PacMan v Oscar- Update

This fight is just too crazy for me.

147 is 8 weight classes north of where Manny started his career. I mean the little guy is talented, but come on.

for real, and i'd hate to see pac man get beat down by de la hoya just cause he's bigger

what's up with the avatar?

Brad Morris is a regular poster in the S&P forum, and he's making his UFC debut soon. All the regulars down there are showing our support by having these av's forcibly imposed on us by the resident mods. Its an abuse of power.

You live in Riverside, which is a 10 min drive for me. Next thread you make on this, how about I just drive over there and bitch slap you? You also offend my sensibilities with your chosen screen name. I played football on the SJSU football team in 1989, when Varelans was on the team. i knew the guy when he was just 18 years old, and he was a big ungainly sack of dog manure (but was 6'7" and 300 pounds even then). What compelled you to take that nickname? Are you a relative? The avatar you chose is your only saving grace. You make dumb threads, and your screen name sucks balls, but your avatar is worthy of a hand or two.

I understood you were joking. The reason I chose this name was because the first match I ever saw in MMA was Paul Varelans v Marco Ruas and I was hooked. You would be surprised the amount of PM's wondering when my next fight is or if I ever fought Taz (the wrestler). Anyways, I love making these threads for the reactions of smart fans and because this fight would be like a car accident-no matter how much you want to ignore you will just have to watch. BTW- I am a 5'7 mexican guy-I look NOTHING like Paul Varelans-though I did appreciate the story of him on the football team.

Cool. Glad you knew I was joking. Started second guessing myself there, but I thought it was pretty evident I was joking with the way I ended the post. But anyhoo, my girl is a filipina and she absolutely adores Manny. But this is simply a fight he can't win. He needs to just go up to lightweight and see how he fares there. Some punchers bring their punch up a few divisions pretty well, while others have less success. It will be interesting to see how Manny's power translates with bigger guys.

Cool. Glad you knew I was joking. Started second guessing myself there, but I thought it was pretty evident I was joking with the way I ended the post. But anyhoo, my girl is a filipina and she absolutely adores Manny. But this is simply a fight he can't win. He needs to just go up to lightweight and see how he fares there. Some punchers bring their punch up a few divisions pretty well, while others have less success. It will be interesting to see how Manny's power translates with bigger guys.

I tell ya wha would be interesting-were does Manny stand on the all time list if by some strange planet alignment he lands a big bomb and puts Oscar down for a 10 count....

I tell ya wha would be interesting-were does Manny stand on the all time list if by some strange planet alignment he lands a big bomb and puts Oscar down for a 10 count....

It would obviously help his legendary status, much in the way Roberto Duran's legend improved when he dominated many of the bigger fighters that he faced over the years. But I don't even see there being a remote chance that this fight would even happen. Manny isn't big enough in the US to make this a big enough fight, especially considering most boxing fans would call this an utter and complete mismatch. Put Manny in with a bigger fighter who has had success at 147, and you will have some generated interest. Right now though? Doesn't make sense on any level, and it probably ends Pacquiao's career.

Get out with the local geography jokes.

PM.

LOL no way in hell Pacman is getting that kind of money ever in a fight. Besides, a De la Hoya Pacman fight does not make sense at all for both boxers. De la Hoya will look like some Mexican bully out to get revenge for his fallen brethren. Beating Manny does not add anything to his legacy. And Manny seems blinded by Money. Willing to have himself raped for a boatload of cash. Think of your Children, do you want them to be orphaned?

Back