• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pacquiao v Bradley Discussion Continued

Mark Tyson?

mark_tyson.png

That guy was the youngest HW champ? For real?

Thanks for answering, underrated conversation topic in my opinion. I am on record as saying Triceratops. They look badass.

worse then Pacquiao did?

Nice second account Seano

Not sure what Seano has to do with this convo. Did he say that juan would whoop his ass?

And yes i think juan would beat him worse even though i thought pac did a good job of beating tims ass very convincingly.

Styles make fights and juans skill is far better than bradleys but sadly juans times coming to an end, shit i thought it would of been a few years ago

Great, you just remember who's getting older, who finished off the fight better and who fought with a broken ankle :D

No brainer for me, the better guy will win again.

Yeah, a "broken" ankle.

I remember who was the better fighter was that night. I remember who how Pacquiao beat Bradley in every facet of the game. Your only argument is that Compubox was off. But make your own punch stats, and I guarantee they'll tell the same story the original ones did. Pac landed more, threw less, and deflected or dodged the majority of Bradley's punches. Go ahead, try it. You'll see I'm right.

And Pacquiao dominates the rematch. Believe it.

Yeah, a "broken" ankle.

I remember who was the better fighter was that night. I remember who how Pacquiao beat Bradley in every facet of the game. Your only argument is that Compubox was off. But make your own punch stats, and I guarantee they'll tell the same story the original ones did. Pac landed more, threw less, and deflected or dodged the majority of Bradley's punches. Go ahead, try it. You'll see I'm right.

And Pacquiao dominates the rematch. Believe it.

The better fighter was the winner, the fighter who should of been better got exposed for not the first time in his career. If you wan't to keep counting punches that clearly miss and score based on crowd noise and ineffective aggression go ahead, but don't expect the professionals to score like that.

How on earth would Pacquiao dominate the rematch? He's already shown he couldn't put Bradley away, he's showed he can't outbox him so how would he dominate him? Bradley controlled Pacquiao for at least 75% of the fight, out moving him, out boxing him and out thinking him. Once Bradley had adapted, he won the last three rounds on most peoples cards. He'd go into the rematch starting as he finished, knowing how to beat Pacquiao.

I posted my round by round analysis and you failed to launch any serious arguments. All I'm going to say is be careful with what you wager on a rematch, you don't score fights correctly and that could come back to bite you. Just please don't cry once Bradley gets the decision again.

I assume that 6 out of the 8 officials appointed by the WBO that gave the fight to Pacquiao don't score fights correctly.

It was right to say that the fight was closer than what was said on HBO, it was right to point out the limitations of the Compubox system, and it was right to give credit to Bradley. Now, pretending that Pacquiao hasn't a snowball chance in hell to win a rematch when a large majority of boxing fans (and appointed officials) still believe he won the first bout is as biased as can be.

Next thing you know, Pacquiao haters will pretend he was on the verge of quitting on his stool after all the punishment he took, and saved from a vicious KO by a biased refree.

I assume that 6 out of the 8 officials appointed by the WBO that gave the fight to Pacquiao don't score fights correctly.

It was right to say that the fight was closer than what was said on HBO, it was right to point out the limitations of the Compubox system, and it was right to give credit to Bradley. Now, pretending that Pacquiao hasn't a snowball chance in hell to win a rematch when a large majority of boxing fans (and appointed officials) still believe he won the first bout is as biased as can be.

Next thing you know, Pacquiao haters will pretend he was on the verge of quitting on his stool after all the punishment he took, and saved from a vicious KO by a biased refree.

Damn Pac haters...

None of the WBO judges who scored the fight scored the fight the same. Between the 5, they had 7 different rounds for Bradley.

If you include the official judges, I believe they had 11 different rounds for Bradley.

It was a close fight, Bradley got it though and he earned it. Simple as that. If Pac had such an easy time, he should just rematch Bradley.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back