PacMan v Oscar- Update

paul varelans_1

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Saw this on maxboxing and thought you all would be interested.

According to a recent interview by Salven Lagumbay for the Philippine Daily Inquirer, for Manny Pacquiao to take on Oscar De La Hoya in a fight, it should be worth between $30 million and $40 million and not any amount less.

Lagumbay quotes Pacquiao on his reaction to a comment that he should get at least $10,000,000 to fight De la Hoya. Pacquiao, who was speaking during a yacht on Monday was quoted by the publications, stating:.

Pac could get 20 Million but 30-40 Million would go to Oscar.

Damn, I'd like to see this fight. I'd take Oscar though, that is one Mexican the he would not beat.

I'd let Oscar beat me up for a million. He should do that, save the cash and he'll sell just as many PPVs.

This fight is just too crazy for me.

147 is 8 weight classes north of where Manny started his career. I mean the little guy is talented, but come on.

Paul Varelans, stop posting about this ridiculous matchup... You should have just put this update on the other thread you wrote about the same topic. Look, it's not going to happen. It's not worth 20 million to watch Pac get KO'd within the first few rounds, and I for one wouldn't even buy it. I'm not into buying mismatches on PPV. I've done it before, and I feel pretty damn foolish afterwards.

Oscar will knock Pac out...... it will look like a high schooler pummeling a third grader.
Unless Oscar decides to carry him the whole 12 rds.

This would be such a black mark on Oscar's legacy and boxing in general.

Maybe MMA will take over after all..........

Paul Varelans, stop posting about this ridiculous matchup... You should have just put this update on the other thread you wrote about the same topic. Look, it's not going to happen. It's not worth 20 million to watch Pac get KO'd within the first few rounds, and I for one wouldn't even buy it. I'm not into buying mismatches on PPV. I've done it before, and I feel pretty damn foolish afterwards.

I cant help it...every time I hear about it, its just something that is so ridiculous that I would have to watch it.

You live in Riverside, which is a 10 min drive for me. Next thread you make on this, how about I just drive over there and bitch slap you? You also offend my sensibilities with your chosen screen name. I played football on the SJSU football team in 1989, when Varelans was on the team. i knew the guy when he was just 18 years old, and he was a big ungainly sack of dog manure (but was 6'7" and 300 pounds even then). What compelled you to take that nickname? Are you a relative? The avatar you chose is your only saving grace. You make dumb threads, and your screen name sucks balls, but your avatar is worthy of a hand or two.

You live in Riverside, which is a 10 min drive for me. Next thread you make on this, how about I just drive over there and bitch slap you? You also offend my sensibilities with your chosen screen name. I played football on the SJSU football team in 1989, when Varelans was on the team. i knew the guy when he was just 18 years old, and he was a big ungainly sack of dog manure (but was 6'7" and 300 pounds even then). What compelled you to take that nickname? Are you a relative? The avatar you chose is your only saving grace. You make dumb threads, and your screen name sucks balls, but your avatar is worthy of a hand or two.

thanks for sharing.

Don't threaten a poster bc you don't like what he posts. A mod should ban or double yellow you for this.

To the ts, thanks for the update. That would be insane for Manny to do.

I like the part about Manny answering questions from his yacht. The man enjoys a good life.

Don't threaten a poster bc you don't like what he posts. A mod should ban or double yellow you for this.

To the ts, thanks for the update. That would be insane for Manny to do.

I like the part about Manny answering questions from his yacht. The man enjoys a good life.

I was kidding. If you couldn't tell that by the overall tone of my post, then you're one clueless fuck.

Paul Varelans "is in tremendous shape"

football for SJSU in 89 was quite amusing.

Oh, well that was true. He was on the team, but never played. He was too uncoordinated, even though he had NFL size. His nickname in our media guide even back then was the Polar Bear. It was because he was from Alaska (that was the year he flew out to Cali, and then he just stayed in North Cali afterwards) and because of his tremendous size. Here are some fun facts you wont read anywhere else: I nearly fucked his ex-gf. They were still talking at the time, but she seemed to like me alot. She was a horny lil freak.... Cute face, average body, with reddish hair. I wanted to fuck her as a grudge fuck and nothing more, as I pretty much hated Varelans... I never did tho :( I never pursued it as vigorously as I should have. By the way, everyone hated Varelans. He was a cocky SOB, even as a first year freshman. I remember one of our wide receivers came up behind him during a team meal and started choking him out one day. The guy was 5'9" and 175. Made for a funny sight, kind of like a Pride David and Goliath matchup. Hooker was the WR's last name. Anybody know Varelans, throw this name out at him. Bet he gets reddened in the face. So I hope this further embellishment of the early Varelans days amused you as well, because it's 100% true. Varelans does get credit from me for being willing and able to take on some tough earlier MMA legends and get his ass handed to him in Hollywood style. He wasn't even the toughest on our team (far from it), but wasn't afraid to get an ass kicking. That does take some balls. Without further ado, here's a highlight reel of Varelans... Enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAZZiPpFOls

I was kidding. If you couldn't tell that by the overall tone of my post, then you're one clueless fuck.

There was nothing about your post that suggested you were joking. You threaten the poster, get upset about his name, and then say that you were kidding and it should have been clear. You are the clueless fuck here.

Well, things aren't conveyed well through messages obviously. If you noticed that I ended it with talking about his avatar, and how it was worthy of a hand or two (for the breasts), you could see I was joking. Your idol Bas Rutten likes to joke around alot. Kinda strange that one of his fans gets so winded up about a post where the person was jesting, and can't GET it... Take a chill pill and watch some Bas Rutten interviews to assist you in developing a sense of humor. Life isn't that serious. I was merely surprised the guy lived so close to me and decided to comment on that. If he is as serious as you and takes it seriously, my apologies to him. You need to fuckin' relax tho. I sense you are having a conniption fit over there. DEEP BREATHS PARTNER. Don't want you passing out over my post.

Back