Movies Out of these fight scenes - Which one the best? (The Finals O/T)

What's your pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
First Elimination Bracket
Second Elimination Bracket
Third Elimination Bracket
Fourth Elimination Bracket
Fifth Elimination Bracket
Sixth Elimination Bracket
First Quarter-Finals
Second Quarter-Finals
Third Quarter-Finals
Fourth Quarter-Finals
First Semi-Finals
Second Semi-Finals
The Finals

Down to three, this could be it. It was fun ride again, thank you for participating.

Here's the top 20:

1. The Matrix - (Neo vs. Agent Smith - Subway fight)
2. Rocky IV - (Rocky vs. Drago)
3. Bloodsport - (Frank Dux vs. Chong Li)
4. Star Wars: Episode I – The Phantom Menace - (Qui-Gon Jinn and Obi-Wan Kenobi vs. Darth Maul)
5. Rocky - (Rocky Balboa vs. Apollo Creed)
6. Oldboy - (The Hallway Fight)
7. Braveheart - (Revenge for Wife)
8. The Matrix - (He is the One)
9. The Way of the Dragon - (Bruce Lee vs. Chuck Norris)
10. Enter the Dragon - (Bruce Lee vs. O'Hara)
11. Kill Bill Volume.1 - (The Bride vs. The Crazy 88)
12. Troy - (Hector vs. Achilles)
13. The Matrix - (Morpheus vs. Neo) 
14. The Matrix Reloaded - (Neo vs. Multiple Agent Smiths)
15. Ong Bak - (Fight Club Scene)
16. They Live - (John Nada vs. Frank Armitage)
17. Gladiator - (Maximus vs. Tigris Of Gaul)
18. Bloodsport - (Frank Dux vs Paco)
19. The Raid: Redemption - (Rama vs. The Machete Gang)
20. Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back - (Luke Skywalker vs. Darth Vader)

My pick:

Rocky IV - (Rocky vs. Drago)

Rocky IV - (Rocky vs. Drago)

The Matrix - (Neo vs. Agent Smith - Subway fight)

Bloodsport - (Frank Dux vs. Chong Li)

Last edited:
If you don't want to be tagged just let me know or vice versa thank you.

Please vote.

@paddan @TheNinja @Doomer @TCE @Piperrr @ASUThermo @Chesten_Hesten @dc007
@ThinkGreen @Axefan4life @xHeadx @pv3Hpv3p @JinKazama @Screwtape @2DUM2TAP
@aldeniro78 @Fedorgasm @Starck @Anialater @TheRash @shunyata @Cyrano200 @Dizzy
@wigglestick @cowboyjunkie @empsim @I Am Legion @offshore33 @ripsta619 @Korben
@THE MARTIAN @Mesos @Swiftie @Digital Fire @Shonuffbrad @Trill850 @rustledjimjams
@Iroh @SL1200 @wendelbudwhite @Korben @Sleestaxk @Brom Bones @sanfranpsycho
@Ares Black @Zookeeper Gabe @Excelsior @bubbleboyjones @Brandon Wilson @marioh
@SammyPops @BB in Crazy!!!! @method115 @Virginiatechmic @Simian Raticus @Lebnof
@Ablis89 @FortieSicks @IloveTHIS @Vigorelli @steeldragon @Dr Curtis Love @HUGHPHUG
@MilesAbove @Randlewand @Uncle J @SKYNET @CHUTE_BOXE78 @Tol @ASUThermo
@IndyCovaHart @Magooglie @BARNUM @Satanical Eve @D3THRONED @bosox32 @Kryptt
@ManCityFC9 @sleepwalk @Krimzon @MusterX @SuperHoss @Rob Battisti @tdluxon
@Ralph Wiggum @lifelessheap @newcastleman @elreece @ctm @RayA @VulcanNervPinch
@Streeter @LetThemBleed @Dr brakestick @MuayThaiSteve79 @tank666 @jerzey devil
@Oeshon @Rizzo @stanlee @BayAreaGuy @Spiffy @Morning Star @Rygu @RooseTrollton
@Mohawk Mauler @Tyrannosaurus rex @Rozko @Senzo Tanaka @Steve-French @Superbad
@the ambush @Sano @i420KrYpT @EnthusiastCultivator @Heisenboom @ChickenBrother
@El Che @Shaungotti @genecop @Mikeydontgiva @Papachulu @SheetsMMAfan @horc00
@Champagne @Natural Order @esotamoc @Plissken @Gomi1977 @HeLLMuTT @Talent
@Uncommon Valor @AlphaBetaShark @Bobby 3 Sticks @scorpipede @ineverpost @aus101
@Grassshoppa @97talon @Ezekiel 25:17 @Anung Un Rama @mmascene @MastiffMike
@Papasmurf45619 @dildos @xMsBarnez @Prutfis @Osiris007 @benebox @Dillydilly @SaiWa
@Damien Karras @Prologue @Jesus H. Sherdog @qw3rty @Highway99 @Krixes @90 50
@GolovKing @bowened @Aegon Spengler @SiKnSiN @RollSonnenRoll @tobiaswins @BFoe
@mesanch86 @DiarrheaPerlmans @ALAN PARTRIDGE @Tone505 @TJ Dillashank @jx820
@Nathan LaMontagne @mike1226 @Philadelphia Collins @cmw43 @MRDOG @RoxyBird
@MeatWagon06 @Nimrod @armbarforhire @paperclip101 @ICHEERTHEBULL @west42
@AZZA B @Luminosity @Kaybee @Tone C @Revolver @Chad The Limey @KotaroTheWolf
@Andrey Kamensky @FinalFight @zuffazombee @heloder @4daLuLZ @XmarkX @M4rk

@JonnyBonesPharmacist @J0N0 @BisexualMMA @Dr Stoppage @Bonos @Brutus.......
@ZeroGravity @Carvaso @TheSauce @k1ngjester @Badoldman @bigkick @burningspear
@Squall Leonhart @Hellowhosthat @Mr. Fixit @deviake @Shroud of turinabol @EJRMAN513
@SwamiLeoni @lostdog000 @hohner @Mr. Shickadance @hwm52806 @Goon Dog @TapIt
@cheesus @Omegaboy13 @Washkev @eighterumg5 @CrimsonFan @freakroor @Zanderlini
@BUDDYLOVETT @Vergilius @WaylonMercy5150 @GergreG @Vegeta @TestosterOWN
@Xuh @eworden78 @ookii @Shael @DooHoChoi @weaselkenievil @jericksen5 @Fork
@houjebek @Reign Supreme @SilvaLegacy @Texan6533 @the muntjac @ThereIsNoSpoon
@Nightgunner05 @ModernMatt @struckus @GIBLERTBAPTISTA @DamianK1 @cooks1
@Jballer @The J0ker @Shogun515 @deucesarewild @dbo @TapIt @phightens19 @Zer
@Adrian Anis @Supasalta3000 @Escabar @ChuckSteak @Trainspotter @jan230 @Corona
@bufetadanacara @JoeyJoeJoeJr @TheWobbler @Sushi Fitness @Pankratios @Kraysla
@RemyR @fungi @fourtyounce48 @phoenixikki @-sin- @heavy_hands @Cerberus87 @Kingz
@Misanthropist @Captain Sausage @yamahacrasher @Halge @JackWhite @Cuttyrock
@National Acrobat @PG29 red0 Jr @HeffDoesWant @ThaiSexPills @HaggardSky @Rawex
@BlankaPresident @mangokush @websurfer @Ripp0ntare @CZMuayThai11 @Bargey @Kb7
@Fijeeto @Candy Routure @oliviamung @Ali Tanveer @spamking @Diet Butcher @landon
@HardBoiled @Karl_Hungus @TonOdanK @ahme4 @Ghost Boner @mmamxfan @KoChang
@Two Crows @Striderxdj @milkmandanl @itrainufcbro @jnes @jojoRed @Sticko @Thrawn33
@Preston Jarrett @Fake Doctor @jimjamjammer @FadeLess @TardStrong @MichiganMMA1978
@2fast2see @AbominableJoman @templewarrior @new_mexico1 @Prex32 @BroRogan
@LSXMMA @SilentFate @StonedLemur @hex @liner @Five Fingered Fresh Fist @west42
@ramsiN @Phlogiston @cincymma79 @The Good The Bad The HBK @Codpiece @-Magua-
@Bia @GirthBrooks @johnnystone @Speedy1 @Vapezilla @Oregonmma @Viking_Hammer
@FyrFytr998 @the gorilla @Rastas @Motleysubs @MLarson @Hollywood Jack @Pliny Pete
@biscuitsbrah @stalehotdog @Cold cash rip @Heavy Hands @Batjester @revoltub @Otto!
@TheMaster @TheTickG @Ima5starman @boingyman @Pizza Werewolf @Sirwastealot
@Sunnyvale TP @Beau Wring @Blue_Ribbon @UncleJosh @Lovestorm @HARRISON_3
@fingercuffs @Michaelangelo @KowboyMMA @LilMountain @Misfit23

My only thoughts on this entire experiment is often people vote for the film, not the scene. From a technical standpoint The Raid Redemption fights are far superior than most of the films above it in the final standings, in terms of difficulty, and "eye test" factor. There is no part of Morpheus vs. Neo that is a better fight scene than Rama vs. The Machete Gang.

I'm surprised we didn't get The Raid 2's fight "The Prison Riot", its one of the best fight scenes ever filmed.

My only thoughts on this entire experiment is often people vote for the film, not the scene. From a technical standpoint The Raid Redemption fights are far superior than most of the films above it in the final standings, in terms of difficulty, and "eye test" factor. There is no part of Morpheus vs. Neo that is a better fight scene than Rama vs. The Machete Gang.

I'm surprised we didn't get The Raid 2's fight "The Prison Riot", its one of the best fight scenes ever filmed.

You have a great point. As for that I didn't know that fight scene existed, until you posted it. lol

You have a great point. As for that I didn't know that fight scene existed, until you posted it. lol

The level of difficulty on a fight that large and that violent is absurd. I wouldn't even want to guess the number of deep contusions, sprains, and other injuries that might have occurred during its filming.

To be fair I spose the vote was never presented soley as a judgement of the technical merit of the fight scene but rather how much you liked it. As you say though the film as a whole does become a factor in that with the fight scene as a payoff for the built up drama.

The stuff which did well being overtly about the "fights" though does undercut that a bit, I think something like Deckard vs Batty for example could make a good case for being one of the best bits of cinema ever filmed even if theres little in the way of technical fighting in it.

As far as these fight scenes go I think The Matrix is clearly the best, the best film overall, the best drama built up and also a very technically strong fight scene even if its perhaps not right up there with the very best asian stuff. Bloodsport really I'v never felt was a very good film and the fight scene like those across the film is not even that well done technically, has a certainy cheesey appeal but not much more for me. Rocky 4 does I think have better drama even if its rather cheesy and it does have a very good soundtrack for the fight which is I suspect more what people remember that the fight itself, really the fight ends up more as another montage in a film full of great ones.

To be fair I spose the vote was never presented soley as a judgement of the technical merit of the fight scene but rather how much you liked it. As you say though the film as a whole does become a factor in that with the fight scene as a payoff for the built up drama.

The stuff which did well being overtly about the "fights" though does undercut that a bit, I think something like Deckard vs Batty for example could make a good case for being one of the best bits of cinema ever filmed even if theres little in the way of technical fighting in it.

As far as these fight scenes go I think The Matrix is clearly the best, the best film overall, the best drama built up and also a very technically strong fight scene even if its perhaps not right up there with the very best asian stuff. Bloodsport really I'v never felt was a very good film and the fight scene like those across the film is not even that well done technically, has a certainy cheesey appeal but not much more for me. Rocky 4 does I think have better drama even if its rather cheesy and it does have a very good soundtrack for the fight which is I suspect more what people remember that the fight itself, really the fight ends up more as another montage in a film full of great ones.

Well said my friend.

As far as these fight scenes go I think The Matrix is clearly the best, the best film overall, the best drama built up and also a very technically strong fight scene even if its perhaps not right up there with the very best asian stuff. Bloodsport really I'v never felt was a very good film and the fight scene like those across the film is not even that well done technically, Rocky 4 does I think have better drama even if its rather cheesy and it does have a very good soundtrack for the fight which is I suspect more what people remember that the fight itself, really the fight ends up more as another montage in a film full of great ones.

Yes, there are other factors beyond the technical difficulty of a fight scene, such as cinematography, the impact of the story arc, etc. I've never seen a fight scene with more impact to more people with a sustained longevity than Rocky vs. Apollo and/or Drago. From a technical stand point they are not a good representation of boxing but the impact and emotion sustain the scenes as all time greats. Who doesn't know the line, "Adrian!"

Yes, there are other factors beyond the technical difficulty of a fight scene, such as cinematography, the impact of the story arc, etc. I've never seen a fight scene with more impact to more people with a sustained longevity than Rocky vs. Apollo and/or Drago. From a technical stand point they are not a good representation of boxing but the impact and emotion sustain the scenes as all time greats. Who doesn't know the line, "Adrian!"

Very true.

Rocky 4 was USA vs Russia at the height of the cold war

The Matrix - (Neo vs. Agent Smith - Subway fight) 

CWyZQT.gif

What this tells me is sherdog needs to watch more non-Hollywood films, especially out of Asia.

I am surprised that on a MMA forum, a fight scene incorporating MMA elements didn't even get on the list.

Back