Opinion: The stockton slap is completely disprectful and should be booed not encouraged

Nate is totally respectful to martial arts and fighters that earn respect.

F McDouchebag

BooThisMan.gif

Probably the most obvious troll thread of all time!!

It's both a valid, damaging strike as well as an effective form of in-combat mental warfare.

What is far more disrespectful is all of the idiotic, prefight shit talking.

image.gif Can't tell if TS is like this Beta Indian fellow, or bitchy chick like this broad.

I would think the Stockton Slap was kinda funny......... if it wasn't the most significant strike that Nick Diaz can land these days.

FWIW Conor tried to Stockton slap Nate as well, he just failed at it.

How/why do people that are this prissy actually watch fightIng in the first place?

It's a fight and slapping is perfectly legal. If you don't like it there's all sorts of cupcake baking contests on cable with no "disrespect" to get your panties all bunched up over.

FWIW Conor tried to Stockton slap Nate as well, he just failed at it.

Look I don't care who does it. Its disrespectful to the sport. I didnt seethat but then Conor was being disrespectful too. doesn't make it right though.

Open palm strikes should be encouraged as they are under utilised techniques.

Look I don't care who does it. Its disrespectful to the sport. I didnt seethat but then Conor was being disrespectful too. doesn't make it right though.
Good point, let me find a yard duty and he is so not getting afternoon recess today.

I'd also like to see both Conor and the Diaz brothers' potty mouths condemned.

Herb brings them to the center of the octagon...
Conor: "what the fuck are you gonna do?"
Herb: 1 point for a potty mouth!

I know there's a lot of Nayt fans on here and also Nick Diaz fans but the stockton slap is completely disrespectful and fans should stop encouraging it. It's only purpose is to humiliate the other fighter not to inflict damage or score points. There's also the chance that an eye could get poked from it and since theres more force in it than a normal eye poke it could blind a fighter. In my opinion a point should be deducted for that kind of action.

. Am I the only person that thinks this?
It's actually a very effective striking technique if used correctly. It's called "cuffing" in boxing, Muhammad Ali did it quite a bit. It's confusing and frustrating for opponents and can get in their head and effect their range and timing.

Igor volcanchyn used to crush guys with open hand hooks.

Ok I get that and on some level you're right but a slap will never do the damage that even a light jab will do. Its just to humiliate the opponent and its not in the spirit of the sport.
Not true, it can easily do as much damage as a jab. A hard open hand smack across the face can really crack a guy

Back