Opinion: The stockton slap is completely disprectful and should be booed not encouraged

Conor is completely disrespectful and should be booed not encouraged.

I know there's a lot of Nayt fans on here and also Nick Diaz fans but the stockton slap is completely disrespectful and fans should stop encouraging it. It's only purpose is to humiliate the other fighter not to inflict damage or score points. There's also the chance that an eye could get poked from it and since theres more force in it than a normal eye poke it could blind a fighter. In my opinion a point should be deducted for that kind of action.

. Am I the only person that thinks this?

You are clearly a ton of fun.

Hi Conor.
Conor hasn't said anything close to this and wouldn't ever say anything about an opponent not respecting him.

Your joke was terrible and the 17 people that liked it are stupid.

I have been slaped hard as ****! won't lie I danced abit, and being short tempered and pretty dumb, I have had my fair share of punches to, all in all slaps work, even if there's almost no impact it hurts, which sucks.

His name is Nate, not Nayt. fuckin weirdo. Thats like spelling Conor as Cawner.

Conor hasn't said anything close to this and wouldn't ever say anything about an opponent not respecting him.

Your joke was terrible and the 17 people that liked it are stupid.

Hi Dee.

I know there's a lot of Nayt fans on here and also Nick Diaz fans but the stockton slap is completely disrespectful and fans should stop encouraging it. It's only purpose is to humiliate the other fighter not to inflict damage or score points. There's also the chance that an eye could get poked from it and since theres more force in it than a normal eye poke it could blind a fighter. In my opinion a point should be deducted for that kind of action.

look at username...here for you <18>

Ok I get that and on some level you're right but a slap will never do the damage that even a light jab will do. Its just to humiliate the opponent and its not in the spirit of the sport.
not too familiar with combat are you...humiliation is mandatory

In my opinion the Stockton slap is a waste of an opportunity to actually punch your opponent. I mean... Your hand is right there just close your fucking fist Nate and hit the guy ya goof.

So my opinion is that it's stupid.

Completely disagree, and though i wont fly off the handle and call you names like some may (will) I will explain.

It's not supposed to be respectful, it's supposed to be humiliating, and disrespectful and make you angry...it's working on YOU, and you're not being slapped...you're watching tv at home eating chips and drinking beer and it still gets under your skin...which is why its such a wonderful tactic.

The Diaz boys want you to play there game, and they will insult, attack and berate you to make you step out of your game plan and play in their's. It may not be the classiest move in the UFC, but it does work ...not on everyone, but when it does they tend to win.

Its cerebral and that's why its interesting, who cracks, who doesn't, who's confident and refined and who is in there and emotional.

Doesn't mean you have to like it...at all, but it has its place, and ill encourage and cheer the shit out of that as a fan of both of them, but also as a fan of tactics and their reactions in combat sports.

loser thread
check bas ruttens slaps
nothing wrong with a slap

You can't take away their signature move. They put their miserable ass town on the map with that move. Have some respect.

3550918390_5585b37acb_o.gif

I agree. In addition to the valid reasons you've presented, slapping bitches promotes domestic violence. There is no place for it and it needs to stop.

I completely agree with you...unless Diaz is fighting Conor.

I will forever cheer Conor getting slapped and doing nothing about it.

You know what else is disrespectful? Punching people in the face, kicking people in the head, choking people until they are unconscious, etc, etc. It's fighting...

Anyone in here old enough to have played football when it was permitted for a defenseman to slap the helmet of an offensive guard right after the snap?

Those were fun times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back