Movies Out of these actors (Tournament) - Who's the 6 best? (First Semi-Finals)

Who's your picks?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Takes_Two_To_Tango

Formally known as MXZT
Platinum Member
Reaction score
First Elimination Bracket
Second Elimination Bracket
Third Elimination Bracket
Fourth Elimination Bracket
Fifth Elimination Bracket
Sixth Elimination Bracket
Seventh Elimination Bracket
Eighth Elimination Bracket
Ninth Elimination Bracket
Tenth Elimination Bracket

So here we are in the Semi-Finals. It should be a lot tougher to choose. However, your allowed to have 6 choices, good luck.

My choices are:

Robert De Niro
Anthony Hopkins
Gary Oldman
Robin Williams
Heath Ledger
Tom Hanks

If you don't want to be tagged, just let me know or pm me and I'll remove you.

Please vote, thank you.

@paddan @TheNinja @Doomer @TCE @Piperrr @ASUThermo @Chesten_Hesten @dc007 @ThinkGreen @Axefan4life @xHeadx @pv3Hpv3p @JinKazama @Screwtape @2DUM2TAP @aldeniro78 @Fedorgasm @Starck @Anialater @TheRash @shunyata @Cyrano200 @wigglestick @cowboyjunkie @TrueBias @empsim @raty tat tat @I Am Legion @offshore33 @ripsta619 @Jackie Blue @Solid @THE MARTIAN @Mesos @Swiftie @Digital Fire @Shonuffbrad @Trill850 @rustledjimjams @ironmansnap @SL1200 @wendelbudwhite @dindonker @Korben @Amerikuracana @ThinkGreen @Sleestaxk
@KnightTemplar @Ares Black @Zookeeper Gabe @Proud American @Askren’s chin @Excelsior @bubbleboyjones @Brandon Wilson @marioh @SammyPops @BB in Crazy!!!! @method115 @Virginiatechmic @Simian Raticus @Cherry Brigand @Adamant @Dark One @sanfranpsycho @Lebnof @Ablis89 @FortieSicks @GearSolidMetal @IloveTHIS @Vigorelli @steeldragon @Dr Curtis Love @HUGHPHUG @MilesAbove @Law Talkin’ Guy @moreorless87 @Randlewand @Uncle J @revoltub @Drain Bamage @dindonker @SKYNET @RoyalTS @CHUTE_BOXE78 @IndyCovaHart @Magooglie @BARNUM @Hanz_Blitz @Satanical Eve @D3THRONED @bosox32 @danny23 @ManCityFC9 @PajamaSnugz
@sleepwalk @Krimzon @MusterX @SuperHoss @Wrath of Foamy @Rob Battisti @Big Tuppy Hole @Ralph Wiggum @lifelessheap @tdluxon @newcastleman @Kryptt @elreece @ssBaldy @Noveltymortar @Streeter @Herwald @LetThemBleed @Dr brakestick @MuayThaiSteve79 @tank666 @jerzey devil @Oeshon @Rizzo @stanlee @BayAreaGuy @mmamxfan @ctm @Spiffy @Morning Star @Mohawk Mauler @Tyrannosaurus rex @Rozko @Senzo Tanaka @Steve-French @Superbad @the ambush @Badger67 @Rygu @Sano @i420KrYpT @EnthusiastCultivator @Heisenboom @Shoden @El Che @ChickenBrother @Shaungotti @genecop @Mikeydontgiva @Papachulu @SheetsMMAfan @Zen.
@Champagne @Natural Order @esotamoc @Plissken @Gomi1977 @MicroBrew @HeLLMuTT @horc00 @Michaelangelo @Talent @Uncommon Valor @AlphaBetaShark @Bobby 3 Sticks
@scorpipede @ineverpost @Grassshoppa @aus101 @97talon @TheJewBear @gentlemanjack @Ezekiel 25:17 @mommysboi420 @Anung Un Rama @Newtieg @mmascene @Patof @Papasmurf45619 @dildos @xMsBarnez @Prutfis @tangata motu'a
@Osiris007 @benebox @Dillydilly @Damien Karras @FIGHTING TALK @SaiWa @Prologue
@Jesus H. Sherdog @qw3rty @Highway99 @Trotsky @GreenGorilla @Krixes @DM1982 @Valhoven @GolovKing @Enrico Palazzo @bowened @Aegon Spengler @90 50 @SiKnSiN @RollSonnenRoll @tobiaswins @Tol
@mesanch86 @DiarrheaPerlmans @Poser Caust @UncleJosh @ALAN PARTRIDGE
@dije1 @Tone505 @TJ Dillashank @Nathan LaMontagne @jx820 @mike1226 @Philadelphia Collins @Jack Fiddler @cmw43 @MRDOG @MeatWagon06 @RoxyBird @Nimrod @armbarforhire @paperclip101 @Thrawn33 @AZZA B @newjerseynick @ICHEERTHEBULL @evergreenrider @HaulParris @Buddy Revell @Luminosity @Kaybee @Wolf Hawkfield @Tone C @fuct. @Revolver @Chad The Limey @KotaroTheWolf @Andrey Kamensky @FinalFight @zuffazombee @heloder @4daLuLZ @XmarkX @JonnyBonesPharmacist @Livingenergy @fingercuffs @J0N0 @M4rk @Canned Tuna @BisexualMMA
@The Diplomat @Dr Stoppage @ZeroGravity @William Huggins @Zero-Zen @Carvaso @Bonos @axe wound @llperez22 @TheSauce @k1ngjester @Badoldman @scorpiorising @bigkick @superking @swarrrm @UberKneeOf209 @Squall Leonhart @Hellowhosthat @Mr. Fixit @deviake @Shroud of turinabol @EJRMAN513 @HTTR21 @SwamiLeoni @lostdog000 @hohner @Mr. Shickadance @hwm52806 @Goon Dog @Omegaboy13 @Washkev @cheesus @eighterumg5 @Ottawaguy @CrimsonFan @Hitmandn @freakroor @Zanderlini @BUDDYLOVETT @chickenluver @Vergilius @bobgeese @WaylonMercy5150 @GergreG @Vegeta @BFoe @BadJuJu707 @TestosterOWN @Spounman @Xuh @eworden78 @ookii @Shael @Ultra O’Dia @DooHoChoi @560ti
@Rvd Slmr @weaselkenievil @Skarr @jericksen5 @houjebek @Fork @Reign Supreme @SilvaLegacy
@Texan6533 @the muntjac @ThereIsNoSpoon @Nightgunner05 @ModernMatt @GrandNewb @struckus @GIBLERTBAPTISTA @DamianK1 @MIKOM @cooks1 @Jballer @The J0ker @Shogun515 @deucesarewild @Plutoburn
@dbo @muvand103 @djacobox372 @TapIt @phightens19 @Adrian Anis @Pork Mahogis @Supasalta3000 @Escabar @ChuckSteak @Farnciskoos @Trainspotter @jan230 @quadrunner @Corona @bufetadanacara @JoeyJoeJoeJr @TheWobbler @FadeLess @VitorReem @Gabicho
@Sushi Fitness @Pankratios @Kraysla @RemyR @Mr. Shickadance @fungi @Big Diesel Daddy
@fourtyounce48 @phoenixikki

Last edited:
Leo
Tom Hanks
Anthony Hopkins
Gary Oldham
Robin Williams
Jeff Bridges
Just cuz, reasons. For instance, DiCaprio's role that sticks with me most is What's Eating Gilbert Grape?

Man, making cuts for this one was ridiculous. The only three that were must haves for me were Hanks, Hopkins, and Oldman. The rest were pretty even for me.

Tough choices here

I went Deniro, Oldman, Bale, Hopkins, Williams, Spacey. I hated leaving out Norton and Bridges

I implore those of you voting to consider range as very important.

There are tons of actors that essentially play themselves in every movie, and because we like who they are, and we find then entertaining, we think they're great actors. In reality, they're great personalities. Great entertainers. But actors need to be able to play roles very different from their own self.

Do both American and British accents, as well as regional accents. Play good guys and bad guys. Play strong characters and weak ones. Play quirky, eccentrics, etc.

That being said, I'm super pissed that F. Murray Abraham didn't make it out of the first round. This is my message to all those that didn't vote for him.

144f3528f423dc88141ed10acc858e96a1-17-louie.jpg

Dang this was tough and I realized I left Hanks off my list at first!

But rethought and ended with:
De Niro
Norton
DiCaprio
Hopkins
Hanks
Oldman

I'm really sad to leave Bale off the list as I think he's awesome and versatile.

It was like splitting hairs but some people like Denzel, Walken, and Samuel L Jackson get left off b/c they tend to play a version of themselves in all their roles and not as much range.

Tough one. I tried to go with who I think have had the best performances, as well as who has the most range.

Leonardo Dicaprio: Simply put, while he does tend to play similar characters in his later work, his entire body of work speaks for it self. Add to that, he has had a few performances that were simply phenomenal. Basketball Diaries, Who is Eating Gilbert Grape, Shutter Island, The Departed and Revolutionary Road stands out for me, but his portfolio is consistently great. The scene in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood alone makes him a candidate.

Tom Hanks: Great actor. Might not be my personal favourite, but from Forrest Gump, to Castaway to Saving Private Ryan, to Philadelphia, he's had some great roles. However, the scene in Captain Philips is what puts it over the top for me. If you haven't seen it, watch it. It's incredibly realistic. Otherwise I would have went with Spacey. Thinking about it Norton could also have been here, I think I prefer his roles.

Anthony Hopkins: Not much needs to be said here. Elephant Man, his role as Hannibal, he's simply an all time great. His new movie The Father is HIGHLY worth watching as it might be the best performance of his career.

Matthew McConaughey: Underrated in his ability by some. True Detective and Dallas Buyers Club shows what he can really do, but the scene in Interstellar where he watches the tape is heart wrenching and visceral.

Christian Bale: Might be the most versatile of the bunch. The Machinist, American Psycho, The Big Short, Batman, The Fighter, American Hustle, Vice. Not only is this guy one of the best actors on the list, he's a legitimate chameleon.

Robin Williams: Gotta give the last one to him. I know Oldman would perhaps have been a more popular candidate, and I like Oldman especially his performance in Leon, however I feel he's a little overrated. Not that he isn't good or even great. Robin howeer had a special ability to go from comedy to drama convincingly that few actors ever will.

Back