ONE's US Debut is set. Colorado. May 5, 2023.

Seems far out, but good. Hope they can put on a good card and gain more fans stateside. Their cards on Prime have been a blast, although I check out on the none MMA fights.

Last edited:
Question: will they be allowed to use their regular rules in the US? It would suck if their fighters can't knee grounded opponents in the head because of some dumbass athletic commission in the US.

Question: will they be allowed to use their regular rules in the US? It would suck if their fighters can't knee grounded opponents in the head because of some dumbass athletic commission in the US.
Yes. That’s why they’re doing the event in Colorado. The Colorado AC allows them to use their ruleset.

Seems far out, but good. Hope they can put on a good card and gain more fans stateside. Their cards on Prime have been a blast, although I check out on the none MMA fights.
That might be 1 thing that hurts them here. I’ve noticed it too. Very hard to get into the non mma bouts. Especially the grappling “fights.” Shit is brutal. Ppl just want to watch mma here. Although the Muay Thai in the cage w 4oz gloves is dope.

That might be 1 thing that hurts them here. I’ve noticed it too. Very hard to get into the non mma bouts. Especially the grappling “fights.” Shit is brutal. Ppl just want to watch mma here. Although the Muay Thai in the cage w 4oz gloves is dope.

I think for the debut they might keep it all MMA. Maybe one or two other fights.

I think for the debut they might keep it all MMA. Maybe one or two other fights.

I doubt it'll be all MMA. Theyll def have a muay thai fight on there at the very least.

It would be a waste for them not to show case MT (or KB). It makes them different. Use MMA to get people to watch and use MT to make people come back or at least remember them.

as others have said yeah the commission approved their ruleset last year so thats why they are going there.

Does colorado have its own drug testing agency?

Im curious to see how many flagged athletes we will see

Let’s see what they do because I can see ppl really getting turned off quickly especially if there’s grappling “fights.” Casual Americans hate grappling.

Let’s see what they do because I can see ppl really getting turned off quickly especially if there’s grappling “fights.” Casual Americans hate grappling.
Grappling is fun in MMA when you have a fight like Gamrot/Arman, but it’s a drag when it’s competitive grappling outside of MMA for the most part.

Is that high altitude? Who are they going to showcase gassed out?
Hopefully the fighters on the card have the presence of mind to show up two or three weeks early. Otherwise, could be a bad night. For everyone.

Does colorado have its own drug testing agency?

Im curious to see how many flagged athletes we will see
<DisgustingHHH>

Honestly, who cares at this point? Maturity is realizing that about 70% or greater of top athletes are on something.

I doubt it'll be all MMA. Theyll def have a muay thai fight on there at the very least.

It would be a waste for them not to show case MT (or KB). It makes them different. Use MMA to get people to watch and use MT to make people come back or at least remember them.
If they don’t have the names, it’s not going to connect with the American audience. Ask Bellator Kickboxing.

If there is a MT bout, they need to throw an American MMA name there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back