carefully, he didn't even just hold the submission in the same position when he tapped, he actually cranked it harder until the ref had to pry him off. Guy is scum.

You need to rewatch again. He held the hold until the ref touched him then let it go like a second later. We've all seen much worse.

Hendo knew Bisping was out. He hit him again intentionally. It is considered a most awesome moment to most sherdoggers.

yet this move by Paul Harris... somehow insanely offensive.

You are a Dumb, sir. Not I.

edit: Sourcing http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/7/12/946473/ufc-100-dan-henderson-admits

when Hendo hit Bisping the fight was still ongoing, no TAP or REF trying to stop the fight. could he have shown some class by not hitting him again... sure, but as soon as the ref moves in HENDO stops.

so STFU idiot. you post was stupid, and the reply is even more ridiculous.

what Paul Harris did was wrong and he got punished where it counts $$$$$$$$$$$

i hope he gets cut. As someone else pointed out other fighters (Babalu) have been cut for less, and he has done this several times.

I mean he risks putting other fighters on the shelf, for who knows what reason.

Could you imigine if he would have torn Pierce's acl or something? That would be a year out of fighting, not supporting his family because some dick held a submission too long. Its disgraceful and he needs cut.

WTF is wrong with the guy?.. I like him as a fighter... but he held on after the tap - after the scream from Pierce AND ref intervention. I think he's on his way out. No one wants to see that shit and he's done it more than once

How about Rampage adding 3 shots in and being pulled off?

Point being you all are hypocrites and you most likely know it.

Rampage being a shithead doesn't excuse this roided up dummy from being a shithead.

Bullshit, you don't have to & shouldn't release a sub hold until the ref steps in.

i hope he gets cut. As someone else pointed out other fighters (Babalu) have been cut for less, and he has done this several times.

I mean he risks putting other fighters on the shelf, for who knows what reason.

Could you imigine if he would have torn Pierce's acl or something? That would be a year out of fighting, not supporting his family because some dick held a submission too long. Its disgraceful and he needs cut.

Maybe they should ban heel hooks for being too dangerous?

It shouldn't be incumbent on the ref to physically separate the fighters, the onus is on the fighters to stop when the ref steps in. What did you expect the ref to do? Rip Palhares hand off Pierce's heel and untangle their legs before Palhares has to stop?

I'm going to go with the minority here....

I think it was CLOSE to being held for too long, but not actually held too long. I think Palhares should still be awarded SoTN, and this talk of Brazilian commissions reviewing it, is a waste of time.

That said, I'm not exactly losing sleep over it either, and given Palhares' history, I can understand him being on a shorter leash.

henderson-bisping-gif.gif

tumblr_lp5sd1fMwf1qfiinho1_400_display_image.jpg

i6f48l.gif

1) I said just about every fighter
2) Henderson's was before the ref stepped in, that's the obvious difference, although not particularly sportsmanlike of him
3) Rampage was being a bitch because Wanderlei whopped him twice before. That had nothing to do with reaction time or adrenaline.
4) Russo obviously let off when he could have smashed Duffy

Good. It's not the first time he does this. I hope someone stomps his face into the mat, Pride style.

It shouldn't be incumbent on the ref to physically separate the fighters, the onus is on the fighters to stop when the ref steps in. What did you expect the ref to do? Rip Palhares hand off Pierce's heel and untangle their legs before Palhares has to stop?

He didn't make any contact with Palhares...it was bad reffing.

Back