Out of the 25 minutes, for how many were Gus and Jones winning, respectively?

give credit where credit is due, jones destroyed Gus and there wasn't a question about it

Dude that's just stupid. He didn't destroy anyone. He won yes, but I don't think anyone would have argued had Gus won 3-2. It was a good close scrap.

Look, I get it. When the Steelers beat the Seahawks to win their first Super Bowl since the 70's...I was happy...but even so, the next day, I told my fellow fans we got lucky. I get the Jon Jones denial...it helps you sleep at night...you're cool, some over the counter sleep aids will help you sleep...but your boy lost...he should be awarded an immediate rematch as we speak...instead he gets to walk on crutches for a few weeks and pretend to be champ...while Gatorade rehydrates him...and the UFC. No coincidence...nothing to see, move along my fellow cattle. Bill Hicks and Jello Biafra are laughing at your compliance...

1-3 was all Alex. He schooled him in those. Better striking, better wrestling, landed the big shots...

4 was Alex until Jon landed the big elbow.

In 5 both were dead but mostly it was Jon's initiative. For the sake of being fair I'm giving those to Jon.

18 minutes Alex won pretty clearly.

48-47 Jones. Close but clear. 49-46 would have been acceptable too.

If you want to make that argument...

Out of 25 minutes, who looked most likely to win the fight at the end?

Thanks, I don't have to say it.

If you want to make that argument...

Out of 25 minutes, who looked most likely to win the fight at the end?

Thanks, I don't have to say it.

idk...you think the guy that could barely walk as he was leaving the cage was going to win if that fight had continued until the last man standing? really?

give credit where credit is due, jones destroyed Gus and there wasn't a question about it

images

Not all minutes are created equally. More can happen in ten seconds than a few minutes.

Or how about the guy in the middle of the 5th round that doubled over and looked like he was about to collapse?

Out of these 25 minutes, who was in danger of being stopped and was saved by the bell?

idk...you think the guy that could barely walk as he was leaving the cage was going to win if that fight had continued until the last man standing? really?

Yes, I think adrenaline does that for you. As evidenced be the fact that it did. Jones was spent after the fight, Gus was spent during the fight.

Knock knock... brain working?

The guy that needed extra attention to his cuts? Who was that?

If you put any credence to cuts in MMA, you're watching the wrong sport. Anyone can be cut by anything at any time. Welcome to gloves and grazing blows. You're more likely to get cut by something that glances than something that hits you straight on... and that's where your argument is headed?

There's plenty of other things to point out about Jones... swollen eyes, swollen lips. But cuts? Not a good choice.

No no, I get it, according to the MMA "rules", Jones probably won. He was plodding after Gus all night and got stuffed many times when he was getting beat up by Gus' boxing.

I'm just wondering, for those of us in the real world who don't care about how these stupid rules gave Jones the fight on paper when he clearly lost, how many minutes in this fight was the supposed winner actually winning? Two? Three?

lol. In the "real world" I'm pretty sure that the guy who takes the most damage loses the fight. Gus was defeated by the end, Jones had Gus nearly finished in the 4th, Gus could barely stand. Jones was the clear victor, both by the point system, and any other score system..... except maybe the OP's rules, where apparently landing less effective shots, and stuffing some td's = win.

I has it 48-47 Gus. No way 49-46 Jones. That's stupid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back