• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Overrated movie you've ever seen?

Cap went down with the ship and was encased in ice for decades, and awoke in an alien world where the woman he loved, Peggy Carter, was old, had a family, and ended up dying. QS died. Why do you think Black Panther was so pissed off in Civil War? No risk my ass. Thor was stripped of his power and booted out of Asgard for a time. Loki turned against Thor and became a villain. Hawkeye was mindraped into helping the other side. Groot sacrificed himself, but he has regen powers. Stark has nearly died a number of times...

In your attempt to demonstrate real consequences in the MCU, you've given numerous examples of how there are no real consequences.

I wasn't aware that being curious and asking questions was a sign of anger. So what about there being high stakes? They need high stakes to overcome hence why they're superheroes. They're not run-of-the-mill heroes or barely heroes. They're basically larger than life heroes. And what do you mean nothing is at risk?

You seemed to have taken something personally, and among other things, seemed to be getting defensive about Marvel in particular, as though I were targeting them and we were engaged in some kind of DC vs Marvel thing.

Brick fucking Mansions

What a waste
<{CMPALM}>

I definitely prefer this :

Titanic. Never liked it. Boring and no creativety.

"Lets copy and paste 'Romeo and Juliet' , then copy and paste the historical accounts of the Titanic sinking."

The only ACTUAL work they put into the film was the CGI boat, which isn't that impressive.

Citizen Kane deserves an honorable mention; I liked it and appreciate the artistic direction and detail, but I have a hard time calling it amongst the greatest movies ever.

Star Wars (and by that I mean "A New Hope", the shittiest movie I love.)

American Graffiti - boring. Don't get why people like this movie.

Inception (2010) and Interstellar (2014)

Agree with Inception but not Interstellar. @the ambush

yCX0wT.gif

Babel - That piece of crap won Best Film (Drama) Golden Globe and it was horrible. Hated it all and the shakey camera effect made it even more sickening.

lol Watchmen is like the only DC movie I like

Boondock Saints was seriously retarded. I felt like I lost IQ points just watching it.

Old school? I never got why Citizen Kane is considered such a classic. Blue Velvet was also retarded as F.

Watchmen. Too much hype that didn't meet my expectations.

What about you my fellow Sherdoggies?

Watchmen was interesting to me but I agree a bit over hyped. I'll go with Avatar that movie was hyped beyond belief.

Anything involving immortal dudes fighting to the death...

Going by the logic of looking up the top 10 rated movies on IMDB, and starting at 1 and going up until the first movie on the list I see that I don't like, my choice is Lord of the Rings: Return of the King. I thought it was terriblly boring like the rest of the series.

Are you white?

Back