Pakistan racing towards 3rd largest stockpile of nuclear weapons

Is normal. Volatile region. India soon to be the third largest economy in the world and is unstable as hell. We already know India considers the whole of Kashmir indian.

You guys, don't take your eyes off the real threat: Iran.

Further proof having nukes is the fastest way to lasting peace. Giving iran nukes would do more to stabilize the middle east and world peace than anything else. But scare scare scare away. Having said that, everyone in the international community knows the pakis are the scariest fuckers on earth

Further proof having nukes is the fastest way to lasting peace. Giving iran nukes would do more to stabilize the middle east and world peace than anything else. But scare scare scare away. Having said that, everyone in the international community knows the pakis are the scariest fuckers on earth

I doubt it. The biggest nightmare scenario is that one of these asshole factions detonates a nuke covertly, denying responsibility for it. None of the nations fight straight-up wars anymore, they all use proxxy combat. So the MAD doctrine doesn't work nearly as well in that context, particularly as more players enter the game, and it becomes impossible to track for sure who is nuking whom and how.

Probability; how does it work?

I doubt it. The biggest nightmare scenario is that one of these asshole factions detonates a nuke covertly, denying responsibility for it. None of the nations fight straight-up wars anymore, they all use proxxy combat. So the MAD doctrine doesn't work nearly as well in that context, particularly as more players enter the game, and it becomes impossible to track for sure who is nuking whom and how.

simple deterrence....it has not ever happened, despite some truly evil regimes having the ability to easily make it happen. Everyone knows the result would be too catastrophic, not the damage from a weapon, but the world response.

the proof is in the pudding.

Allowing India and pakistan to have nukes in the first place was a huge mistake.
I couldnt disagree more. Could you imagine how heavily involved in war india and pakistan would be today, the last ten years most likely, if they were not nuclear armed. I dont even want to imagine that scenario

simple deterrence....it has not ever happened, despite some truly evil regimes having the ability to easily make it happen. Everyone knows the result would be too catastrophic, not the damage from a weapon, but the world response.

the proof is in the pudding.

I couldnt disagree more. Could you imagine how heavily involved in war india and pakistan would be today, the last ten years most likely, if they were not nuclear armed. I dont even want to imagine that scenario

If India and Pakistan want to slaughter each other in conventional war, that's their business. It's not going to effect me or mine. A nuclear exchange might.

I've no doubt we're going to see a nuclear terror incident this century and it will track back to Pakistan. They should be under the same sanctions as Iran, a real case for sending in a force to remove the capability as risk of Taliban or IS coup d'etat is high.

Well, considering The Taliban in Pakistan still shoots up innocent school kids by the hundreds, it doesn't sound too safe of a thing.

Last edited:
2/3 of Pakistan was upset when we assassinated Osama. Keep that in mind.

Isn't it impossible to deny responsibility for nuclear explosions? Like, don't they have their own signature?

This article suggests just that, but also that they're further away than I thought.
http://arstechnica.com/science/2010/11/nuclear-debris-carries-signatures-of-bomb-that-caused-it/

Back