• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Overwatch Official Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skill level is starting to even out, well at least for me it is. The balancing is starting to show with more experience you gain also.

play every character even if you hate them.

Please don't solo shit. This game relies so heavily on teamwork.

Adecent McCree will take out a tank with a single stun and fan. Removing the reload mechanic wouldn't change anything other than keeping the scrubs down.

Would he? At 70 per shot and hitting with all 6 he'd be doing 420 damage, right?That would take out Zarya but not the others.

Would he? At 70 per shot and hitting with all 6 he'd be doing 420 damage, right?That would take out Zarya but not the others.

Double damage for head shots don't forget. And all the tanks (except Zarya) have pretty massive heads. + Flashbang does 25 damage.

Actually, I'm wrong there. Fan doesn't do headshots, so 445 with 6 hits, 475 with a melee attack thrown in.

Last edited:
Double damage for head shots don't forget. And all the tanks (except Zarya) have pretty massive heads. + Flashbang does 25 damage.

Actually, I'm wrong there. Fan doesn't do headshots, so 445 with 6 hits, 475 with a melee attack thrown in.

I'm pretty sure that can't kill any tank except Zarya without a shield.

What do you guys play OW on?

I play on Xbone and Bastion and Tobjorn are pretty popular. High tier on Xbone lol

How often do you play tank/healer?

Not often, but I've been playing Lucio alot lately and imo I'm pretty good with him in terms of healing and offense, hes one of the best heros if not the best hero in the entire game. My winrate is highest with Lucio by far, around 65%. Most people who play healers in this game are shit, they have no idea what they are doing. I hardly ever play tanks, not becuase I dislike it but I'm taking my time with this game and learning each hero 1 by 1 and haven't got around to mastering tanks yet.

From experience of other games, ranked mode won't encourage people to pick more appropriate character, or play better. They'll just bitch more that everyone else isn't carrying them to victory.

Yea you might be right, I think the matchmaking may need some tweaking here. But mostly I think I'm just on a really shitty streak right now, law of averages kinda thing. The team comps aren't that bad, most games I have usually at least one healer and tank but most people never switch out and most of the genjis and hanzos and tracers on my team are shit, and the opposing team just seem to have better overall players.

Like I'm spectating guys on my team and some of them are literally dicking around doing jack squat staring at a wall, I see teammates who are a few feet away from the cart but for some inexplicable reason they don't think of moving a few feet to left to push the damn thing, lol its infuriating I tell ya.

f12.jpg

With 10 million copies sold, you have to expect a high % of complete noobs.

I remember occasionally playing PuG's when WoW was at its peak. Talk about frustrating.

Not that it is any indication of the public but this game seems to be dying down on my friends list pretty quick.
It seems like many have the same thought that I do that if you don't have a decent sized group it's better to just play something else.

I've been solo since day one and it does get frustrating at times, but I'm going to at least play long enough to give the competitive mode a try. I'm still enjoying it overall. I didn't play last night because NBA 2k16 was free on PSN and I wanted to try that out. Fuck Spike Lee, but that's a story for another thread...

Is there a ranked mode(I am lvl 23)? I am getting sick and tired teaming with people that role 2-3 of the same class, it's always reaper/mcree/widowmaker or they role characters that are useless for the mode we are playing, and no one uses voice chat and communicates the only time people say shit is when I call them out for doing the above.

Law of averages finally going my way, won 5 in a row as Lucio, screw it I think I"m just going to main him from now on, I get almost just as many eliminations with him and most other people have no idea how to play as healers. He's one of the only characters that could somewhat control the game almost by himself and my winrate with him is pretty high. Lucio it is for now.

Last edited:
Not that it is any indication of the public but this game seems to be dying down on my friends list pretty quick.
It seems like many have the same thought that I do that if you don't have a decent sized group it's better to just play something else.

That's is the thought of all of my friends, which is why we all send invites to each other and group up. I only play this game in 4-6 man party.

I can't imagine doing it solo.

I play on PC, typically running solo. It's not bad, but sometimes I'd much prefer to have a full crew running in match.

That's is the thought of all of my friends, which is why we all send invites to each other and group up. I only play this game in 4-6 man party.

I can't imagine doing it solo.
I think most of my group are older than the average gamer and/or have big backlogs.
OW is a solid fun game, but not enough to grind solo instead of finishing off other good games.

I think most of my group are older than the average gamer and/or have big backlogs.
OW is a solid fun game, but not enough to grind solo instead of finishing off other good games.

Backlogs, significant others, dogs/kids, work, etc.

I like doing the weekend get together but during the week it's hard to sit down and play. Doesn't help I have friends on Xbox that play and friends on pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back