• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pacquiao vs Bradley discussion part 2

Manny won tonight. I'm sure you agree.

he did. But you can't say a score like that wasn't influenced by the commotion from the last fight. This was incredibly close for a lot of the fight. Had Bradley not wound down in the later rounds that decision would have been costly as shit.

I don't think I've ever seen a fight like this where every poster had their own score which differed from the next poster down. If there are people making the claim that scoring boxing is an exact science they'd have some trouble explaining the comments in this thread.

Tims worst enemy is Tim. Emotions got the best of him. He needs to jab and grab to win it, but his pride got the best of him.

Sigh...... Or.....yea..... paying attending to the bolded above, which is giving a away.

Not sure what you're trying to say, but for the sake of debate, I disagree with all of it

I need to a gif of that 8-9 punch combo Pacquiao landed. That was the highlight of the fight.

It's a shame Bradley simply neglected his body work after about round 7.

Pac turned it on in the same rounds he turned it OFF in the first fight.

did anyone catch the cotto martinez faceoff? it was barely like 3 minutes, was it supposed toi be a trailer or soemthing

It's a shame Bradley simply neglected his body work after about round 7.

Quoted for emphasis. Tim looked like a million bucks in the earlier rounds and those body shots were slowing Pac down. I think he got a bit over confident as a result of his early effectiveness against Pac and it drove him to go overboard. Pac won this fight, but a smarter more disciplined Bradley can definitely beat Pac. I want a third fight.

Quoted for emphasis. Tim looked like a million bucks in the earlier rounds and those body shots were slowing Pac down. I think he got a bit over confident as a result of his early effectiveness against Pac and it drove him to go overboard. Pac won this fight, but a smarter more disciplined Bradley can definitely beat Pac. I want a third fight.

If the cold war continues, we likely will see a third fight.

PaqBrad2.gif

Whoa... No need to flip off Bradley, you'd think the spell was more than enough.

Why?

In 95% of peoples eyes, Pac clearly won both fights.

He's got a limited amount of time left, why waste it on another bradley fight

Nah no third fight. Pac probably has 2 or 3 fights left. Make it a new opponent.

Bradley won 7 rounds.

It was an extremely even fight but anybody claiming Pacquiao cleanly won, doesn't know much about boxing.

Thru out the fight you could tell any punch that bradley landed hurt pacquiao and made him move back.

Anytime Pacquiao tried to land on Bradley, he either blocked or dodged it most of the time.

I don't give a damn about what some crap compubox has to say, until they put sensors on the gloves, I will believe those stats.

I saw the fight and Bradley dodged most of those punches.

On top of that Bradley got injured on his calfs.....even tho he slowed down, he was still making pacman look bad in the later rounds.

Not to blatantly disagree here, but Bradley's punches moved Pac because he was PUSHING them. He wasn't snapping them, many would wrap behind Pac's head and kind of push him in one direction. Anybody else agree?

It seemed like this fight Bradley was swinging for the fences in order to make up for his lack of natural punching power. People who are "pillow-fisted" just cannot produce the concussive force that heavy handed fighters can. So he was trying to really put everything into his shots (some to the body of Pac looked devastating) but hey at the elite level, you are either born with the power or you're not. Tim is an excellent boxer though, very skilled.

Why?

In 95% of peoples eyes, Pac clearly won both fights.

He's got a limited amount of time left, why waste it on another bradley fight

Did you watch the earlier rounds? It was a great fight until Bradley fell in love with himself. Imagine a third fight where Bradley remains disciplined and Pac brings the momentum of this win. It has FOTY written all over it.

Back