OPro vs Bite Me

Foppa21

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
So I've decided to protect my not so pearly whites by getting a custom mouthguard.

These 2 seem to be the front runners. I'm sorta leaning towards OPro cos they have a Australian branch and seeing as how that's a hella closer to me that Bite Me.

From the peeps that've bought one or the other, there doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of difference between them right?

The OPros are also cheaper so that's gotta be taken into consideration.

Am I missing anything out or does that pretty much sum it up?

Well this is definitally the right time to ask, mouthpieces have been the popular topic.

I'm curious here too. Thinking hard lately about upgrading my prehistoric ShockDoctor.

Isn't the Opro a 3 layer laminate instead of the 2 layer Biteme though?

im really happy with my opro.. Why pay more?

I say opro.

I'm in the same boat and trying to decide between the two. From what I've gathered between searches and whatnot....

1. Those who bought Opro have no issues with their product. Service may be inconsistent.
2. Those who bought Bite Me have no issues with their product. Service is top notch.
3. Those who have seen both (I think there were two) have all preferred the Bite Me over Opro.

QED, I'm leaning towards Bite Me. Plus, I think Bite Me may be a hair more customizable. Not sure on that though. Going to call Bite Me in the morning.

In all honesty, I'm not all too fussed about the customisability. But I'll be order two right off the bat. One for my hockey with my team's logo and my number superimposed on it and then another for my training with a design I'm not too sure of. In fact, I'm sure they'll both have my number from hockey on it but it'll be more prominent on my hockey one. Not too sure on the design for my one for training though. Might have a simple design with my name on it and a flag.

Nice sum up mxyzptlk. But do you know of the reasons for the preferences. Obviously when it comes to something like teeth, protection > style. As long as it's somewhat customisation it should be sweet. Just make it slightly different from others and I can say that it's mine.

Adino said:
Well this is definitally the right time to ask, mouthpieces have been the popular topic.

That's what I was thinking. Have a thread where it's pros and cons for the two companies that's generally accepted as the top right now. As opposed to wading thru threads that just says "Got my Opro/Biteme, they're the bomb"

For the consumer that's still on the fence deciding which way to jump.

Seen both. I would go with bitememouthguards. Better quality and hand made from the same expert every time. Anything is better than a boil and bite. Bitememouthguards are hands down the best. I'll sum it up this way: Team quest and all the other pro's wearing them are not being paid to.

well i ordered my opro and sent in the kit about 5 days ago when i comes i post a review btw the reason i took the opro was i was able to get it for much cheaper than the biteme

Hmm, I may have to go for one of these soon as well.

I think the general consensus of those who prefer Bite Me over Opro is that the Bite Me appears to be beefier, thicker, more substantial in its construction. To me, the difference in cost is well-spent. I'm no spring chicken anymore and I need all the help I can get in keeping my body intact.

I'm going to get a clear one with a couple of the front teeth blackened out like on their homepage. Or I may get a clear one with one of the front incisors being a gold tooth.

Keep us updated Foxx_MMA.

Which branches of OPro have you guys dealt with? Cos I get the feeling that different offices may provide aadifferent quality of customer service. Anyone dealt with the Australian one before?

I sent them a email yesterday and haven't gotten a reply yet. But I sent it pretty late in the evening for them and it would only be like 9am there now so we'll see how it goes.

I use opro and it works good for me... from what I've learned the only difference is that you can customize the biteme however you want.. so now that I know that I'd rather buy that one but its a bit too late now....

works alot better then regulars thou...

I've had a look at the Opros. I'm sure you can customise them, just not to the degree of the bite mes. I've played with the website and I've sort of got the colour scheme I want down. But I want to add my club logo on one side and my initials on the other side. If they can put stuff like maple leafs, roses etc on it, I'm sure a small logo wouldn't be a problem.

I'm debating between the two as well. Is biteme's site acting up for anyone else today though? Worked fine for me yesterday, then I went to send them an e-mail today and the site at www.bitememouthguards.net is linking me to a PC support/workstation company?

*edit* site works fine again as of later that day *edit*

Foxx_MMA said:
well i ordered my opro and sent in the kit about 5 days ago when i comes i post a review btw the reason i took the opro was i was able to get it for much cheaper than the biteme

Any word on how the Opro's goin?

expect it by the end of the week they said it would 2 weeks and i sent it out on the 5th once i get I will post pics and a preliminary review

Foxx_MMA said:
good choice, i have an opro your going to love it.

yea and i have to love the price i got that being 30 bucks for a pro impact with graphic gotta love hook ups i shoudl have gotten an extra one in retrospect

Back