• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Out of these albums - Which are the 4 best? (First Semi-Finals)

What's your picks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow Thriller and Appetite for Destruction are tied now. Great race this Semi-Finals.

I'm surprised Pearl Jam Ten is not getting as much votes. That album is a masterpiece/perfection. Not one bad song.

I'm surprised Pearl Jam Ten is not getting as much votes. That album is a masterpiece/perfection. Not one bad song.

It's a great album but I'd say it's actually overachieving. You're down to what the top 30 albums of all time? It's ahead of Zeppelin, Zeppelin II and tied with the White Album. To most people that would be somewhat ridiculous.

It's a great album but I'd say it's actually overachieving. You're down to what the top 30 albums of all time? It's ahead of Zeppelin, Zeppelin II and tied with the White Album. To most people that would be somewhat ridiculous.

I don't think it's overachieving it's probably the second best album of the 90s after Nevermind. And I believe it's a top 10 of all-time album. I think it's masterpiece. Again not one bad song.

I don't think it's overachieving it's probably the second best album of the 90s after Nevermind. And I believe it's a top 10 of all-time album. I think it's masterpiece. Again not one bad song.

I have no doubt you believe that but that doesn't change reality. There are very few lists that at least attempt to be objective which have Ten in the top 10 all time.

Being surprised that it's only ahead of Zeppelin and the Beatles is pretty humorous, no offense.

I have no doubt you believe that but that doesn't change reality. There are very few lists that at least attempt to be objective which have Ten in the top 10 all time.

Being surprised that it's only ahead of Zeppelin and the Beatles is pretty humorous, no offense.

I'm being objective as possible. Although, I know it's my personal opinion. But that album Ten is a masterpiece. Every song is almost all great, maybe just a few that are just good songs.

And I'm not even a huge Pearl Jam fan. I just think that album is closest thing to perfection.

Anyways, it's just my opinion. lol

I'm being objective as possible. Although, I know it's my personal opinion. But that album Ten is a masterpiece. Every song is almost all great, maybe just a few that are just good songs.

And I'm not even a huge Pearl Jam fan. I just think that album is closest thing to perfection.

Anyways, it's just my opinion. lol

I don't know what to tell you but in my opinion there are quite a few albums that are closer to perfection than Ten.

Also, at one point this was the largest poll conducted on the greatest albums ever. It's been a while and I have no idea if something more comprehensive has been done since but it's a pretty good indication of where Ten is typically ranked.

https://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/virgin_1000_v3.htm

It seems a bit strange to be surprised that it isn't close to winning this poll.

I don't know what to tell you but in my opinion there are quite a few albums that are closer to perfection than Ten.

Also, at one point this was the largest poll conducted on the greatest albums ever. It's been a while and I have no idea if something more comprehensive has been done since but it's a pretty good indication of where Ten is typically ranked.

https://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/virgin_1000_v3.htm

It seems a bit strange to be surprised that it isn't close to winning this poll.

I don't know about that list. I mean U2 Unforgettable Fire is ranked is 15? And I'm massive U2 fan and I think that's messed up. It's a great album, but nothing close to masterpiece like Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby.

And it's nothing strange about it. It's just my opinion, I think you over analyzing my thoughts. Just enjoy the tourney. lol

I don't know about that list. I mean U2 Unforgettable Fire is ranked is 15? And I'm massive U2 fan and I think that's messed up. It's a great album, but nothing close to masterpiece like Joshua Tree or Achtung Baby.

And it's nothing strange about it. It's just my opinion, I think you over analyzing my thoughts. Just enjoy the tourney. lol

I know it's your opinion but you're doing the exact same thing and failing to realize it lol. You're surprised that it's not higher than the top 15 or 20 of this poll even though most polls have it in the 50-100 range. On top of that, you're criticizing the opinions of 200,000 people lol.

Whether or not you think it's top 10 shouldn't really alter your expectation of where it's ranked in polls. Just enjoy the poll results ;)

I know it's your opinion but you're doing the exact same thing and failing to realize it lol. You're surprised that it's not higher than the top 15 or 20 of this poll even though most polls have it in the 50-100 range. On top of that, you're criticizing the opinions of 200,000 people lol.

Whether or not you think it's top 10 shouldn't really alter your expectation of where it's ranked in polls. Just enjoy the poll results ;)

I'm not trying to criticize anyone. If they are, it's not by design or by purpose. It's just an opinion I want to get out of my mind and post it on here about the album Ten.

Of all people I know how the process works in these tournaments. So it doesn't bother me that Ten is not getting enough votes. I just thought Ten should get more votes. Just like I wish Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby were in the semi-finals.

Whatever happens in this tourney and whoever wins deserves it no matter what. I'm not going to deny where everyone is ranked by the end of it all. Because that's the nature of the beast of this tournament. You just have to respect it.

Well anyways, I'm going to start making the other Semi-Final bracket soon. It's mad stacked, so have fun voting. Take care. : - )

I'm not trying to criticize anyone. If they are, it's not by design or by purpose. It's just an opinion I want to get out of my mind and post it on here about the album Ten.

Of all people I know how the process works in these tournaments. So it doesn't bother me that Ten is not getting enough votes. I just thought Ten should get more votes. Just like I wish Joshua Tree and Achtung Baby were in the semi-finals.

Whatever happens in this tourney and whoever wins deserves it no matter what. I'm not going to deny where everyone is ranked by the end of it all. Because that's the nature of the beast of this tournament. You just have to respect it.

Well anyways, I'm going to start making the other Semi-Final bracket soon. It's mad stacked, so have fun voting. Take care. : - )

Bingo, that's why there's no point in being surprised by anything. The demographics and votes will speak for themselves. Enjoy making the rest of the tourney bud. Take care as well.

Bingo, that's why there's no point in being surprised by anything. The demographics and votes will speak for themselves. Enjoy making the rest of the tourney bud. Take care as well.

Btw that list ranking of albums you showed to me. Is awesome actually. Just didn't think Unforgettable Fire should be that high that's all. Sorry If I responded like a prick earlier. Have a good one.

Btw that list ranking of albums you showed to me. Is awesome actually. Just didn't think Unforgettable Fire should be that high that's all. Sorry If I responded like a prick earlier. Have a good one.

Oh no worries bud, it's all good. I'm glad that list is interesting/helpful. It's been a while but I'm sure there were a few things on there that I wasn't expecting either.

Pink Floyd - The Wall
Michael Jackson - Thriller
Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
Led Zeppelin II

Listened to the Black Album earlier today but didn't vote for it. It also seems a bit strange that there are TWO LZ albums in this poll, but perhaps it couldn't be avoided.

lol now you know how hard it is for me. : - )

Oh no doubt! I am a huge fan of so much music as I'm sure many are. I'm just happy I'm not a niche fanatic and can listen to just about anything!

Music is Life!

:meow:

Edit: Also as a note these polls have inspired many a days music for me lately. Been grabbing a few a day and letting them roll as I drive.

<RomeroSalute>

OK Computer, The Wall, Ride The Lightning, Rumours

Back