Over 287k voted for Leland Yee, despite being arrested and dropping out of race

Jo Thaibox

Pocket Full Of Sunshine
@Brown
Reaction score
http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05electio...200000-plus-californians-vote-for-leland-yee/

BH223bA.jpg

Aaaaaaand this is why California is on a steady, downward slope. A guy who's facing serious federal criminal corruption charges for illegal weapons trafficking (local and international), who dropped out of the race, got nearly 300,000 votes...

what is even funnier is that the repub Pete Peterson couldn't win even though the vote was split.

Poor Pete Peterson, besmirched at birth by his parents and now at the polls

The comical thought in my head of how this transpired:

Californian: Oooo Leland Yee! That's ethnic AND he's a Democrat! I'm not racist so voting for him will help affirm that. Yee it is! Yaaaaaaaay!

1401499780120s.jpg

I've got you all beat, my childhood friend was Eddie Edwards... and it gets better!

Eddie was short for Edward so his real name was EDWARD EDWARDS!!! No shit, true story.

And yes, news we already know, California is full of complete fucktards. I imagine many of these voters simply voted for him based on his last name or lived in his senate district like i do and simply werent paying attention to the news. I was quite surprised that story even aired on the local news.

what is even funnier is that the repub Pete Peterson couldn't win even though the vote was split.

Poor Pete Peterson, besmirched at birth by his parents and now at the polls

Mr. P.P. will actually go one on one against Alex Padilla come November.

Padilla via ethnic surname, Round 2 KO.

P.S. I'm a 3rd world country born immigrant turned U.S. citizen with a very ethnic surname. Not trying to take a thinly veiled racist stab at anyone.

They should eliminate all votes from criminals. That could have changed the outcome. If any politicians are found incompetent which is not very hard eliminated from all US ballots and politics. :icon_chee

10% of the vote. That is really telling us something. I would be disgusted if I were at all surprised.

On name recognition alone a politician who has been around for some time will get votes from people who don't pay much attention to politics, but feel it's their duty to vote. There was a guy in one of the Congressional districts around Tucson who was a perennial candidate and an outright racist. He literally brought everything back to race, if you asked him his thoughts on Iraq he'd talk about how we needed to get "wetbacks" out of the country, or on education the same thing. And he'd use those terms too. Well anyway, this guy ran for office so many times people just got to know the name, and he ran against a moderate Republican who had a solid background, was a pretty decent guy, family, businessman, endorsed by all of the papers, but who was pretty new to the area and a first time candidate. Well, to the shock of everybody around here, the racist won the primary, it was a big embarrassment for the local GOP, and he got trounced in the general election. So it doesn't surprise me this guy got so many votes, that's often how it works if you have a name and it sticks in people's heads.

Jesse Jackson Junior got 70% while he was under investigation and in a mental hospital.

http://blog.sfgate.com/nov05electio...200000-plus-californians-vote-for-leland-yee/

BH223bA.jpg

Aaaaaaand this is why California is on a steady, downward slope. A guy who's facing serious federal criminal corruption charges for illegal weapons trafficking (local and international), who dropped out of the race, got nearly 300,000 votes...
You could literally do that with any election ever: in a bastion of left-wing or right-wing thinking. Texas or California. Doesn't matter.

People will elect a dead man. No, I'm serious. Of course, in that instance, it was possibly rational on the part of the people of Missouri as the alternative living candidate probably terrified them more than an empty office.
lol. How bad can this Dan guy be?
He's in the wrong party.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back