Elections Orange County Republicans Trying Hard To Debunk "Election Fraud" Myths, But It's An Uphill Battle.

Big picture? Mail In ballots are inherently not secure.

Sorry Orange County... But mail in ballots should be reserved for people unable to vote in person.

- Military
- Maybe Health Issues

That's about all I can think of.

We need to know that our elections are secure and not make it easier for voter fraud.. Which happens on both sides.

Conspiracy theorists are mentally challenged

Persistent whining about "voter fraud" and "election security" where there's no compelling evidence that either has suffered any large-scale tampering resulting in actual outcomes being changed is surely the sign of a party that knows it's dying, and would rather stubbornly dwell in delusion than make the necessary reforms to be competitive.

The OC is steadily turning purple/blue. The years of GOP dominating are a thing of the past.

Many OC Republicans are those fleeing to other states.

Big picture? Mail In ballots are inherently not secure.

Sorry Orange County... But mail in ballots should be reserved for people unable to vote in person.

- Military
- Maybe Health Issues

That's about all I can think of.

We need to know that our elections are secure and not make it easier for voter fraud.. Which happens on both sides.
What evidence is there to suggest that mail in ballots are a problem? Having more people participating is a good thing.

The OC is steadily turning purple/blue. The years of GOP dominating are a thing of the past.

Many OC Republicans are those fleeing to other states.

What happened is more voters in Orange County officially changed their political affiliation to NP now than ever before (as I did years ago).

Too bad the WR demographics can't be more like this. There are like a hundred shit-posting Leftists and Rightwingers here for every moderates/centrists with common sense (@Lead , @Madmick , @irish_thug , @JDragon , @HockeyBjj , @Yehudim , et al).

SCT_0213_ONLINE_VoterDemographics_Cropped.jpg

Historically regarded as a Republican stronghold, the tide could be shifting in Orange County. Registered Democrats make up more than 572,100 voters, while registered Republicans make up more than 552,000 voters. The number of total active voters was more than 1.6 million. Those with no party preference totaled more than 415,700.

Last edited:
What happened is more voters in Orange County officially changed their political affiliation to NP now than ever before (as I did years ago).

Too bad the WR demographics can't be more like this. There are like a hundred shit-posting Leftists and Rightwingers here for every moderates/centrists with common sense (@Lead , @Madmick , @irish_thug , @JDragon , @HockeyBjj , et al).

SCT_0213_ONLINE_VoterDemographics_Cropped.jpg

Historically regarded as a Republican stronghold, the tide could be shifting in Orange County. Registered Democrats make up more than 572,100 voters, while registered Republicans make up more than 552,000 voters. The number of total active voters was more than 1.6 million. Those with no party preference totaled more than 415,700.

I mean, you somewhat need to affiliate with a party to get preference in the primaries if it isn’t open ballot. I’m personally for a system that would encourage more parties or at least allow local and state elections to have two candidates that more accurately reflect the people’s views than just forcing an unpopular candidate to the final two because they represent one of the two major national parties.

I wouldn’t necessarily like being considered a moderate or centrist. I think some of my views are in a single direction but they just all don’t fit in cleanly with either party. I think that’s true with most people if they didn’t tie their identity so strongly with a party and realized justified criticism is necessary for it to stay healthy. Id have to find it but I believe polling found independents generally are more predictable/ loyal voting a certain direction than those who identify with a specific party so I don’t know if the title matters much in terms of changing how people view politics. With that said, I still register Republican for access to primaries.

What evidence is there to suggest that mail in ballots are a problem? Having more people participating is a good thing.
None. I've made occasional trips to the physical location, but when I learned I could always vote by mail-in ballot, back in college, so that I could vote from out-of-state, I never went back, and that's how I've almost always voted. Why would I do it any other way? They mail you ballot. You avoid burning unnecessary gas, being forced to check schedules to know if the station will close sooner than it has in the past, rushing down after work/errands to make sure you get there on time, standing in line akwardly choosing between silence and vacuous chitchat because you ran into people you haven't seen in years, and feeling pressured to be fast filling bubbles so that you don't hold said line uip when you actually go into booth.

Who wants to deal with all that crap? You can study and fill it out on your own time and mail it in weeks in advance.

We've been doing this for decades, and only suddenly it became a problem because a sniveling orange mop-topped manbaby couldn't cope with the humiliation of being a loser after he'd spent years ranting about how pathetic so-called losers are.

None. I've made occasional trips to the physical location, but when I learned I could always vote by mail-in ballot, back in college, so that I could vote from out-of-state, I never went back, and that's how I've almost always voted. Why would I do it any other way? They mail you ballot. You avoid burning unnecessary gas, being forced to check schedules to know if the station will close sooner than it has in the past, rushing down after work/errands to make sure you get there on time, standing in line akwardly choosing between silence and vacuous chitchat because you ran into people you haven't seen in years, and feeling pressured to be fast filling bubbles so that you don't hold said line uip when you actually go into booth.

Who wants to deal with all that crap? You can study and fill it out on your own time and mail it in weeks in advance.

We've been doing this for decades, and only suddenly it became a problem because a sniveling orange mop-topped manbaby couldn't cope with the humiliation of being a loser after he'd spent years ranting about how pathetic so-called losers are.

Actually it was a always a problem until it helped Democrats and Trump complained about it. Then suddenly it was never a problem and anyone who says different is assaulting democracy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/...il-faulty-ballots-could-impact-elections.html

Fraud Easier Via Mail

Election administrators have a shorthand name for a central weakness of voting by mail. They call it granny farming.

“The problem,” said Murray A. Greenberg, a former county attorney in Miami, “is really with the collection of absentee ballots at the senior citizen centers.” In Florida, people affiliated with political campaigns “help people vote absentee,” he said. “And help is in quotation marks.”

Voters in nursing homes can be subjected to subtle pressure, outright intimidation or fraud. The secrecy of their voting is easily compromised. And their ballots can be intercepted both coming and going.

But I guess we can pretend that it's always been the Orange Man who is the problem.

Actually it was a always a problem until it helped Democrats and Trump complained about it. Then suddenly it was never a problem and anyone who says different is assaulting democracy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/10/07/...il-faulty-ballots-could-impact-elections.html
The furthest back you can find is 2012? Also, did you even read the article you just linked? The biggest problem cited by it is that too many ballots are being rejected because they are improperly filled, or didn't reach the destination at all. The issue is they aren't being counted at all, not that there's too many of them.
In the last presidential election, 35.5 million voters requested absentee ballots, but only 27.9 million absentee votes were counted, according to a study by Charles Stewart III, a political scientist at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He calculated that 3.9 million ballots requested by voters never reached them; that another 2.9 million ballots received by voters did not make it back to election officials; and that election officials rejected 800,000 ballots. That suggests an overall failure rate of as much as 21 percent.

Some voters presumably decided not to vote after receiving ballots, but Mr. Stewart said many others most likely tried to vote and were thwarted. “If 20 percent, or even 10 percent, of voters who stood in line on Election Day were turned away,” he wrote in the study, published in The Journal of Legislation and Public Policy, “there would be national outrage.”
It also notes...
But almost nothing has been done about the distinctive challenges posed by absentee ballots. To the contrary, Ohio’s Republican secretary of state recently sent absentee ballot applications to every registered voter in the state. And Republican lawmakers in Florida recently revised state law to allow ballots to be mailed wherever voters want, rather than typically to only their registered addresses...

He posited a reason that Republican officials in particular have pushed to expand absentee voting. “The conventional wisdom is that Republicans use absentee ballots and Democrats vote early,” he said.

Republicans are in fact more likely than Democrats to vote absentee. In the 2008 general election in Florida, 47 percent of absentee voters were Republicans and 36 percent were Democrats.

Back