Movies Out of these movie quotes (Tournament) - Which 5 are the best? (First Elimination Bracket)

What's your picks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
***Possible Spoilers In This Thread***

Here we go another tournament, hope you guys like this.

Let's see if we can find out what the greatest movie quote is.

For those who are knew to these tournaments basically there will be a 100 quotes spread out into 5 elimination rounds.

So that's 20 quotes per elimination round. Only 4 quotes from each elimination round will move on to the Semi-Finals.

I used this as reference.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/l...op-867142/frankly-my-dear-i-dont-give-a-damn/

My choices are:

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain." - Blade Runner
"I drink your milkshake!" - There Will Be Blood
"You're gonna need a bigger boat." - Jaws
"Get your stinking paws off me, you damned dirty ape!" - Planet of the Apes
"I ate his liver with some fava beans and a nice Chianti." - The Silence of the Lambs

If you don't want to be tagged, just let me know on here or pm me and I'll remove you.

Please vote, thank you.
@paddan @TheNinja @Doomer @TCE @Piperrr @ASUThermo @Chesten_Hesten @dc007 @ThinkGreen @Axefan4life @xHeadx @pv3Hpv3p @JinKazama @Screwtape @2DUM2TAP @aldeniro78 @Fedorgasm @Starck @Anialater @TheRash @shunyata @Cyrano200 @wigglestick @cowboyjunkie @TrueBias @empsim @raty tat tat @I Am Legion @offshore33 @ripsta619 @Jackie Blue @Solid @THE MARTIAN @Mesos @Swiftie @Digital Fire @Shonuffbrad @Trill850 @rustledjimjams @ironmansnap @SL1200 @wendelbudwhite @dindonker @Korben @Amerikuracana @ThinkGreen @Sleestaxk
@KnightTemplar @Ares Black @Zookeeper Gabe @Proud American @Askren’s chin @Excelsior @bubbleboyjones @Brandon Wilson @marioh @SammyPops @BB in Crazy!!!! @method115 @Virginiatechmic @Simian Raticus @Cherry Brigand @Adamant @Dark One @sanfranpsycho @Lebnof @Ablis89 @FortieSicks @GearSolidMetal @IloveTHIS @Vigorelli @steeldragon @Dr Curtis Love @HUGHPHUG @MilesAbove @Law Talkin’ Guy @moreorless87 @Randlewand @Uncle J @revoltub @dindonker @SKYNET @RoyalTS @CHUTE_BOXE78 @IndyCovaHart @Magooglie @BARNUM @Hanz_Blitz @Satanical Eve @D3THRONED @bosox32 @danny23 @ManCityFC9 @PajamaSnugz
@sleepwalk @Krimzon @MusterX @SuperHoss @Wrath of Foamy @Rob Battisti @Big Tuppy Hole @Ralph Wiggum @lifelessheap @tdluxon @newcastleman @Kryptt @elreece @ssBaldy @Noveltymortar @Streeter @Herwald @LetThemBleed @Dr brakestick @MuayThaiSteve79 @tank666 @jerzey devil @Oeshon @Rizzo @stanlee @BayAreaGuy @mmamxfan @ctm @Spiffy @Morning Star @Mohawk Mauler @Tyrannosaurus rex @Rozko @Senzo Tanaka @Steve-French @Superbad @the ambush @Badger67 @Rygu @Sano @i420KrYpT @EnthusiastCultivator @Heisenboom @Shoden @El Che @ChickenBrother @Shaungotti @genecop @Mikeydontgiva @Papachulu @SheetsMMAfan @Zen.
@Champagne @Natural Order @esotamoc @Plissken @Gomi1977 @MicroBrew @HeLLMuTT @horc00 @Michaelangelo @Talent @Uncommon Valor @AlphaBetaShark @Bobby 3 Sticks
@scorpipede @ineverpost @Grassshoppa @aus101 @97talon @TheJewBear @gentlemanjack @Ezekiel 25:17 @mommysboi420 @Anung Un Rama @Newtieg @mmascene @Patof @Papasmurf45619 @dildos @xMsBarnez @Prutfis @tangata motu'a
@Osiris007 @benebox @Dillydilly @Damien Karras @FIGHTING TALK @SaiWa @Prologue
@Jesus H. Sherdog @qw3rty @Highway99 @Trotsky @GreenGorilla @Krixes @DM1982 @Valhoven @GolovKing @Enrico Palazzo @bowened @Aegon Spengler @90 50 @SiKnSiN @RollSonnenRoll @tobiaswins @Tol
@mesanch86 @DiarrheaPerlmans @Poser Caust @UncleJosh @ALAN PARTRIDGE
@dije1 @Tone505 @TJ Dillashank @Nathan LaMontagne @jx820 @mike1226 @Philadelphia Collins @Jack Fiddler @cmw43 @MRDOG @MeatWagon06 @RoxyBird @Nimrod @armbarforhire @paperclip101 @Thrawn33 @AZZA B @newjerseynick @ICHEERTHEBULL @evergreenrider @HaulParris @Buddy Revell @Luminosity @Kaybee @Wolf Hawkfield @Tone C @fuct. @Revolver @Chad The Limey @KotaroTheWolf @Andrey Kamensky @FinalFight @zuffazombee @heloder @4daLuLZ @XmarkX @JonnyBonesPharmacist @Livingenergy @fingercuffs @J0N0 @M4rk @Canned Tuna @BisexualMMA
@The Diplomat @Dr Stoppage @ZeroGravity @William Huggins @Zero-Zen @Carvaso @Bonos @axe wound @llperez22 @TheSauce @k1ngjester @Badoldman @scorpiorising @bigkick @superking @swarrrm @UberKneeOf209 @Squall Leonhart @Hellowhosthat @Mr. Fixit @deviake @Shroud of turinabol @EJRMAN513 @HTTR21 @SwamiLeoni @lostdog000 @hohner @Mr. Shickadance @hwm52806 @Goon Dog @Omegaboy13 @Washkev @cheesus @eighterumg5 @Ottawaguy @CrimsonFan @Hitmandn @freakroor @Zanderlini @BUDDYLOVETT @chickenluver @Vergilius @bobgeese @WaylonMercy5150 @GergreG @Vegeta @BFoe @BadJuJu707 @TestosterOWN @Spounman @Xuh @eworden78 @ookii @Shael @Ultra O’Dia @DooHoChoi @560ti
@Rvd Slmr @weaselkenievil @Skarr @jericksen5 @houjebek @Fork @Reign Supreme @SilvaLegacy
@Texan6533 @the muntjac @ThereIsNoSpoon @Nightgunner05 @ModernMatt @GrandNewb @struckus @GIBLERTBAPTISTA @DamianK1 @MIKOM @cooks1 @Jballer @The J0ker @Shogun515 @deucesarewild @Plutoburn
@dbo @muvand103 @djacobox372 @TapIt @phightens19 @Adrian Anis @Pork Mahogis @Supasalta3000 @Escabar @ChuckSteak @Farnciskoos @Trainspotter @jan230 @quadrunner @Corona @bufetadanacara @JoeyJoeJoeJr @TheWobbler @FadeLess @VitorReem @Gabicho
@Sushi Fitness @Pankratios @Kraysla @RemyR @fungi @Big Diesel Daddy
@fourtyounce48 @phoenixikki @-sin- @Heavy Hands @Cerberus87 @aunshi189 @ThulsaDooom
@Misanthropist @Captain Sausage @yamahacrasher @Milgrim @Halge @JackWhite @Cuttyrock @National Acrobat @PG29 red0 Jr @m25105 @HeffDoesWant @ThaiSexPills @Wololo
@HaggardSky @Andy Capp @Rawex @BlankaPresident @mangokush @websurfer @MoparOrNoCar
@Ripp0ntare @CZMuayThai11 @Bargey @Fijeeto @Yosuke @Candy Routure @oliviamung @BenderIsGreat @Dee Cups @All In The Game yo @Ali Tanveer @spamking
@JadeOwl @Diet Butcher @HardBoiled @SalvadorAllende @Karl_Hungus @TonOdanK @landon
@ahme4 @Ghost Boner @Two Crows @Destroyer Angel

"Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." - Gone With The Wind

"All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain." - Blade Runner

"They may take our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!" - Braveheart

"They call me Mister Tibbs!" - In the Heat of the Night

“My mama always said life was like a box of chocolates....” - Forrest Gump

Blade runner gets it here IMO

I need a definition. "Best" in what way? Most quotable? Best sounding? Most iconic moment in a film?

I mean, take "Frankly, my dear ..." it isn't really in the same category as "as if!".

Good question, I believe most iconic and best sounding I believe should be the definition for what's the best quote imo.

Casablanca is maybe the most qouted movie ever and I don't think the qoute listed here is in the top 5. I hope more throm this are listed in other polls

Seeing a top 100 movie quote/line list without a single quote from Big Trouble in Little China just blows my mind. Perhaps I'm bias though....

This round:
Spinal Tap
Gone with the Wind
Midnight Cowboy
Star Wars
Planet of the Apes

Of choices here there is "may tbe force be with you" and a very large gap between the other choices. As that quote is likely the most used movie quote in the last 45 years.

Also empire strikes back "I am your father">may the force be with you

"As if" Lol
Now seriously, I picked "They may take away our lives, but they'll never take our freedom!" not only because it stands by itself but also because it's very relevant to the current situation.
Some of my personal favorites:

"SPARTANS! Prepare for battle! For tonight, WE DINE IN HELL!"

King Leonidas: You bring the crowns and heads of conquered kings to my city steps. You insult my queen. You threaten my people with slavery and death! Oh, I've chosen my words carefully, Persian. Perhaps you should have done the same!
Messenger: This is blasphemy! This is madness!
King Leonidas: Madness...? This is Sparta!

“Roads? Where We’re Going, We Don’t Need Roads.”
"We're sending you back to the future!"

Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You’re the one that has to walk through it.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Which Matrix one do you want in this tournament btw?

How about this one?

"Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure."

Back