Only one guy that I see beating Jones..

If Jones starts wrestling again like he used to, he'll destroy all these LHW/MW kickboxers. He used to take down much more competent wrestlers and smash or submit them within a round or two (Bader, the Janitor, Hamill, Vera, O'Brien, etc).

If he keeps having kickboxing matches where he trades a bunch of leg kicks, he'll lose the belt soon. He's not built for that with those long skinny leg targets. He needs to mix striking and grappling like he used to.

Good to see Rountree get a couple mentions

He looked superb last time out

Matt Hamill is undefeated vs the roidhead.

If he could only beat elite fighters like the current version of Sokoudjou, maybe the UFC would invite him back. He headbutted Jones' elbows harder than anyone else.

Paula is way shorter and slower than jon

No way.

Jones would break him in one round.

(assuming he would fight seriously, not just coasting like he's doing lately)

I've got Costa dusting Romero similarly to the Cavalcante fight. Like both these guys and hoping for a war.

I don't think he's the guy to beat Jones though. Thiago Santos arguably already did. I think he knows how to seal the deal in a rematch.

Costa hasn't beaten anyone of significance, and he never fights.

You guys are getting dellusional just because you saw Jones play with his food for 5 rounds. He wanted to beat Santos where he feels safe and that's what he did. If Jones wanted to finish the fight by the easy way, he could have double legged Santos (that by the second round already had his legs fucked up) with his eyes closed and do the job.

I don't see why it would be any different with Costa or Walker.

So Jones would rather go to a split decision victory, in a fight many people feel he lost, than finish the fight in 2 rounds ?

tenor(16).gif

Honestly, I'm really curious to see how Rountree looks next fight.

He was ripping his opponent's legs last fight and it was paying visible dividends. If the last fight wasn't a fluke and he has improved that much, I think think Rountree could cause Jones some problem if he focuses on being patient and tearing up those long skinny legs of Jones. I would have Jones as the favourite to win, but if Khalil can slow him down and work the legs and clinch... it would be a surprise if Rountree won, just not a huge surprise.
His last fight was damn impressive.

I have been watching this sport for a long time and that performance sticks out as one of the most crystal clear displays of massive improvement in a fighter’s game. That was a coming out party for Roundtree, I hope he continues to display crazy muay Thai skills, it would make 205 a bit more interesting.

So Jones would rather go to a split decision victory, in a fight many people feel he lost, than finish the fight in 2 rounds ?

View attachment 615507

Dude, I'm not saying it's the most logic way. Jon himself said that he wanted to beat Santos where he's good at and that he's prideful by doing that. I don't know if you either didn't saw the interview or if you're trying to say Santos prevented him from taking him down, lol.

If he could only beat elite fighters like the current version of Sokoudjou, maybe the UFC would invite him back. He headbutted Jones' elbows harder than anyone else.
Agreed. Matt is on a 2 fight win streak. Jones doesn’t want that smoke again. He can barely beat one legged mws while on roids. Smdh

Last edited:
conor_mcgregor.jpg

Back