One Truly Great Movie I Haven't Seen

off the top of my head, I can't think of a movie that has like no special effects, almost zero action, mostly just dialogue etc.... and yet kept me so interested. Besides this movie and 12 Angry Men

Buried is a surprisingly compelling film working with almost nothing

Give ‘SLC Punk’ a shot DMF, if you haven seen it already, I feel like it’s the kind of film you’d dig.

Also, ‘Brick’ is another film I think you’d dig. It’s a Neo-Noir detective type film in a modern setting revolving around high school aged drug dealers. Very atmospheric and dialogue driven.

Thanks. I will. I think the last good movie I watched was TheVVitch (see how I did that), I loved that movie. I didn't hear shit about it, so that's the ideal. I got the dvd the other day. I watched the White Ribbon, and I don't call people, but t called my mom and I just saw a movie. She never got to see it, but it was the same to a degree with Valhalla, I drug her and my brother over and we had dinner and they thought it was pretty good. ....this burlap couch on my naked ass. Secretarial spread, i'm fucking numb below the waist, and I ain't so hot above the waist either. I think 2 days is enough.

Watched KPAX, and 12 Angry Men is a classic, it's close to my favorite Henry Fonda, every fucking face in that movie is watchable. Klugman and Lee J. Cobb. 'I'm a grown man more or less, but Lee J. Cobb scared the shit outta me as a kid in On the Waterfront, even if I'm 120lb Henry Fonda if he walks up in my grill, I'm swinging. The damn Tony Danza after school special wasn't horrendous. I always have it tied with Anatomy of a Murder, The Apartment, Witnesss for the Prosecution, and Night of the Hunter. My fucking keyboard, it's taken me twenty minutes to type this.

I watched buried when I was not with it. I watched Captive and Missisippi Grind with Ryan Reynold's tonight, I think he's an underrated actor.

297.jpg

Watched KPAX, and 12 Angry Men is a classic, it's close to my favorite Henry Fonda, every fucking face in that movie is watchable. Klugman and Lee J. Cobb. 'I'm a grown man more or less, but Lee J. Cobb scared the shit outta me as a kid in On the Waterfront, even if I'm 120lb Henry Fonda if he walks up in my grill, I'm swinging. The damn Tony Danza after school special wasn't horrendous. I always have it tied with Anatomy of a Murder, The Apartment, Witnesss for the Prosecution, and Night of the Hunter. My fucking keyboard, it's taken me twenty minutes to type this.
what did you think about KPAX?

Cinema Paradiso, Dead Man, Sunset Boulevard, Double Indemnity

KPAX I liked the first go around quite bit, but after that I just wanted to watch the Fisher King.

Do you enjoy 'Sex, fighting, killer whales and parental neglect' ?
Then the movie Rust And Bone could be something for you. (French. Quite bleak, but no monkeys, iirc)

I have an excel spreadsheet of every film i've seen that premiered after I turned 18, with ratings. Real nerd stuff. Comprehensive nerd stuff.

I've never seen Scarface or the Godfather.

Midnight In Paris
Blade Of The Immortal
You Were Never Really Here
The Sunset Limited

I've seen Solaris, but if it was handy I watch it now. I think Audrey Rose is on Roku tv and Rosemary's Baby I haven't seen for twenty years, been saving those for the right mood. Green Mile I haven't seen in awhile. I've been meaning to buy Dr. Sleep but haven't got around to it.

For something as weighty ala Citizen Kane perhaps Andrei Rublev? you don't get much weightier than that or indeed much better filmed.

I watched You Were Never Really Here the other day in a hotel room. Depressing as all hell, but a great movie.

upstream color. it's a refreshing film for hardcore film/art fans in a world of over hyped, over rated wastes of time...

Back