Overweight but I run. I need advice

BigB0SS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Here are my numbers. 5 foot 9. 190lbs. Body fat:??? but trust me I'm chubby as hell.

I have been running 5 times a week. I usually do 1st mile at 5mph, 2nd mile at 5.5mph, 3rd mile at 6mph.

I have lost weight but I feel that I'm still not doing something right.

Can anyone recommend a better running plan for me?

reduce your caloric intake increase running speed.

What do you eat? Keep the calories low if you want to reduce fat. Here's the thing: you can jog 5 days a a week, but if you are sucking down a large pizza and a 6-pack each night, you'll keep the fat on, even if you are getting more healthy.

What do you eat? Keep the calories low if you want to reduce fat. Here's the thing: you can jog 5 days a a week, but if you are sucking down a large pizza and a 6-pack each night, you'll keep the fat on, even if you are getting more healthy.

i eat twice a day. I consume maybe 2000 calories.

Take a look at the Diet and Supplement Faq
Follow Berardis Rules to eating

Try eating 5 meals a day with balanced nutrients.
Drink 2 cups of water with each meal, and you should be on you're way.
Get you're fat intake from something like mixed nuts or something simular. Maybe Fruits.
Try some fish oil or omega 3's listed in the D&S forum. 2 meals a day lol... 2500 Calories will be perfect.

For running, try something like this schedule (Variety)

Monday -
1 Mile run
400 meters
2 min rest
400 meters
2 min rest
400 meters
2 min rest
1 mile

Tuesday
3 Miles (like you had done)

Wednsday
1 mile warmup
3 minutes of high intensity
2 minutes rest
3 minutes of high intensity
1 minute rest
2 minutes of higher intensity
1 minute rest
2 minutes of higher intensity

Thursday
100 meters MAXIMUM EFFORT
1 min rest
1 min rest
1 min rest
30 sec rest
30 sec rest
30 sec rest

Friday -
3 Miles like you had been doing

With this here, there is a huge variety in running, which will always be taking you're system offgaurd. Later, after a few months of this, you could try swapping some day out for some hill sprints, which would also be terrific for you're goals.

Yeah everytime you eat a 1000 calorie meal, you just slam on the breaks of your met.abolism. You want to "trickle" the food into your system to keep it burning the cals all day. So dont do 2 big meals but focus on lots of smaller meals.

I'm going to try to "trick" my body by doing the recommended workouts posted by Curtis.

As for food, I only drink Water and I don't have the ability during the day to find time for mini-meals.

Thanks for the help guys

I'm going to try to "trick" my body by doing the recommended workouts posted by Curtis.

As for food, I only drink Water and I don't have the ability during the day to find time for mini-meals.

Thanks for the help guys

train like hell and eat whatever you want - your friend and mine Fedor Emelianenko

Try packing a variety of small foods around with you. Maybe bring something like a fruit with you. Just something like that, that you can nibble on threw out the day. bring a back pack with a lunch box in it around with you. This step is crucial. Fail to plan, plan to fail

Idea's for pre-made snacks
Fruit, Turkey Pepporoni, Premade parfaits, Sandwiches, just simple and convenient things like that.

Try packing a variety of small foods around with you. Maybe bring something like a fruit with you. Just something like that, that you can nibble on threw out the day. bring a back pack with a lunch box in it around with you. This step is crucial. Fail to plan, plan to fail

Idea's for pre-made snacks
Fruit, Turkey Pepporoni, Premade parfaits, Sandwiches, just simple and convenient things like that.

Good quote

well there's your problem, you're eating twice a day. eat more often but in smaller amounts, eg 6 small meals a day. 2 big meals a day is horrible. changing this alone will increase your ****bolism.

also your training needs to be tweaked. contrary to popular belief running is crap for losing weight, relative to how time consuming it is and how hard it is. running is hard on the knees, and is pretty boring.

if you have high carb intake, start doing High Intensity Interval Training. search it on youtube, there's lots of vids. basically, take anything, like skipping, or even running (sprinting) and do it as hard & fast as you can for 30 seconds, then take a 30 second break and do it again--repeat 30 times and you've only been working out for about 30 or so minutes and will be exhausted and would have burnt soooooooooooooo much energy, because anaerobic work is much less fuel efficient than aerobic.

if you have low carbs in your diet, it gets lame. you have to start doing aerobic excercise. remember that it takes around 20 minutes for your fats to mobalize, which means you gotta work out very lightly for a very long time.

tell me about your diet mate...

my diet is very strange

morning: 1 cup of coffee, fat free milk, 2 sugars
and a muffin (fatfree)

i dont eat till 7pm which consists of 99% fat free lean chicken, a dash of ketchup for flavor and water

i drink water throughout the day and this thing called V8 Fusion for my fruits and vegetables

I know I know, my diet is shit.

well there's your problem, you're eating twice a day. eat more often but in smaller amounts, eg 6 small meals a day. 2 big meals a day is horrible. changing this alone will increase your ****bolism.

also your training needs to be tweaked. contrary to popular belief running is crap for losing weight, relative to how time consuming it is and how hard it is. running is hard on the knees, and is pretty boring.

if you have high carb intake, start doing High Intensity Interval Training. search it on youtube, there's lots of vids. basically, take anything, like skipping, or even running (sprinting) and do it as hard & fast as you can for 30 seconds, then take a 30 second break and do it again--repeat 30 times and you've only been working out for about 30 or so minutes and will be exhausted and would have burnt soooooooooooooo much energy, because anaerobic work is much less fuel efficient than aerobic.

if you have low carbs in your diet, it gets lame. you have to start doing aerobic excercise. remember that it takes around 20 minutes for your fats to mobalize, which means you gotta work out very lightly for a very long time.

tell me about your diet mate...

running is crap for losing weight? WOW, tell that to the 100 lbs i lost. at 190 pounds, u burn off 145 calories per mile, u do 5 miles a day and u are burning off serious calories.

Everything else u said is 100 percent correct and great advice but running if done right is none of the stuff u mentioned.

Running is definitely not boring either, maybe on a treadmill but if u hit the outdoors its quite invigorating.

my diet is very strange

and a muffin (fatfree)

i dont eat till 7pm which consists of 99% fat free lean chicken, a dash of ketchup for flavor and water

i drink water throughout the day and this thing called V8 Fusion for my fruits and vegetables

Do you ACTUALLY know how bad your diet is or are you just saying that? Nutrition is at least 70% of losing weight IMO!!!!!
If you have bad nutrition habits it can be 100% of the reason why you cant lose weight or keep gaining weight too. again, imo

running is crap for losing weight? WOW, tell that to the 100 lbs i lost. at 190 pounds, u burn off 145 calories per mile, u do 5 miles a day and u are burning off serious calories.

Everything else u said is 100 percent correct and great advice but running if done right is none of the stuff u mentioned.

Running is definitely not boring either, maybe on a treadmill but if u hit the outdoors its quite invigorating.

good work on losing the 100lbs. i should've added that the stuff i said about running is mostly personal opinion. i find it to be much harder to lose weight running. sprinting HIIT style is a different story.

my diet is very strange

and a muffin (fatfree)

Sounds like your body thinks you're starving with a diet like that, which will cause you to pack on alot of fat. Your poor diet is the reason you're not seeing results. You should try to throw some veggies, fruit, and whole grains into there and balance it out throughout the day. Oatmeal is your friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back