Movies OPPENHEIMER ($700M Worldwide; Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen OPPENHEIMER, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I just got back from seeing it. The last 45 minutes really could have been cut/condensed though. Also, I predict that Blunt will undeservingly win an award for her lame ass performance because of her "passionate" speech scene.

Just got home from it.

7/10

Theater surprisingly (and frustratingly) full

Agree on the lack of focus with the three story arcs (Los Alamos, AEC hearing, appointment confirmation), I feel like the jumping between 3 time settings was botched.

The actors all did great, score and effects were cool...story was a mess.

Should've waited for streaming and enjoyed on the couch with cheap drinks in my underwear and the ability to pause and go piss.

Yeah, they focused too much on RDJ, his whole vindictiveness was overplayed imo.

I don't like that they probably made up scenes to explain Strauss' motivations. The non-procedural timeline was also jarring. It would've been better if there were timestamps.

I'd put this way over Tenet, Dunkirk and Interstellar. Those were not even good movies, I think The Prestige is still Nolan's best work. I'd say it's nearly as good as The Dark Knight (?).

Last edited:
Yeah, they focused too much on RDJ, his whole vindictiveness was overplayed imo.

I don't like that they probably made up scenes to explain Strauss' motivations. The non-procedural timeline was also jarring. It would've been better if there were timestamps.

I'd put this way over Tenet, Dunkirk and Interstellar. Those were not even good movies, I think The Prestige is still Nolan's best work. I'd say it's nearly as good as The Dark Knight (?).

TDK and Prestige are the best. But Dunkirk was excellent and interstellar is a good film.

Interstellar "not a good movie" <KhabibBS>

Only complaint I got is it runs a little to long but still a GREAT movie and one of better Sci fi flicks I ever saw from acting, story, casting.

Agree with Dunkirk as it never really got me into it as it played more like a documentary than a drama.

But interstellar was cinematic greatness.

Did they tell you how they studied ancient Sanskrit texts and believed the myths about ancient wars, which assisted them in their pursuit of creating the weapon?

If not, I'll pass.

I have no real desire to watch an inaccurate depiction of the events as they unfolded.

TDK and Prestige are the best. But Dunkirk was excellent and interstellar is a good film.

Only complaint I got is it runs a little to long but still a GREAT movie and one of better Sci fi flicks I ever saw from acting, story, casting.

Agree with Dunkirk as it never really got me into it as it played more like a documentary than a drama.

Interstellar sucks. "Muuuuuuurrrrrrpppphhhh"

Did they tell you how they studied ancient Sanskrit texts and believed the myths about ancient wars, which assisted them in their pursuit of creating the weapon?

If not, I'll pass.

I have no real desire to watch an inaccurate depiction of the events as they unfolded.
They spent 45 minutes showing him doing nothing but reading old Sanskrit texts. It made for riveting viewing

Interstellar changes a lot in rating for a lot of people I know. First watch I enjoyed it very much until the abysmal ending . The soundtrack and effects were great. Acting always felt too melodramatic and overblown. On second watching it lost a lot of it's appeal. The silly story at times, resolution at the end, the acting and kinda falling into stereotype scriptwriting. Nowadays I see it as a at best 7/10 movie . Not a movie I will watch ever again. So I get all ratings from great to mediocre at best

Back