Movies Out of these movie quotes (Tournament) - Which 5 are the best? (First Elimination Bracket)

What's your picks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Which Matrix one do you want in this tournament btw?

How about this one?

"Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure."
Red pill blue pill
Ignorance is bliss

- moments lost in time
- bigger boat
- as if
- liver & fava beans & chianti
- box of chocolates

Possibly more fav than best tho.

Blade runner has the best monologue, especially knowing it was improvised.
Its not as much of a quote.
The best one liner must be "may the force be with you".

***Possible Spoilers In This Thread***

Here we go another tournament, hope you guys like this.

Let's see if we can find out what the greatest movie quote is.

For those who are knew to these tournaments basically there will be a 100 quotes spread out into 5 elimination rounds.

So that's 20 quotes per elimination round. Only 4 quotes from each elimination round will move on to the Semi-Finals.

I used this as reference.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...op-867142/frankly-my-dear-i-dont-give-a-damn/

My choices are:

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain." - Blade Runner
"I drink your milkshake!" - There Will Be Blood
"You're gonna need a bigger boat." - Jaws
"Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!" - Planet of the Apes
"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti." - The Silence of the Lambs

If you don't want to be tagged, just let me know on here or pm me and I'll remove you.

Please vote, thank you.
@paddan @TheNinja @Doomer @TCE @Piperrr @ASUThermo @Chesten_Hesten @dc007 @ThinkGreen @Axefan4life @xHeadx @pv3Hpv3p @JinKazama @Screwtape @2DUM2TAP @aldeniro78 @Fedorgasm @Starck @Anialater @TheRash @shunyata @Cyrano200 @wigglestick @cowboyjunkie @TrueBias @empsim @raty tat tat @I Am Legion @offshore33 @ripsta619 @Jackie Blue @Solid @THE MARTIAN @Mesos @Swiftie @Digital Fire @Shonuffbrad @Trill850 @rustledjimjams @ironmansnap @SL1200 @wendelbudwhite @dindonker @Korben @Amerikuracana @ThinkGreen @Sleestaxk
@KnightTemplar @Ares Black @Zookeeper Gabe @Proud American @Askren’s chin @Excelsior @bubbleboyjones @Brandon Wilson @marioh @SammyPops @BB in Crazy!!!! @method115 @Virginiatechmic @Simian Raticus @Cherry Brigand @Adamant @Dark One @sanfranpsycho @Lebnof @Ablis89 @FortieSicks @GearSolidMetal @IloveTHIS @Vigorelli @steeldragon @Dr Curtis Love @HUGHPHUG @MilesAbove @Law Talkin’ Guy @moreorless87 @Randlewand @Uncle J @revoltub @dindonker @SKYNET @RoyalTS @CHUTE_BOXE78 @IndyCovaHart @Magooglie @BARNUM @Hanz_Blitz @Satanical Eve @D3THRONED @bosox32 @danny23 @ManCityFC9 @PajamaSnugz
@sleepwalk @Krimzon @MusterX @SuperHoss @Wrath of Foamy @Rob Battisti @Big Tuppy Hole @Ralph Wiggum @lifelessheap @tdluxon @newcastleman @Kryptt @elreece @ssBaldy @Noveltymortar @Streeter @Herwald @LetThemBleed @Dr brakestick @MuayThaiSteve79 @tank666 @jerzey devil @Oeshon @Rizzo @stanlee @BayAreaGuy @mmamxfan @ctm @Spiffy @Morning Star @Mohawk Mauler @Tyrannosaurus rex @Rozko @Senzo Tanaka @Steve-French @Superbad @the ambush @Badger67 @Rygu @Sano @i420KrYpT @EnthusiastCultivator @Heisenboom @Shoden @El Che @ChickenBrother @Shaungotti @genecop @Mikeydontgiva @Papachulu @SheetsMMAfan @Zen.
@Champagne @Natural Order @esotamoc @Plissken @Gomi1977 @MicroBrew @HeLLMuTT @horc00 @Michaelangelo @Talent @Uncommon Valor @AlphaBetaShark @Bobby 3 Sticks
@scorpipede @ineverpost @Grassshoppa @aus101 @97talon @TheJewBear @gentlemanjack @Ezekiel 25:17 @mommysboi420 @Anung Un Rama @Newtieg @mmascene @Patof @Papasmurf45619 @dildos @xMsBarnez @Prutfis @tangata motu'a
@Osiris007 @benebox @Dillydilly @Damien Karras @FIGHTING TALK @SaiWa @Prologue
@Jesus H. Sherdog @qw3rty @Highway99 @Trotsky @GreenGorilla @Krixes @DM1982 @Valhoven @GolovKing @Enrico Palazzo @bowened @Aegon Spengler @90 50 @SiKnSiN @RollSonnenRoll @tobiaswins @Tol
@mesanch86 @DiarrheaPerlmans @Poser Caust @UncleJosh @ALAN PARTRIDGE
@dije1 @Tone505 @TJ Dillashank @Nathan LaMontagne @jx820 @mike1226 @Philadelphia Collins @Jack Fiddler @cmw43 @MRDOG @MeatWagon06 @RoxyBird @Nimrod @armbarforhire @paperclip101 @Thrawn33 @AZZA B @newjerseynick @ICHEERTHEBULL @evergreenrider @HaulParris @Buddy Revell @Luminosity @Kaybee @Wolf Hawkfield @Tone C @fuct. @Revolver @Chad The Limey @KotaroTheWolf @Andrey Kamensky @FinalFight @zuffazombee @heloder @4daLuLZ @XmarkX @JonnyBonesPharmacist @Livingenergy @fingercuffs @J0N0 @M4rk @Canned Tuna @BisexualMMA
@The Diplomat @Dr Stoppage @ZeroGravity @William Huggins @Zero-Zen @Carvaso @Bonos @axe wound @llperez22 @TheSauce @k1ngjester @Badoldman @scorpiorising @bigkick @superking @swarrrm @UberKneeOf209 @Squall Leonhart @Hellowhosthat @Mr. Fixit @deviake @Shroud of turinabol @EJRMAN513 @HTTR21 @SwamiLeoni @lostdog000 @hohner @Mr. Shickadance @hwm52806 @Goon Dog @Omegaboy13 @Washkev @cheesus @eighterumg5 @Ottawaguy @CrimsonFan @Hitmandn @freakroor @Zanderlini @BUDDYLOVETT @chickenluver @Vergilius @bobgeese @WaylonMercy5150 @GergreG @Vegeta @BFoe @BadJuJu707 @TestosterOWN @Spounman @Xuh @eworden78 @ookii @Shael @Ultra O’Dia @DooHoChoi @560ti
@Rvd Slmr @weaselkenievil @Skarr @jericksen5 @houjebek @Fork @Reign Supreme @SilvaLegacy
@Texan6533 @the muntjac @ThereIsNoSpoon @Nightgunner05 @ModernMatt @GrandNewb @struckus @GIBLERTBAPTISTA @DamianK1 @MIKOM @cooks1 @Jballer @The J0ker @Shogun515 @deucesarewild @Plutoburn
@dbo @muvand103 @djacobox372 @TapIt @phightens19 @Adrian Anis @Pork Mahogis @Supasalta3000 @Escabar @ChuckSteak @Farnciskoos @Trainspotter @jan230 @quadrunner @Corona @bufetadanacara @JoeyJoeJoeJr @TheWobbler @FadeLess @VitorReem @Gabicho
@Sushi Fitness @Pankratios @Kraysla @RemyR @fungi @Big Diesel Daddy
@fourtyounce48 @phoenixikki @-sin- @Heavy Hands @Cerberus87 @aunshi189 @ThulsaDooom
@Misanthropist @Captain Sausage @yamahacrasher @Milgrim @Halge @JackWhite @Cuttyrock @National Acrobat @PG29 red0 Jr @m25105 @HeffDoesWant @ThaiSexPills @Wololo
@HaggardSky @Andy Capp @Rawex @BlankaPresident @mangokush @websurfer @MoparOrNoCar
@Ripp0ntare @CZMuayThai11 @Bargey @Fijeeto @Yosuke @Candy Routure @oliviamung @BenderIsGreat @Dee Cups @All In The Game yo @Ali Tanveer @spamking
@JadeOwl @Diet Butcher @HardBoiled @SalvadorAllende @Karl_Hungus @TonOdanK @landon
@ahme4 @Ghost Boner @Two Crows @Destroyer Angel

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." - Gone With The Wind

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain." - Blade Runner

"They may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!" - Braveheart

"They call me Mister Tibbs!" - In the Heat of the Night

“My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates....” - Forrest Gump

good poll bro. You needs "Deservings got nothing to do with it" William Money from the Unforgiven

Which Matrix one do you want in this tournament btw?

How about this one?

"Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure."
First one it's the best by far. Your quote is also cool, says a lot about Agent Smith's philosophy.

The first one, the Gone With the Wind quote, should win it in this round.

OP - please add "Anybody seen Richie!!!!!" from Out For Justice

out-for-justice-steven-seagal.gif

This is going to be some intense deliberation.

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain." That is some deep shit.

Braveheart
Jaws
Gladiator
TWBB
Silence of the Lambs

What's funny is how many of these were improv. Jaws, Blade Runner, Midnight Cowboy...

"rosebud" having 6 votes, less than "as if" is embarrassing. Its one of the most iconic lines in cinematic history and was the key to a twist ending in 1941 well before twists became common in the twighlight zone era.

"rosebud" having 6 votes, less than "as if" is embarrassing. Its one of the most iconic lines in cinematic history and was the key to a twist ending in 1941 well before twists became common in the twighlight zone era.
"Rosebud" is overrated. The film is great don't get me wrong, but the line is extremely overrated. It as good as Superman saying Martha and Batman not killing him anymore bc of it. Plus it doesn't sustain itself, there are some lines here you can use in everyday life, or as a motto and if they were in a book people would say that's good literature.

Last edited:
"Rosebud" is overrated. The film is great don't get me wrong, but the line is extremely overrated. It as good as Superman saying Martha and Batman not killing him anymore bc of it. Plus it doesn't sustain itself, there are some lines here you can use in everyday life, as a motto and if they were in a book people would say that's good literature.
Your certainly entitled to call it overrated, but seriously comparing it to "martha" from batman vs superman? I mean rosebud is the beginning and end to an all time classic film and once the audience realizes what it means in the end, it changes the complexion of the entire film since we now realize that one of the most wealthy and eccentric men that few understood or truly got to know died missing the innocence of his youth. Its not a line that you are going to recite in every day conversation, but when someone says rosebud, its like you are back in that scene in that movie. It sticks.

Your certainly entitled to call it overrated, but seriously comparing it to "martha" from batman vs superman? I mean rosebud is the beginning and end to an all time classic film and once the audience realizes what it means in the end, it changes the complexion of the entire film since we now realize that one of the most wealthy and eccentric men that few understood or truly got to know died missing the innocence of his youth. Its not a line that you are going to recite in every day conversation, but when someone says rosebud, its like you are back in that scene in that movie. It sticks.
It's still cheesy though.
:)

Back