News Paddy "The Baddy" Pimblett vs. Jordan "The Monkey King" Leavitt set for UFC London, July 23rd

Who wins?

• Total voters
Yeah, street punk tactics are the way to secure a fight. Paddy laughed at him. Anyway, Topuria learned his lesson fighting Herbert, who should have finished him. I expect Topuria to crawl back to the FW division where he belongs.

Paddy got dropped in his last two fights against not great competition, odd criticism for Topuria while defending Pimblett.

Topuria would tear through Pimblett and Paddy knows it, its why he is fighting an awkward grappler instead of the guy who would take his head off standing.

Wow, 44.5 % of 'Doggers have Leavitt!

Ace, this board is sharper than Tap and other bettors. 78 % of Tappers think Pimblett is gonna win.

Paddy got dropped in his last two fights against not great competition, odd criticism for Topuria while defending Pimblett.

Topuria would tear through Pimblett and Paddy knows it, its why he is fighting an awkward grappler instead of the guy who would take his head off standing.
Paddy was not rocked anything like Topuria was. Doesn't matter, Topuria's head back to the FW division where he belongs. He's a great fighter, but he's still a punkass bitch.

Paddy Pimblett

Odd but that's what I'm feeling atm. May change by the time I do my tap picks.

Also I like the Monkey King but he showed just as many holes as The Baddy out there...

Paddy Pimblett

Odd but that's what I'm feeling atm. May change by the time I do my tap picks.

Also I like the Monkey King but he showed just as many holes as The Baddy out there...

I think this is true, actually, Leavitt's stand up game is largely just kicks and low impact strikes, and while Pimblett also throws most of his kicks and combos with little venom, he still has the power to blast someone when he's going for the kill (watching the Vendramini fight back, Paddy was getting overpowered and tagged frequently in the striking exchanges BEFORE he turned on the turbo boosters and walked through him - prior to that, nothing he'd thrown impacted Vendramini in the slightest).

I think however long the fight lasts, most strikes will be pretty weak, until Paddy really commits - but if he commits, Leavitt will surely be looking to take him down.

Paddy isn't going to out-grapple Leavitt from the bottom, but he's probably going to be fine if he's in control himself.

Paddy ain't submitting Leavitt, Leavitt ain't submitting Paddy, so control time is going to be a massive factor IMO.

What concerns me about Leavitt is he could potentially play a frustrating control time strat, but I don't think his cardio holds up on the feet. He generally looks ragged come round two, but he's definitely better suited to riding out rounds on the mat than playing the stressful evasive striking game.

I think ultimately, the occasion may be too big for Leavitt, and I think he gets caught late in Round Two or Round Three - but if he ends up surviving, the cards could be all over the place.

Just one or two of many potential scenarios, but that's how I'm reading this fight.

Back