Overrated fighters who become underated fighters

Usually happens when fighters who at their peak flashed divisional GOAT potential, and were talked up as such, then either get injured or fade fast from their prime and new fans want to dismiss everything that happened before they started watching MMA

Examples off the top of my head:

Cain
Liddell
Shogun
Weidman
Wand

Overeem is underrated sometimes and then he gets overreemd, um overrated again.

Weidman.

Went from invincible on here to the butt of a lot of jokes.

His dad didn’t help

This. His reign was very overrated IMHO (Beating many older, slower fighters and the completely one dimensional Ngannou) but he is now treated like a bum because he lost to DC who in turn, is now called a GOAT :rolleyes:.

Classsic sherdog

overrated: Jon Jones & Cejudo
Uh, what?

You’re talking about Jones who is arguably GOAT and has never been defeated. He’s dominated just about every top guy and then cleaned out s division

And Henry? He just had the best 3 fight stretch in MMA. He defeated the #1 p4p dominant champion, finished the roided champ up a division then went up in weight and smashed a guy there to win the belt.

I just never liked him since early in his career, eating McDonald’s before weight cuts, complains and milks things a lot (also fouls), he quits easily and has no heart.
And I’d better stop now before I get tagged for fighter bashing lol. Anyway reasons I’m not a fan.
However I can appreciate good fighting and technique all day, his submission game and the way he’s been using standing elbows of lately are fantastic.

That is actually a really fair assessment that's hard to disagree with

Conor McGregor
He went from koing Woodley and Bisping stiff to losing to Henry Cejudo and TJ dillashaw
@BoD 2.0 thread is a perfect example of this.

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/does-anyone-honestly-think-conor-could-beat-dillashaw.3885683/

People honestly believe because he lost to Khabib he loses to every top 15 fighter in FW/LW/WW including those he’s already beat and embarrassed.
Wow. This thread must’ve really triggered you back then, for you to remember it and bring it back up lol

Besides Ronda, which shouldn't even count how far she is in the first place, the only other option is Erick Silva.

Slick fighter, gassed badly trying to submit Matt Brown and now you can't pronounce his name without someone saying that he's a young prospect.

That was fun at start, became funnier as time went by, but now seems kinda childish/stupid if you think he had great fights back in the days. Where the hell did he went?

How has Jessica become Underrated?
Nobody thought that she would beat Rose (and Andrade she was losing soundly until the slam). And nobody expects a long reign from her, even picking favoring Rose in a rematch.

Conor McGregor
He went from koing Woodley and Bisping stiff to losing to Henry Cejudo and TJ dillashaw

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/does-anyone-honestly-think-conor-could-beat-dillashaw.3885683/

People honestly believe because he lost to Khabib he loses to every top 15 fighter in FW/LW/WW including those he’s already beat and embarrassed.
Do you ever post anything not Conor related?

Conors a bum by the way.

Nobody thought that she would beat Rose (and Andrade she was losing soundly until the slam). And nobody expects a long reign from her, even picking favoring Rose in a rematch.
Plenty of people thought she'd beat Rose. Rose was the underdog.

Its Its like 5+ years people saying mousasi is on his prime will become ufc ufc champ.people today still says hes on his prime.move on dudes aint gonna win a ufc belt.

UFC makes them, it is up to fighter to make themselves a UFC. Fight!

Thanks.

Conor McGregor

Yeah I agree the last part is pretty ridiculous but the reason Conor gets so much shit is because his fan base constantly pushing equally ridiculous narratives that annoy people.

Especially since he's only ever KOed one guy "stiff" and even he was still conscious before a 250+ pound Ref dropped a running knee on his temple.

For the most part it seems the majority are finely starting to be realistic about his actual abilities as a fighter although the extremists on either side are still quite present around here.

Jessica Eye. I mean she was undefeated in her respective division, the became ..... ah fuck it we all know she sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back