• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pacquiao v Bradley Discussion Continued

I saw him roll his foot when he was hurt in the 4th round. That's it. If its truly broken, where's the X-ray?

The video is proof enough, maybe it wasn't broken but the damage is clear

How is damage clear ? Comming to press conference in wheelchair isn't any kind of proff.

I wrecked my angle countless times like that and just continued walking. He certainly didn't moved like he had broken angle.

How is damage clear ? Comming to press conference in wheelchair isn't any kind of proff.

I wrecked my angle countless times like that and just continued walking. He certainly didn't moved like he had broken angle.

Not claiming at all that it was broken. I have however claiming that it was clearly hurt. When moving side to side abruptly alot of the movement is in your ankle

Typically, if your foot is truly broken, your footwork doesn't improve over the course of the fight. I didn't really buy the whole wheelchair thing either. But I could be wrong, I'd just need to see the X-ray to be sure. I haven't read anything about it. Wouldn't want people to be unjustly criticizing Manny for fighting a "one legged Bradley" or something like that. For now, I'm thinking Bradley eggageratted the injury.

Not claiming at all that it was broken. I have however claiming that it was clearly hurt. When moving side to side abruptly alot of the movement is in your ankle

I agree, that's why I doubt it was hurt so badly.

Even if it was hurt he have only himself to blame.

He should learn how to walk before he tries to learn how to box. Damn it is the least that one would expect from proffesional boxer.

Just because he had good footwork doesn't mean he never broke a bone, with the amount of adrenaline going on, he won't of been in that much pain. But it will still of effected his concentration and balance.

Bradley isn't the type of person, nor is he surrounded by the type of people to bullshit a wheelchair either in my opinion, his ankle looked a mess the next day, there's no way you would be advised to walk on it.

And yet, there hasn't been a medical report or X-rays released to confirm. If it was broken, he certainly deserves props. But I'm not necessarily buying it just yet.

Just because he had good footwork doesn't mean he never broke a bone, with the amount of adrenaline going on, he won't of been in that much pain...

O yes he would be.

With a broken bone he would feel it even if he was administred morphine, on top of all that adrenaline.

Broken bone = pain, ...alot of it

The decision was about right. Get over it. You guys are at the point now that you're making up rules and shit. Pac lost. He really, really did.

"b-b-but the polls! b-b-but compubox! b-b-but press row!"
th

LOL, self portrait of Seano crying because everyone knows he can't score a fight for shit.

Yeah, Moves Like Jagger Bradley didn't seem too hurt after the fight, was more pre-occupied telling everyone there's no way Mayweather can beat Pacquaio. LOL.

LOL, self portrait of Seano crying because everyone knows he can't score a fight for shit.
Wow, can't believe how you turned that around on me. Sort of a "i'm rubber, you're glue" sort of comeback. Fantastic.

Yeah, Moves Like Jagger Bradley didn't seem too hurt after the fight, was more pre-occupied telling everyone there's no way Mayweather can beat Pacquaio. LOL.

OMG! LOL. ROFLlmao!

Ok back on topic. I think for a progressive debate to occur there needs to be a clear separation between the judges decision and public opinion or else everyone is just all over the place.

The public opinion that's done. There is nothing more that needs to be said about it. 90% vs 10% is ridiculously huge and relatively unheard of. I'm certain that if there was a vote on Roy Jones vs Park Si-Hun that it would not touch the 90%, that's how big it is

This leaves the judges score for debate. We know the judges score can be validated simply because the rules leave the scoring in the hands of the judges as the "offical" determinate of the fight, the question is can the judges scores somehow be invalidated.

Judges are allowed a certain leeway in scoring and interpreting a round and who it went to. That is you don't have to necessarily be "right" in your scoring if the round is close, but you can't be disproportionately wrong either. For example you can't score the Rd for Marquez when Pac knocked him down 3 times. That scoring can easily be invalidated.

So can we find 7 rounds that Bradley won and that Manny could not have CLEARLY won?

This situation is similar to Jones vs Park Si-Hun. Clearly the "people" know that Jones won. In this situation we KNOW that clearly the people know Pac won. You simply can't debate the 90% and invalidate this "opinion", it's too huge, like bigger than a landslide.

And just like Jones the judges decision is the official decision, albeit separate from what really happened, despite what the people think. And the judges decision is still valid in that regard simply because they have been designated to officially decide what happened in the fight.(unless bribes were involved or grossly nonrepresentational of what happened)

Last edited:
BTW with the Jones and Pac thingy i'm comparing with the amount of decisiveness over who won the fight. I'm not comparing the competitiveness between the 2 fights in case u were wondering

Thats so wrong its stupid.The judges were all over the place because the rounds were close. If it was as you said, decisive, they would have had similar scorecards. If it was as easy a fight to score as people claim, 8 judges wouldn't have seen so many different rounds for Bradley.

You don't understand basic statistics. The scordcards were similar.

A bit further analysis, there is no possible interpretation of the combined judges results where Bradley wins. If you think Bradley won then you are at odds with the judges scorecards.

One more time, there is no possible interpretation of the combined judges results where Bradley wins.

Maybe you should focus on how your witchdoctor thought Bradley won. :D

Nice post Corleone. I think at this point, who won the fight is not really up for debate. It was a clear PAC victory. Some people here will tell you the the 90% who believe Pac won do so because of HBO commentary, bad Compubox, because Pac's more popular, none of them truly know how to score a fight, etc. But the 90% includes not just fans but people who dislike Pacquiao (like the Mayweathers) as well. Other judges, boxers, boxing writers, trainers, all have it for Pac. So, no there's not much of a debate there.

So the issue is with the two pro judges who scored 7-5 Bradley. I do not believe there are 7 rounds to give to Bradley. Certainly not clearly. I think it was Duane Ford who scored round 5 for Bradley even though he landed like 8 punches. It's this kind of bias scoring that raises questions. Were they on the take? Were they mad about Pac stalling the fight? Pure speculation. But what is a fact is that decisions like this are bad for the sport of boxing. It pushes fringe fans and would-be fans away from the sport. Who wants to become a fan of boxing when there is judging like this going on??

Ford also scored round 9 for Bradley. This is absurd. This was Manny's round by a mile and his best of the fight. Out of the three original judges, and the additional five brought in to review the fight (a total of 8 pro judges) Ford was the ONLY one who scored round 9 for Pac.

Ford also scored round 9 for Bradley. This is absurd. This was Manny's round by a mile and his best of the fight. Out of the three original judges, and the additional five brought in to review the fight (a total of 8 pro judges) Ford was the ONLY one who scored round 9 for Pac.

lmao @ Duane Ford.

Jimy Lampeley's new show "The Fight" interviewed Duane Ford. Duane stated, "that in the 4th round Pacquiao hurt Bradley. However, the Pacquiao that he saw in earlier fights would have finished Bradley. He left him off the hook." In other words, Duane Ford penalized Pacquiao for not finishing Bradley instead of rewarding him for dominatirng the round.

It gets better!!!

Ford admits Pacman won the 1st six rounds. However, he scorecard showed it 7 rounds to Bradley and 5 rounds for Pacman. Duane Ford is suppose to be a legendary judge but he sounds like a lunatic.

See link for incredible interview quotes:

Huh?! (or Duane Ford Attempts to Justify His Scoring of Bradley-Pacquiao) - Boxing News

Last edited:
At the end of the day, Tim Bradley won the fight and deservedly so. Pacquiao showed he was in the same league as Bradley, and one league below pretty boy Floyd. If Pacquiao wants to beat Bradley he needs to improve his game, because if he goes into rematch like he did that fight, he gets beat again. Bradley showed he was more versatile, more intelligent and more athletic.

Back