ONE's US Debut is set. Colorado. May 5, 2023.

If they don’t have the names, it’s not going to connect with the American audience. Ask Bellator Kickboxing.

If there is a MT bout, they need to throw an American MMA name there.

Rodtang vs. random white guy with 4oz gloves will do wonders to popularize MT in North America. You get non-stop Just Bleed violence with a decent chance of a brutal KO, what more could one ask for in combat sports?

Rodtang vs. random white guy with 4oz gloves will do wonders to popularize MT in North America. You get non-stop Just Bleed violence with a decent chance of a brutal KO, what more could one ask for in combat sports?
Some casuals may care for that one night and will move on immediately once the next Conor/Jones fuck up makes the headlines. But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know.

with commission there not releasing stuff wont see payouts or gate or anything to see how well event does.

they are mma/mt/kickboxing thats what they are so I do think might struggle to sell tickets maybe or get attention in US but cant get people into that if you dont try. If they just do all mma thats not what they really are as an org, its mixed org now so you have to come with your best foot forward and the product you are.

We'll see if fans care.

with commission there not releasing stuff wont see payouts or gate or anything to see how well event does.

they are mma/mt/kickboxing thats what they are so I do think might struggle to sell tickets maybe or get attention in US but cant get people into that if you dont try. If they just do all mma thats not what they really are as an org, its mixed org now so you have to come with your best foot forward and the product you are.

We'll see if fans care.
Is Colorado one of the commissions that doesn't realse payouts? Asking since I don't think I have seen a major MMA event from there

Is Colorado one of the commissions that doesn't realse payouts? Asking since I don't think I have seen a major MMA event from there

They dont, dont know if they ever did or just stopped but going back 4 years I think was last UFC I dont see a payout for that card.

Cali is like the only commission that does, sure some other states do but you just dont see big shows UFC/Bellator going there. Pretty much sticking to Cali, Vegas, Arizona, Texas, Florida, NY, Conn for Bellator.

They dont, dont know if they ever did or just stopped but going back 4 years I think was last UFC I dont see a payout for that card.

Cali is like the only commission that does, sure some other states do but you just dont see big shows UFC/Bellator going there. Pretty much sticking to Cali, Vegas, Arizona, Texas, Florida, NY, Conn for Bellator.
Cali and Washington. Only know Washington because of Tacoma Bellator show

I'd love to see One get a bigger U.S. audience. They put on some great fights. They're Muay Thai and kickboxing bouts being my favorites.
Unfortunately, we Americans for the most part only follow bigger names they can pronounce... and they're missing out.

This is great news, if done right. Assuming DJ will headline this?
Could even see Nate Diaz on this one!

I'd love to see One get a bigger U.S. audience. They put on some great fights. They're Muay Thai and kickboxing bouts being my favorites.
Unfortunately, we Americans for the most part only follow bigger names they can pronounce... and they're missing out.
Even with american fighters , kickboxing never worked in the US.

Even with american fighters , kickboxing never worked in the US.

I agree. Even as exciting and skilled as it was it just never got that takeoff it needed to go mainstream.
But hey, we'll continue to pray for those poor souls.

I think muay thai with mma gloves and high level kickboxing is a very sellable product. Especially when One can legitimately claim to have the best stand up strikers in the world in the lighter weight classes. They can sell it as being like UFC without the grappling and better strikers.

The only problem with promoting muay thai and kickboxing in the USA is they never had and still don't have anyone that really excelled at these sports. Can see it with eddie aboloso last week. He got exposed once he fought a decent european.

Back