Paige Van Zant doesn't train full time at Alpha Male unless in Fight Camp, does Crossfit instead

What exactly is Cross Fit? Sounds like some RIchard Simmons stuff.

Wow.

In that case she's never going to refine her skills.

Using UFC to catch the eye of a millionaire and then ride off into the sunset?

Pretty shamefull that a cross fitter who doesnt do full time mma training was able to get to 6th ranked in the UFC.

Strewth, couple more wins and she would have made it onto the p4p list

I actually heard the interview and she said that she can't train hard due to restrictions set on training after a fight but she's doing crossfit to stay in shape.

Olympic lifts and pull-ups done at max effort, during circuit training, with zero regard for proper form or the human body.

Paige said on the MMA hour that she only trains at Team Alpha Male during fight camp, otherwise, she just does Crossfit.

Source: Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/MMA/comments/41tb39/page_vanzant_doesnt_train_at_tam_outside_of_fight/

Seriously LMAO'ed when I read this, considering her technique looked amateur level her last fight it would probably be a wise choice to train full time there instead of doing Crossfit lmfao

You should actually see the interview instead of using some random reddit paragraph as your source.

You should actually see the interview instead of using some random reddit paragraph as your source.

Would it make your day better if I did?

if your so skeptical of the source go listen to it yourself champ

Sponsored by Reebok. Promoting Crossfit?
And that is how you take Lemons and make Lemonade.$$$$$$
If this story is true, then i have a feeling PVZ won't be needing to get punched in the face much longer when she's being paid to train instead.

Calling her a shitty fighter won't sting quite as much when she's got money coming out her ears.

No wonder Team Alpha Male is a joke nowadays.

Faber can't even convince his top Female fighter to train full time.

Has 2 week camp Mendes caught his breathe back?

Haven't you heard? If you Crossfit, you are 1000 punches(form irrelevant) in under 2 mins away from being an ultimate fighter/athlete. I bet you if PVZ's match with Thug Rose involved a pull up bar and kipping pull ups the result would have been the other way around. UFC keeping the REAL fighters down with their "MMA" rule system, keeping the crossfighters from becoming champions... smh.

It's generally full body, interval training type stuff, which is nothing new. It's just been rebranded by cool hipsters and they make it more accessible by ignoring all the inconvenient shit like proper form, technique and safety.

Crossfit is keeping chiropractors and physical therapists in business.

tumblr_nz7ltxQ42V1u2ragso4_250.gif

That still doesn't explain why Team Alpha Male didn't teach her something other than a telegraphed head and arm throw. I lost count of how many times PVZ got her back taken or taken down against Rose going for that and her corner had no advice.

Poor decision on her part. Even in the matches shes won she has shown she needed a lot of improvement.

Back