Over under on if Biden will be more hawkish than Trump?

Africa is infested with radical Muslims who would love to cut off your head.
Wait, I thought you guys loved Trump because he wants to get out of Afghanistan & Iraq? Are they not infested with radical Muslims? Your paper thin argument already shredded to pieces lol.

The fact that people think Trump wasn’t hawkish is hilarious. He has been upping drone attacks in Africa & Middle East by orders of magnitude, he’s pretty much removed rules of engagement as well thereby leading to much greater civilian loss of life, more animosity, etc. (See article below). Not to mention he tore apart an agreement with Iran, assassinated one of their leaders, and agitated for war with them. I’m not even a Biden fan but he will be less hawkish than Trump, Trump has low key been a war hawk and a disaster.

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/2...rump-drone-strikes-far-exceed-obama-s-numbers

The reason drone strikes have gone up is because our physical presence (troops on the ground) has been reduced. If you want to call that being hawkish by all means but just know that most Americans are completely ok with this

The reason drone strikes have gone up is because our physical presence (troops on the ground) has been reduced. If you want to call that being hawkish by all means but just know that most Americans are completely ok with this
It appears that Joe Biden is ok with this as well, since he advocated a more surgical approach in Afghanistan vs. more troops. Biden is also in favor of talking to Iran vs. escalating what could turn into a hot war. I find it funny that Trump supporters are dishing out nuance on Trumps position on war but with Biden its “Meh he’s gonna start a bunch of wars!”. Lol, there is no logic whatsoever, just pure partisanship. The reality is that both Republicans and Democrats have remarkably similar foreign policy stances and nothing much will change regarding foreign wars, it’s just a stupid line Trump supporters use with no factual basis.

It appears that Joe Biden is ok with this as well, since he advocated a more surgical approach in Afghanistan vs. more Trumps. Biden is also in favor of talking to Iran vs. escalating what could turn into a hot war. I find it funny that Trump supporters are dishing out nuance on Trumps position on war but with Biden its “Meh he’s gonna start a bunch of wars!”. Lol, there is no logic whatsoever, just pure partisanship. The reality is that both Republicans and Democrats have remarkably similar foreign policy stances and nothing much will change regarding foreign wars, it’s just a stupid line Trump supporters use with no factual basis.

We tried talking to Iran and they reneged on their deal, which I fully expect Biden to return to since he went to the same weak school of diplomacy that Obama went to. And frankly considering Biden's history of bad judgement supporting pointless wars (bombing Belgrade, the Iraq War, as well as advising Obama not to order a strike on Bin Laden), I don't trust him to take my lunch order, much less run our foreign policy

It's too bad the moderator cut out the foreign policy questions to focus on race again.

It's too bad the moderator cut out the foreign policy questions to focus on race again.
People care more about how many genders there are than how many civilians we kill on a daily basis.

Biden is part of the clinton establishment. They're practically neocons.

Whose administration do you think will end up being more hawkish/starting wars? Trump or Biden?

Biden hasn't even started yet, but this is just a prediction thread.
Bet your ass they would be.

Trump was the only one who hired one of the architects of the Iraq War (Bolton) as his National Security Advisor. Obama/Biden didn’t, and I’ll bet my 401K Biden/Harris won’t be appointing a neocon as his NSA. Not only that, it’s well known that Biden was the biggest opponent within the Obama admin of sending more troops to Afghanistan. Is there nothing you guys won’t twist, lie about, and project on to the Dems what true about your side??
<Dany07>

Bolton burn effigies to Cheney. Do you even know who you’re talking about?

When was the last time Bolton shot someone in the face?

The pathetic part of the 2020 election is that Biden, at no point, was truly grilled about foreign policy, which ought to be one of the most important categories, considering the disproportionate amount of damage that can be caused by a single bad decision.

By pushing for Iraq War, Biden caused a cycle of destruction that continues to this day in the form of beheadings and other migrant attacks/crime in Europe. Which has affected the lives of millions.

His one redeeming moment, I suppose, was being initially against the Libya intervention, but when push came to shove, he went along with it like the compromised, gutless coward that he truly is.

I expect more of the same from him for the next 4 years. I doubt very seriously that he's going to dig up the amount of courage that it took even for Obama to occasionally rail against the war-mongerers.

We tried talking to Iran and they reneged on their deal, which I fully expect Biden to return to since he went to the same weak school of diplomacy that Obama went to
This is just a lie. Iran was adhering to the terms of the deal as recently as last year, the IAEA certified this fact (see article below). We were the ones that reneged. And well after we pulled out Iran was still adhering to the terms at the urging of Europe. We were 100% in the wrong, and the reason is because anti-Iran war hawks urged Trump to do that and he folded like a cheap suit. So much for being “anti-war”.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...lear-limits-under-2015-deal-with-world-powers

Last edited:

Whose administration do you think will end up being more hawkish/starting wars? Trump or Biden?

How many wars were started under Obama? How many wars under Obama were scaled down? This hawkishness accusation of Biden is such a fucking joke. The military was ramping down under Obama. Both in troops and spending.

13qg6on8rw241.png

WOLVUML35Y6PRBVICWA5IH7ACU.png

Last edited:

Biden will definitely be more sympathetic to starting MidEast wars. He famously said there is no light between the American and Israeli partnership. Unlike Obama and Trump, he does not strike me as non interventionist.

Biden will definitely be more sympathetic to starting MidEast wars. He famously said there is no light between the American and Israeli partnership. Unlike Obama and Trump, he does not strike me as non interventionist.
Trump is not a “non-interventionist”. The countless escalations he’s overseen in Yemen and Africa attest to this. The dude is just a liar who is comfortable saying he’s against war whenever it suits him, he’s basically given the military free reign to do whatever they want. And the military is always pro intervention, except in Iran where they actually had to talk him down not the other way around.

There was a time when republicans weren't afraid of confronting the bad guys in the world.

They worshiped this guy for how "hawkish" he was:
President-Ronald-Reagan.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back