1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »
Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

Elections Orange County Republicans Trying Hard To Debunk "Election Fraud" Myths, But It's An Uphill Battle.

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Arkain2K, Nov 23, 2021.

1. wolfss Brown Belt

Conspiracy theorists are mentally challenged

idrankyourbeer likes this.
  2. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

Persistent whining about "voter fraud" and "election security" where there's no compelling evidence that either has suffered any large-scale tampering resulting in actual outcomes being changed is surely the sign of a party that knows it's dying, and would rather stubbornly dwell in delusion than make the necessary reforms to be competitive.

pinger, Lead, Arkain2K and 4 others like this.
  3. Protectandserve Red Belt

The OC is steadily turning purple/blue. The years of GOP dominating are a thing of the past.

Many OC Republicans are those fleeing to other states.

4. Sano Silver Belt

What evidence is there to suggest that mail in ballots are a problem? Having more people participating is a good thing.

LangfordBarrow likes this.
  5. Sharkhunter Purple Belt

wow

6. Arkain2K Si vis pacem, para bellum

What happened is more voters in Orange County officially changed their political affiliation to NP now than ever before (as I did years ago).

Too bad the WR demographics can't be more like this. There are like a hundred shit-posting Leftists and Rightwingers here for every moderates/centrists with common sense (@Lead , @Madmick , @irish_thug , @JDragon , @HockeyBjj , @Yehudim , et al).

[​IMG]

Historically regarded as a Republican stronghold, the tide could be shifting in Orange County. Registered Democrats make up more than 572,100 voters, while registered Republicans make up more than 552,000 voters. The number of total active voters was more than 1.6 million. Those with no party preference totaled more than 415,700.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  7. Lead /Led/ blanket Platinum Member

I mean, you somewhat need to affiliate with a party to get preference in the primaries if it isn’t open ballot. I’m personally for a system that would encourage more parties or at least allow local and state elections to have two candidates that more accurately reflect the people’s views than just forcing an unpopular candidate to the final two because they represent one of the two major national parties.

I wouldn’t necessarily like being considered a moderate or centrist. I think some of my views are in a single direction but they just all don’t fit in cleanly with either party. I think that’s true with most people if they didn’t tie their identity so strongly with a party and realized justified criticism is necessary for it to stay healthy. Id have to find it but I believe polling found independents generally are more predictable/ loyal voting a certain direction than those who identify with a specific party so I don’t know if the title matters much in terms of changing how people view politics. With that said, I still register Republican for access to primaries.

8. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

None. I've made occasional trips to the physical location, but when I learned I could always vote by mail-in ballot, back in college, so that I could vote from out-of-state, I never went back, and that's how I've almost always voted. Why would I do it any other way? They mail you ballot. You avoid burning unnecessary gas, being forced to check schedules to know if the station will close sooner than it has in the past, rushing down after work/errands to make sure you get there on time, standing in line akwardly choosing between silence and vacuous chitchat because you ran into people you haven't seen in years, and feeling pressured to be fast filling bubbles so that you don't hold said line uip when you actually go into booth.

Who wants to deal with all that crap? You can study and fill it out on your own time and mail it in weeks in advance.

We've been doing this for decades, and only suddenly it became a problem because a sniveling orange mop-topped manbaby couldn't cope with the humiliation of being a loser after he'd spent years ranting about how pathetic so-called losers are.

pinger, Revolver, Sano and 2 others like this.
  9. ocfightfan Sic semper tyrannus

Actually it was a always a problem until it helped Democrats and Trump complained about it. Then suddenly it was never a problem and anyone who says different is assaulting democracy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/...il-faulty-ballots-could-impact-elections.html

But I guess we can pretend that it's always been the Orange Man who is the problem.

10. Madmick Zugzwang Staff Member Senior Moderator

The furthest back you can find is 2012? Also, did you even read the article you just linked? The biggest problem cited by it is that too many ballots are being rejected because they are improperly filled, or didn't reach the destination at all. The issue is they aren't being counted at all, not that there's too many of them.
    It also notes...