Over under on if Biden will be more hawkish than Trump?

F1980

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Biden is part of the clinton establishment. They're practically neocons.

Whose administration do you think will end up being more hawkish/starting wars? Trump or Biden?

Biden hasn't even started yet, but this is just a prediction thread.

Biden is part of the clinton establishment. They're practically neocons.

Whose administration do you think will end up being more hawkish/starting wars? Trump or Biden?

Biden hasn't even started yet, but this is just a prediction thread.

The fact that people think Trump wasn’t hawkish is hilarious. He has been upping drone attacks in Africa & Middle East by orders of magnitude, he’s pretty much removed rules of engagement as well thereby leading to much greater civilian loss of life, more animosity, etc. (See article below). Not to mention he tore apart an agreement with Iran, assassinated one of their leaders, and agitated for war with them. I’m not even a Biden fan but he will be less hawkish than Trump, Trump has low key been a war hawk and a disaster.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2...rump-drone-strikes-far-exceed-obama-s-numbers

If, like the poster above, you don’t KNOW this will happen, you are a moron.

Enjoy your new national security advisor, dick fucking Cheney<Dany07>

A lack of war is a lack of profit. Trump is bad for business in that regard, so with Biden and especially Cheney things will ramp up. I wouldn't count out a couple of false flags, wouldn't be the first time.

If, like the poster above, you don’t KNOW this will happen, you are a moron.

Enjoy your new national security advisor, dick fucking Cheney<Dany07>
Trump was the only one who hired one of the architects of the Iraq War (Bolton) as his National Security Advisor. Obama/Biden didn’t, and I’ll bet my 401K Biden/Harris won’t be appointing a neocon as his NSA. Not only that, it’s well known that Biden was the biggest opponent within the Obama admin of sending more troops to Afghanistan. Is there nothing you guys won’t twist, lie about, and project on to the Dems what true about your side??

Trump was the only one who hired one of the architects of the Iraq War (Bolton) as his National Security Advisor. Obama/Biden didn’t, and I’ll bet my 401K Biden/Harris won’t be appointing a neocon as his NSA. Not only that, it’s well known that Biden was the biggest opponent within the Obama admin of sending more troops to Afghanistan. Is there nothing you guys won’t twist, lie about, and project on to the Dems what true about your side??
At the end of the day Trump didn't start any wars and has been recalling troops. I can only hope Biden continues this trend.

I'm going to guess the guy that said publicly that Iraq should be split into three separate countries would be more hawkish.

At the end of the day Trump didn't start any wars and has been recalling troops. I can only hope Biden continues this trend.
Wasn't there a thread last night stating Dick Cheney is giving Biden advice on foreign policy?

Also, I think people forgot that the senior administration behind the Lincoln Project were the architects of the Iraq War.

Dems are pro war now. they'll find a way to justify our bombing of whatever innocent country we go to war with.

If the Cheney Thing is true, it just reinforces my statement that politicians are politicians, the political party mask they wear are just a facade used to appeal to whatever political party their identity appeals to the most.

The fact that people think Trump wasn’t hawkish is hilarious. He has been upping drone attacks in Africa & Middle East by orders of magnitude, he’s pretty much removed rules of engagement as well thereby leading to much greater civilian loss of life, more animosity, etc. (See article below). Not to mention he tore apart an agreement with Iran, assassinated one of their leaders, and agitated for war with them. I’m not even a Biden fan but he will be less hawkish than Trump, Trump has low key been a war hawk and a disaster.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2...rump-drone-strikes-far-exceed-obama-s-numbers

He was bombing the shit out of ISIS. Moreso than Obama did.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/214873/amp

From 2009.

- called for diplomacy with Iran when all the cool kids on both sides of the aisle were ratting their sabres.

- said the president can't do war without Congress approval during a time of hawkishness during W's first term.

- said no to Iraq War in the 90s, but said yes to the Iraq War in the 00s

-opposed aiding the Contras.

- opposed to the US manufacturing land mines

- loved NAFTA and WTO

- opposed Obama's warming relationship with Cuba.

- wanted Georgia to join NATO

- vocal supporter of NATO bombing in Yugoslavia

- teamed up with Jesse Helms to ensure Indonesia got US training when dealing with East Timor

- voted to keep Cold War military spending plans even after Cold War was over

- voted against bills to limit military contractors profit making during W's terms.

- advocated to increase military spending even beyond what W asked for.

- there will be no pushing the embassy back from Jerusalem to Tell Aviv.

Obama pulls back any troops, gets called a coward for retreating before victory and blamed for ISIS.

Trump abandons our Kurdish allies (who helped fight ISIS), and thats ok because its Trump.

Shameless partisan hacks.

No, the drone strikes were also in Yemen, Somalia, and other parts of Africa. Had little to do with ISIS.
Africa is infested with radical Muslims who would love to cut off your head.

Obama pulls back any troops, gets called a coward for retreating before victory and blamed for ISIS.

Trump abandons our Kurdish allies (who helped fight ISIS), and thats ok because its Trump.

Shameless partisan hacks.
So you're for more military spending

Part of it is that many of the most vocal critics of drones and of hawkish FP generally went totally silent starting in January 2017.

ISIS basically disappeared under his watch.
What does that have to do with dramatic increase in military action across Africa and Yemen? We had 4 green berets killled in Niger, why were they there? Just because the media doesn’t cover the military escalation under Trump doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

What does that have to do with dramatic increase in military action across Africa and Yemen? We had 4 green berets killled in Niger, why were they there? Just because the media doesn’t cover the military escalation under Trump doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

Oh, I think I missunderstood you. Sorry, my bad.

Back