OPro vs Bite Me

That's what I'm looking to do. 2 pro impacts. It's a given. People lose mouthguards lol

I was thinking of getting a Bite me but they cost more for one and the extra money to get it in england would be outrageous. i would have to pay for the kit to be sent to me. send it back then pay for the guard to be sent. America to England to America to England again wont be cheap.

I have seen both and personally own an opro. The Biteme is beefier and has better coverage behind the front teeth. Biteme also supports the sport (as evidenced by all the mma related pics on the website as well as the fighters they sponsor) which opro does not.

I am not unsatisfied with the opro, I received good service and it is a quality product but if I had it to do over I would definitely get a Biteme.

Can anyone tell me which size of mouthguard is best for mma? I know each company has different names for their sizes, so if anybody knows let me know. Thanks.

Both companies top of the line would be required I think. That is, the OPro Pro Impact or the Bite Me Mega Hybrid.

mrhappie45 said:
o pro all teh way.. get them !!! cheaper,, better service...

Cheaper yes. But I wouldn't be so sure about the service. I just decided to order a Biteme guard. Here's what I've noticed so far on their service.

Sat night at 3am I send of an e-mail to them wondering if they can make the custom guard I'd like.

Sun at noon I check my e-mail and they've repsonded with a yes, a quote, and let me know that they can send out a kit as soon as I give them my address. I reply with my home address.

Mon AM: They've e-mailed me letting me know the kit is on the way.

Thurs AM: Kit arrives to my door. I'm taking the impression tonite and mailing it back their way tomorrow.

So far, I'm more than impressed with their service. :D

I've never tried bite me, but I ordered my opro 2 or 3 years ago and it's held up nicely (plus I've still got all of my teeth). Opro is a safe bet, IMO.

KOU In3 said:
Cheaper yes. But I wouldn't be so sure about the service. I just decided to order a Biteme guard. Here's what I've noticed so far on their service.

Sat night at 3am I send of an e-mail to them wondering if they can make the custom guard I'd like.

Sun at noon I check my e-mail and they've repsonded with a yes, a quote, and let me know that they can send out a kit as soon as I give them my address. I reply with my home address.

Mon AM: They've e-mailed me letting me know the kit is on the way.

Thurs AM: Kit arrives to my door. I'm taking the impression tonite and mailing it back their way tomorrow.

So far, I'm more than impressed with their service. :D

sounds like opro.. i did all the same.
Excecpt i probably paid, half what your going to.

Gsoares2 said:
sounds like opro.. i did all the same.
Excecpt i probably paid, half what your going to.

My total was $140 ($105 for the 'Mega' guard. $25 for customization, and $10 for shipping) so you are most likely right on the price. I was wavering between the two companies but reading the threads where some Opro buyers wished they'd gone with BiteMe guards pushed me in that direction as I haven't read from any BiteMe buyers who didn't think it was worth the extra cash.

mxyzptlk actually convince me with his post earlier in this thread with the quote below that I think completely crystalized things:

1. Those who bought Opro have no issues with their product.
2. Those who bought Bite Me have no issues with their product. Service is top notch.
3. Those who have seen both (I think there were two) have all preferred the Bite Me over Opro.

QED, I'm leaning towards Bite Me. Plus, I think Bite Me may be a hair more customizable.

I emailed OPro Australia like 10 days ago and haven't got a reply. I'm gonna resend it today and CC it to all the other ones and see where it gets me.

Also, from what I understand, I think the Bite Mes are a lot more customisable than the OPros

I just finished making the mold of my teeth for BiteMe. Can I ask, those of you who have bought BiteMe or are ordering them, which version are you getting? I was thinking about the Hybrid, but should I get a Mega?

I don't plan on fighting, but I suppose I'm going to be sparring MT sometime in my future, and I do BJJ as well. Is it even worth looking at anything less than a Hybrid?

Also as an FYI, I want to get a clear one, and the dudes at BiteMe told me that the clear in the Hybrid version really isn't clear. It's definitely more opaque than what's shown on their homepage. In case any of you are looking at that. I'm looking to get a clear one with all gold teeth except one of the front teeth blacked out.

I think most here would recommend the Megas. But then again, I haven't got one so I'll try to leave it aside for those "in the know"

Hey, Im form England and I bought a Bite me mouthguard as I checked opro and thought well screw it I want a mouthguard that fighters use and like.

I paid $168.00 USD plus extra shipping for arlofski's 3d fangs on my mouthgaurd and it was a hybrid mouthguard.

If i convert this its roughyl 90-100 quid.

So to me its worth it and Im just waiting for it to come back.

I hated my shock doctor gel max and boil and bite just plain suck ass.

I will also post pics when I get mine and a review

ok Got my reply for a quote. Better this time around. Reply came within 24 hrs

Back