Palhares cut, whats next?

Daley threw one punch that was blocked, since Koscheck knew it was coming. Hardly the same as wrecking a knee when the guy is screaming in pain and tapping.

Paul Daley was one fight away from a title shot and $$$$ against GSP and was fired within the hour at the post fight presser, Paul Harris wasn't even top 10 and was fired a day later. Paul Daley suckered a guy from behind where it was -lucky- to have been seen and blocked. Also apparently you didn't see the backlash from that in the media and these forums was about 10 times worse than this Paul Harris backlash thus making Daley's rep after the fight worse.

Paul Daley's situation = worse than Paul Harris'

I would be surprised if Bellator didn't go after him. I could see a lower org signing him and promoting him as "the guy too violent for the UFC". Getting popped for a banned substance shouldn't be a problem getting a job, considering all of the other fighters that have been that still get employed. But he will have to convince whoever that he will be more careful about holding a sub for too long, which only happened once in the UFC imo, but considering the reputation he has obtained for himself over the years (weather justified or not) one more f-up could get him fired from anywhere, and rightfully so. I personally enjoy watching him fight and hope he finds work, preferably in Bellator.

I say we cut Brendan Shaub just to be safe.

He'll be in the next Bellator tournament.

I don't think he'll have much of a problem finding an opponent. As said, the money will eb the motivator, as well as the publicity of being in the fight with such a controversial guy.

With the UFC cutting Palhares, don't you think another org will be quick to jump on this submission master?

Which org do you think will scoop him up? Its not like hes a UFC washout...

Who cares? They cut a mid card gate keeper. Im sure he could be a star in Bellator

Perfect fit for Bellator.

Bjorn will tell us Palhares has gone to a psyhologist and all his mental issues are worked out.

Just like they are telling us they fixed Rampages knees and Tito's back, neck and cracked skull are completely healed.

Marquarrt was coming off UFC win, was a former title challenger and has insane Mortal Kombat finshing highlight reel and Bellator didn't touch him or attempt to sign him. Or Fitch.

Somebody will pick him up. There's no such thing as publicity so bad that you can't cash in on it somewhere/somehow.

Back