Ouch! (Challenge)

makaio

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I was in the Navy and I used to go to this PT for people going to Special Programs (BUD/s, Diver, EOD, etc...) We regularly PT'd with a SEAL (Senior Chief Macintyre (spelling?)).. He was a cardio/PT maniac... Anyway, the hardest PT I ever had was when this crazy little Diver Chief fuk'n smoked our ass. We must have done 1000 chest exersizes before he had us bear-crawling around the track... Back to another superset of chest and then back on the track... For those of us that couldnt move via the bearcrawl anymore, we were allowed to line up on the opposite side of the track from the bearcrawlers.

"OKAY fellas (evil looking smile on his face) , bend over and loop your pointer finger through your shoelace (the one closest to your toe, left hand-left foot/right hand-right foot). All you gotta do is walk around the track.."

I should have known that it was gonna be worse than the bearcrawls... DUMMY..

Im 6'1" with long legs proportional to my torso. Im good at running/swimming but suck at stuff like squats...

It might not be bad for shorter guys or people with strong/powerful legs.

Its super easy at first but all of the sudden your body locks up and doesnt want to move. Just try to make it around the track.
Give it a shot and tell me what you think.

I think i've found June's challenge :icon_twis

I could see this sucking in short order. I just walked around my house for a moment( kids now know i am certifiable) and the glutes no likey.. I will have to do this for real soon.

I think i've found June's challenge :icon_twis

I like the fact that it's another challenge I could/can participate in:D, but I have a feeling I'm gonna hate it. I will refrain from trying this right now since I'm at work, but it sounds interesting.

I'm sorry but i'm having difficulty picturing it. So basically you just bend down, like you're trying to touch your toes, put your fingers through your shoelace loop, and then walk around? Are you using your arms to help pull your feet or something? What does this do besides cramp up your lower back and hamstrings?

why do you think sailors wear their names on the back of their pants??

So the marines know who they are fucking.

hehe...

Yeah, easy as it sounds. Just grab your shoelaces and walk around.. it sucks.

I question that such an exercise would be worth the time. It seems bad ergonomically with little training value.

I think its more mental training than anything.. The type of thing that prepares you for the burn of hardcore, kick in the nuts training that the military likes to dish out with its special programs. It teaches you to stfu and keep going otherwise you will end up with more pain.

SEALs are the type of guys that will wake up at 0330 in the desert (Niland, CA) to go crawl around on the ground(wearing a bunch of gear, dragging a sniper rifle) for a 4 hour morning sniper stalk in 100 degree heat without so much as a complaint while they are prepping their gear and shooting the shit.(and do it again later that evening)(repeat this sequence for weeks on end) I saw this first hand, and they gets much respect... They dont all have the ability to tear anyones head off at will.. But most of them harness a unique virtue..... mind over matter - if you dont mind, it dont matter.

Just go try it man... or dont and keep questioning.. maybe it isnt worth anything??

I question that such an exercise would be worth the time. It seems bad ergonomically with little training value.

why do you think sailors wear their names on the back of their pants??

So the marines know who they are fucking.

hehe...

Yeah, easy as it sounds. Just grab your shoelaces and walk around.. it sucks.

Navy.jpg

hehe

In training it's important to recognize impractical bullshit before allowing it to cause injury by 'trying it'. There's a reason the 'high speed' soldiers are broken by their 30s and this is part of the problem.

How many unnecessary training injuries have you witnessed? I know I've seen far far too many.

^^^^
wow your difficult...pretty sure it wouldnt kill anybody to try it once around a track

Look dude, if you are gonna hurt yourself, then dont do it..

In training it's important to recognize impractical bullshit before allowing it to cause injury by 'trying it'. There's a reason the 'high speed' soldiers are broken by their 30s and this is part of the problem.

How many unnecessary training injuries have you witnessed? I know I've seen far far too many.

Back