• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Out of these albums - Which are the 5 best? (Thirteenth Elimination Bracket)

What's your picks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Use Your Illusion I and II also had some really good songs on it. Definitely.
Oh for sure I love Nov Rain, Locomotive, u could be mine, don't cry, civil war, estranged and coma to name a few. But other songs on there were just a bit boring and would have been better as B sides. Just my opinion.

Whereas Appetite is one of those rare albums where every song is a killer.

This bracket is bullshit. This should be a next round or possibly later bracket. I’m going to have to think some more

Nwa
Alanis
Weezer (this album was just great)
Roses
Jimmy

<BlackPinkStab> Jagged little pill - Not a single bad track on that album.
<2> hootie getting crushed.

To be fair, this bracket is lined up with a lot of killer albums. I did choose Hootie, I think it's a wonderful album with great powerful songs to sing to.

Yeah it’s such a great album! And this is another really really really tough lineup. I’m also shocked at how poorly Jay-z’s blue album is doing. That’s a freaken great album!

Well there is only limited amount of votes you have. So you're bound to leave out great albums. It's the nature of the beast.

The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Electric Ladyland
Guns N' Roses - Appetite for Destruction
Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Californication
Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV

Bowie's Hunky Dory and Wonder's Talking Book were tough cuts along with the Byrds' Mr. Tambourine Man. Super stacked poll. I also almost listened to Talking Book before coming here, but I ended up listening to his Fulfillingness' First Finale album instead. In hindsight, perhaps that was a mistake, but no worries, I'll listen to it later...

l@nd0

Oh for sure I love Nov Rain, Locomotive, u could be mine, don't cry, civil war, estranged and coma to name a few. But other songs on there were just a bit boring and would have been better as B sides. Just my opinion.
As I recall, I think Estranged and November Rain too were written by Axl Rose when he was dating Stephanie Seymour, the v attractive model, and things were going badly in that relationship and that affected his song writing.

I was a major GnR fan back in the early 1990s. Went to see them live in St.Petersburg, Florida, in a football or baseball stadium a few days before Christmas 1991.
I had just left Washington DC a few days earlier where I was invited to and attended Ted Kennedy's private Christmas party in the US Capitol.
- Some political connections I had at that time.
I didn't even know whose party I was headed to ....until my friends said : "Oh....this is Ted Kennedy's party.....he has one every year and usually he dresses up in some costume (he came as Milli Vanilli the previous year) , but this year due to his nephew William Kennedy Smith's rape trial he's not going to dress up this time as he feels it's not really appropriate".

and ...there he was....Ted Kennedy about 4 ft away at the party. No security that I remember at that time. Quite surprising in retrospect.

This was a tough round. Had to leave off Dark Side of the fucking Moon.

Cracked Rear View was a huge album when it dropped. Not just because of MTV power rotation either. Glad to see Darius continuing his career in another genre.

Back