Palhares Fails PED Testing

I have also been hearing rumors about Liberace. Just rumors tho ...

liberace1.jpg

Didn't like him before. Don't like him now.

Is it sad that I'm quite upset about this? Really liked him, met him at ADCC and he was as kind as he could have been in his broken English, and I was so hoping he wasn't on PEDs. Damn.

Role models, eh.

Ah, that's true. Thanks for reminding me. On the other hand, isn't it true that high T/E ratio means you've been doping, and thus the chance that you would have a low overall testosterone level is extremely low? Because, you know, of the doping?

I have no doubt that when you *stop* doping your testosterone levels crash below normal because, well, that's what happens when you dope. I guess maybe that's what you are saying. I would be interested to know if lots of guys with high T/E levels also test low for testosterone when they are cycling off the gear, causing low test levels because the dope is cut off, but they still have high T/E levels in their metabolites.

They use it as an indication of possible doping because when you use plant testosterone (TRT) or anabolic steroids, it causes your testosterone levels to go up without raising your epitestosterone.
Everybody thinks that normal people have a 1:1 ratio but that isn't true either. 1:1 ratio is just an average for a normal male, but that mean there are people with a natural ratio higher and lower. 95% of men have a 4:1 ratio or less and 99% have a ratio of 6:1 or less, which is where the 4:1 and 6:1 ratio limits actually come from. They really don't know exactly what makes certain men have higher or lower levels of epitestosterone and ratios, although they see trends within different races, such as asian men have a much lower average ratio than most other races (most of the other races are fairly close).

WADA, who does the olympics, actually uses a 4:1 with a variation check. If you have a higher ratio than 4:1, they do a 4 test variation and as long as the variation is less than 30% you are considered clean.

Now with Palhares having had a history of testing, and as far as we can tell he doesn't have any issue with naturally testing above the 6:1 or 4:1 threshold (different states use different ratios and I assume the UFC uses the NSAC 6:1 but I'm not certain on that), so it's a pretty good guess that he was using something that caused his ratio to go out. Since he isn't appealing it, he most likely used something that he shouldn't have, but we don't know what that is. It could have been illegal anabolic steroids, plant testosterone, or even legal supplements that are banned for athletes.
It is pretty safe to assume that he did something he wasn't supposed to, but it really isn't fair to say he was doing roids or make any accusations as to what he did without more information.

I have also been hearing rumors about Liberace. Just rumors tho ...
As if.
Next you're going to tell me Elton John, Freddie Mercury and Rob Halford are gay too.
Hah, good one....

I hope this means he will do a lot of grappling events if he gets suspended.

Man that gif is frightening. I keep expecting two aliens to burst out of his pecs or something.

Back