Movies Out of these horror films - Which are the 3 best? (First Semi-Finals)

What's your picks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The Thing is my favorite; great combination of suspense and horror. It holds my attention throughout and has a great ending.

The Shining kind of elevated horror with a more artistic take and is a classic haunted place story. Great performances too.

Halloween is the greatest slasher film and really got the genre growing spawning tons of copycats. Michael Myers is an iconic character.

It’s gotten tough to narrow it down now, leaving out classic and influential movies like Alien (maybe too sci-fi), The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Poltergeist, and Psycho doesn’t feel great.
The thing is sci-fi too, but it’s the setting I guess. It doesn’t come across as being too sci-fi. Personally I love sci fi so it actually enhances the film Alien for me.

The thing is sci-fi too, but it’s the setting I guess. It doesn’t come across as being too sci-fi. Personally I love sci fi so it actually enhances the film Alien for me.
Yeah I know. It’s also like my favorite so I’m biased. The Fly is also sci-if and I love that also. But The Thing and The Fly at least take place on Earth lol. Being in outer space is what takes Alien fully into sci-fi territory for me. I could definitely argue that Alien is the best film of them all if I wanted to; it’s that good.

Alien does a good job of making the characters relatable which is something I find doesn’t happen in most sci-fi movies set in outer space.

Halloween
Alien
The Thing

but this was a very tough one. The Fly is a classic and one of the movies that truly scared me in my youth. Psycho is legendary. The Shining is great.

Back