Other films that did what The Batman did with it's music score?

Wilmer Digreux

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I finally saw The Batman tonight. Well I saw the last half of it anyway. And I was intrigued by the score. It was super melancholic but I dug it. And I thought it sounded familiar but I couldn't quite place it.

At the end they played the full version of Nirvana's 'Something in the Way' and that was it. They based the whole score on that song and man did it fit beautifully.

Michael Giacchino was the composer and he's great. Been a big fan of his ever since LOST. And i think it was brilliant to build his score around that song. An unusual choice to be sure. But a good one.

What other films can you think of that did that? Took a well known real song and crafted the score around it? There has to be more.

I guess Titanic did the inverse with Celine Dion using the score to build her song. So that's something.

I finally saw The Batman tonight. Well I saw the last half of it anyway. And I was intrigued by the score. It was super melancholic but I dug it. And I thought it sounded familiar but I couldn't quite place it.

At the end they played the full version of Nirvana's 'Something in the Way' and that was it. They based the whole score on that song and man did it fit beautifully.

Michael Giacchino was the composer and he's great. Been a big fan of his ever since LOST. And i think it was brilliant to build his score around that song. An unusual choice to be sure. But a good one.

What other films can you think of that did that? Took a well known real song and crafted the score around it? There has to be more.

Robert Pattinson’s Batman movie sux.
So I can’t really remember.

Twin Peaks music is phenomenal.

All of it.

Original score by Angelo Badaĺamenti.

A bunch of really eerie but chill lounge style jazz.

"Fire Walk With Me" film score/soundtrack.

Twin Peaks music is phenomenal.

All of it.

Original score by Angelo Badaĺamenti.

A bunch of really eerie but chill lounge style jazz.

"Fire Walk With Me" film score/soundtrack.

I'll check it out. Never really watched Twin Peaks and I'm not familiar with that composer.

The music in Snatch is literally perfect for every scene just fits so well. Bravo for that. imho

Back