Out of the 25 minutes, for how many were Gus and Jones winning, respectively?

CannonsHeel

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Here's my estimate, feel free to add yours

Gustafsson: 23 minutes (He lit Jones up on the feet and stuffed his TDs all night long)

Jones: 2 minutes (He rocked Gus late 4th round and got a quick TD in the 5th but did nothing with it)

The tears from Jones haters are providing me with endless enjoyment. Keep it coming TS.

That's not how you score fights.

Next.

No no, I get it, according to the MMA "rules", Jones probably won. He was plodding after Gus all night and got stuffed many times when he was getting beat up by Gus' boxing.

I'm just wondering, for those of us in the real world who don't care about how these stupid rules gave Jones the fight on paper when he clearly lost, how many minutes in this fight was the supposed winner actually winning? Two? Three?

No no, I get it, according to the MMA "rules", Jones probably won. He was plodding after Gus all night and got stuffed many times when he was getting beat up by Gus' boxing.

I'm just wondering, for those of us in the real world who don't care about how these stupid rules gave Jones the fight on paper when he clearly lost, how many minutes in this fight was the supposed winner actually winning? Two? Three?
Your definition of winning is so "point based" anyways though and that's the only place Gus was winning. Jones wasn't being closed to being finished in the fight. The only fighter that was looking like they might get finished was Gus.

And even then, even though I think Gus won round 1 and 3, I don't think he won them for all 5 minutes. Round 1 I think was clearly Gus, simply by neutralizing Jones and working his gameplan but not actually inflicting much damage beyond a cut caused by a grazing glove. Round 3 was a Gus win but it was a close win and he didn't really do all that much to stand out besides doing enough to counteract the hard shots Jones was able to land.

So what do you think about Gus getting saved by the bell in the 4th?

You sound uneducated and pretty immature. Start off on something small like a Pokemon board or Blues Clues or something, work your way up to the big boy stuff.

First off, let me say that I think Jones won three rounds (2,4,5). I'd have to go back and watch the fight to really break down each minute, but as most people have already said, Jones was losing the forth until the last minute or so. With this in mind, I think a fair estimate would probably be 14-11 Gus. But at the end of the day, rounds are counted, and minutes are forgotten. It was a close fight, but Jones won IMO

Exactly, Gus was winning 23 of 25 minutes. Jones had that elbow in the 4th but Gus dominated the whole round before that.

Gus was pretty much winning over 3/4th's of the fight

Won the first 3 and was handily winning the 4th until the end

lol@49-46, seems legit

Your definition of winning is so "point based" anyways though and that's the only place Gus was winning. Jones wasn't being closed to being finished in the fight. The only fighter that was looking like they might get finished was Gus.

And even then, even though I think Gus won round 1 and 3, I don't think he won them for all 5 minutes. Round 1 I think was clearly Gus, simply by neutralizing Jones and working his gameplan but not actually inflicting much damage beyond a cut caused by a grazing glove. Round 3 was a Gus win but it was a close win and he didn't really do all that much to stand out besides doing enough to counteract the hard shots Jones was able to land.

Oh really? Was Gus even dropped? No. Could Jones' amazing wrestling even take down a rocked Gus? No. Did Gus come back the next round and continue to light Jones up on the feet? Yes.

In what world was Gus close to being finished?

Okay, I see, you think Jones won because he landed what appeared to be harder shots. No knock downs to confirm this or many wobbly periods to confirm this, which is a shame.

And I guess we have some questionable fixed-up stats now so hey, maybe Jones did win despite getting lit the fuck up on the feet all night, with a few periods of Jones landing some [joeroganvoice] "OHHH!!" [/joeroganvoice] power shots from Jones.

That's not how fights are score man. I had Gus up 3-0 after 3 with Jones wining last 2. But can easily see Jones wining 3-2. Good fight, good scores. Except for last judge who apparently was hammered or busy tweeting.

Exactly, Gus was winning 23 of 25 minutes. Jones had that elbow in the 4th but Gus dominated the whole round before that.

I think its more like Gus winning 17-19 minutes( first three rounds plus little over half the fourth however losing the fourth round due to the end minute or so by jones being more significant in that round)
But as previously stated its not how you score fights.

Oh really? Was Gus even dropped? No. Could Jones' amazing wrestling even take down a rocked Gus? No. Did Gus come back the next round and continue to light Jones up on the feet? Yes.

In what world was Gus close to being finished?

Okay, I see, you think Jones won because he landed what appeared to be harder shots. No knock downs to confirm this or many wobbly periods to confirm this, which is a shame.

And I guess we have some questionable fixed-up stats now so hey, maybe Jones did win despite getting lit the fuck up on the feet all night, with a few periods of Jones landing some [joeroganvoice] "OHHH!!" [/joeroganvoice] power shots from Jones.
When Gus folds, starts retreating, starts defending worse than he had been the entire fight it's obvious that he was hurt.

I'm still waiting for any moment where Jones looked like he was in trouble of being finished.

How many minutes was Chael winning in his first fight vs Silva?

Scoring isn't time based, so quit grasping for straws. If that was the case, landing 100 punches for only 1 minute a round would mean less than the other guy landing 1 strike/min the other 4...

Holy hell Sherdog is getting ridiculous.

I think Gus won most of the fights......but Jon won the critical parts....he stole rounds 4 and 5 by doing more damage.

Here's my estimate, feel free to add yours

Gustafsson: 23 minutes (He lit Jones up on the feet and stuffed his TDs all night long)

Jones: 2 minutes (He rocked Gus late 4th round and got a quick TD in the 5th but did nothing with it)

give credit where credit is due, jones destroyed Gus and there wasn't a question about it

Like I said. I had Gus up 3-0 after 3 with jones winning last 2. But you could have easily given jones the 2nd I believe... Also depending on how you judge, Gus was winning 4th till hurt, but never went down.. I scored that for Jones, but I can see how you can argue Gus, although I don't agree. 3 rounds to 2 for either guy is a good score card imo. The last judge was an idiot or as I mentioned earlier, drunk or teeeting dick pics during fight

Back