Pain from eating leg kicks

yeah, it can be but you get used to it. also, I know it wasn't sparring but as you get better, you'll also take less damage from getting better defensively.

shouldn't be going hard in partner drills...especially without shinguards.

especially with guys like this lol...hopefully you're not in Africa. then again, I'm sure they take leg kicks better than I do:

this guy uploads literally the worst muay thai videos on the internet

Sounds a bit like what happened to me, sparring I took some heavy leg kicks to the thigh but was fine and it didn't start hurting properly till after a week

Then for a month I could barely walk on it and still had some damage months later

Only treatment doctor said I can do is ice or apply something warm to it and pain killers

My mistake was sparring with someone who didn't speak English and outweighed me quite a lot and sparring apparently meaning go full out

Even now if I don't strech properly it's gives a few problems and it's been like 3 years, nothing major just twitches and cramps up

Taking leg kicks in training without shin guards? Thank you kindly sir, but absolutely not. I only have two legs and would like to use them for walking and stuff.

this guy uploads literally the worst muay thai videos on the internet

looks like he took down the worst one. it was a video of him sparring a smaller, less experienced guy who he claimed was talking shit. So he proceeds to wail on him across the whole gym while the other guy is in pure panic/defense mode and trying to find a way out. It was a merciless beatdown.

Lol at his video description:

For those of you bitching about how hard we go, STFU and watch how we train. This is how we do it at our gym. This is old school, this is hardcore

8rWSPVW.gif

Lol at his video description:

For those of you bitching about how hard we go, STFU and watch how we train. This is how we do it at our gym. This is old school, this is hardcore

8rWSPVW.gif

lol, there's a reason why the comments are disabled. It would probably rack 1000 in 5mins

Along with the conditioning as others said. I have noticed having bigger legs from squats help tremendously.

I hate drilling combos in which I MUST take a low kick to the quad. Ugh. I want to check everything. :mad:

OT: Yes, you should tell your training partners to adjust their power to a level that is not going to turn your leg into a burger patty. There is a massive difference between drilling with pads + checking (you can go really hard), with pads without checking (can still hurt and bruise) and without pads. Your partners may not be aware of how hard they are hitting (and then there are also a$$holes who really enjoy smashing beginners). :D

The ones that REALLY hurt and leave a long lasting pain, are kicks against the unflexed muscle.

This. Which is why you really can't "condition" against the low kick when it lands in this particular spot. Like you can train to take punches to the body the the liver shot still cripples when it lands properly.

My trainer (thai) said that it's a stupid idea to even try to condition against it and it's better to have better footwork and leg check practise

This. Which is why you really can't "condition" against the low kick when it lands in this particular spot. Like you can train to take punches to the body the the liver shot still cripples when it lands properly.

My trainer (thai) said that it's a stupid idea to even try to condition against it and it's better to have better footwork and leg check practise

Yeah, it's not really conditioning in the sense of "deadening nerves", but more of just getting tougher and getting used to the pain. But really, like I said, you need to brace your leg with at least 75% weight to the front, knee pointing outward. If you're sparring and you lean back, retreat, have your weight on your back leg, or have your knee pointed inward, that's when you're gonna get buckled.
Rafael%2Bdos%2BAnjos%2BLeg%2BKicks%2BNate%2BDiaz%2BUFC%2Bon%2BFox%2B13.gif

looks like he took down the worst one. it was a video of him sparring a smaller, less experienced guy who he claimed was talking shit. So he proceeds to wail on him across the whole gym while the other guy is in pure panic/defense mode and trying to find a way out. It was a merciless beatdown.
Nah it's still up, dude has a little man complex for sure

[YT]watch?v=11lfm1V4-j0[/YT]

Change your diet if you're eating leg kicks.
Words of wisdom right there.

Sounds a bit like what happened to me, sparring I took some heavy leg kicks to the thigh but was fine and it didn't start hurting properly till after a week

Then for a month I could barely walk on it and still had some damage months later

Only treatment doctor said I can do is ice or apply something warm to it and pain killers

My mistake was sparring with someone who didn't speak English and outweighed me quite a lot and sparring apparently meaning go full out

Even now if I don't strech properly it's gives a few problems and it's been like 3 years, nothing major just twitches and cramps up
Damn bro, if it was that bad I would have tried seeking out a physical therapist. You weren't sparring with Ernesto Hoost were you?? :D

I hate drilling combos in which I MUST take a low kick to the quad. Ugh. I want to check everything. :mad:

OT: Yes, you should tell your training partners to adjust their power to a level that is not going to turn your leg into a burger patty. There is a massive difference between drilling with pads + checking (you can go really hard), with pads without checking (can still hurt and bruise) and without pads. Your partners may not be aware of how hard they are hitting (and then there are also a$$holes who really enjoy smashing beginners). :D
Yea I blame myself for not speaking up.. Like I said, now I know next time. The leg is doing much better now. Just keep stretching it, heat therapy and Tiger Balm son.

Nah it's still up, dude has a little man complex for sure

[YT]watch?v=11lfm1V4-j0[/YT]
If I saw that being allowed at my gym, I would turn around and walk out. That guy is not there to train, he's there to puff his chest and hurt others.

Along with the conditioning as others said. I have noticed having bigger legs from squats help tremendously.
I believe having higher bf percentage helps as well since the force of the kick is not absorbed directly by the muscle

yeah, it can be but you get used to it. also, I know it wasn't sparring but as you get better, you'll also take less damage from getting better defensively.

shouldn't be going hard in partner drills...especially without shinguards.

especially with guys like this lol...hopefully you're not in Africa. then again, I'm sure they take leg kicks better than I do:

2nd video is one of the stupidest things i have ever seen. Skill level of both is low.

LOL...doesn't look fun to train with them.

<6>

dude that got dropped was holding back a bit too.

Dude when you gonna come train? swing by the gym one day for a free trial class, ill hold some pads for you.

Back