Movies Out of these horror films - Which are the 4 best? (Fourth Quarter-Finals)

What's your picks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@MXZT

This tournament may be worth not only to determine the #1 horror movie, but also doing individual 1v1 polls to determine a Top 10 horror movie list.

Mayberry has done many horror polls over the years, invariably the two top films are always The Shining and The Exorcist. I would be utterly shocked if this one doesn't end in the same manner.

Mayberry has done many horror polls over the years, invariably the two top films are always The Shining and The Exorcist. I would be utterly shocked if this one doesn't end in the same manner.

Hmmm wouldn't surprise if those are the final two. We will see. : - )

30 Days of Night / The Lost Boys / Evil Dead II / Halloween (1978)

michael-myers-halloween.gif

I actually went to the boardwalk and got to see the movie there. It was cool. It made me appreciate it a little more. I also got to go to the main house from the movie (grandpa's house) and see it in person, at night no less. It was spooky as hell.
Thats great I'm jealous it's one of my favourite movies ever. Can't believe you only score it 6/10 but each to their own! Apparently they weren't given permission to film if they mentined Santa Monica hence made up Santa Carla instead.

Thats great I'm jealous it's one of my favourite movies ever. Can't believe you only score it 6/10 but each to their own! Apparently they weren't given permission to film if they mentined Santa Monica hence made up Santa Carla instead.
Yeah, it just never quite hit me the same as everyone else. But it seems like everyone I know loves it, so I'm the odd man out.

They had to change the name because of the "murder capital of the world" thing. I guess Santa Cruz had been known for that because of some legit murders, and when you see the sign in the movie that says that, the town was like 'either don't show that or change the name of the town'. So they left that in and changed the name of the town.

That's the gist of it basically.

I watched The Lost Boys again last night, this time in 4K. lol, I don't know. I still have the same sort of "meh" towards it. I don't know why it doesn't hit me the same as it seems to hit everyone else. I like it well enough but I don't love it. Though, I do wish it would have gotten a sequel (a true sequel). I'd be interested to see how they'd continue the story. Hopefully not the silly "The Lost Girls" that Schumacher wanted to do. But a true sequel in the sense that Michael and David both return, as David clearly didn't die. And Sam, Edgar, Allen, Star, etc. A true sequel. Would have been interesting had they done it maybe around 1989-1992.
Man, I had already forgotten how violent some of the kills were. Dude gets his fucking scalp ripped off. <{dayum}>

@tank666 @MXZT

Back