Media ONE - Roots of Honor (12 Apr) Nguyen vs Jadambaa [LIVE NOW link in OP]

Katsumi Yamada

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Stream:

56563181_2307893659233876_5874651238062096384_o.jpg

Looks like another great card from ONE in Manila.
Main event - 43 year old former champ Jadambaa is baack. This should be a good scrap, as long as Nguyen comes to fight. As we know Jadambaa always will. He's 2-0 since losing in a title fight back in 2016 but he hasn't been the most active.
Nguyen blows hot and cold so this should be interesting.

Co-main should be another good fight in the highly competitive strawweight div.

Wada vs Balart to decide Mighty Mouse' next opponent will be fascinating too. Wada is a great fighter from what we've seen. Never seen Balart fight but his wrestling credentials are world class.

Santos vs Nagashima should be a #1 contender fight for Kadestam's belt.
Nagashima is undefeated, Luis Santos is getting old but probably has the deadliest left kick ever in that weight class. He can stop anyone.
Who do you think takes it?

Last edited:
I know of Nguyen, Issa, Wada, and Santos (from the top 4 bouts). Aside from them who would you say is the most interesting fighter to keep an eye on?

ONE's last card was my first cause of MM, but now I'm intriqued.

I know of Nguyen, Issa, Wada, and Santos (from the top 4 bouts). Aside from them who would you say is the most interesting fighter to keep an eye on?

For MMA:

Look out for Santos' opponent, James Nakashima. He is 10-0 former LFA welterweight champion. He's known for being boring and having a 100% decision rate, but he definitely has championship potential and this is a great test for him.

If you don't know Jadambaa he's had a pretty amazing and unique career.
He competed in the glory days of K1 max against literally a who's who: Masato, Buakaw, Souwer, Kraus (k1) and KID Yamamoto (in MMA rules)
He's a total badass who had a late career resurgence in ONE and held the title before, well rounded and exciting.

For Muay Thai:
Lerdsila, who is a legend but pretty ancient for a Thai at this point.
muaythai.gif

Saemapetch Fairtex is also a guy that ONE are pushing hard. His fight should be good.

Forgot to mention Joshua Pacio from team Lakay, the most successful team in ONE.
He's challenging for the strawweight belt.
BitesizedJampackedHochstettersfrog-size_restricted.gif

On offtopic question but wondering if you know - how many ONE fighters have backgrounds in arts known as TMAs here? I'm talking Karate, TKD, Kung Fu, Judo etc.

Jadamba is 43 years old. I thought he retired after getting beaten by Gafurov.

On offtopic question but wondering if you know - how many ONE fighters have backgrounds in arts known as TMAs here? I'm talking Karate, TKD, Kung Fu, Judo etc.
Team Lakay Wushu trains Bellator.

Serial tho, half I think just transitioned into MMA from TMAs. It's safe to assume that most Japanese, Korean and Evolve fighters started out with MMA in mind. It's the South-east asians who are primarily strikers.

For MMA:

Look out for Santos' opponent, James Nakashima. He is 10-0 former LFA welterweight champion. He's known for being boring and having a 100% decision rate, but he definitely has championship potential and this is a great test for him.

If you don't know Jadambaa he's had a pretty amazing and unique career.
He competed in the glory days of K1 max against literally a who's who: Masato, Buakaw, Souwer, Kraus (k1) and KID Yamamoto (in MMA rules)
He's a total badass who had a late career resurgence in ONE and held the title before, well rounded and exciting.

For Muay Thai:
Lerdsila, who is a legend but pretty ancient for a Thai at this point.
muaythai.gif

Saemapetch Fairtex is also a guy that ONE are pushing hard. His fight should be good.
Awesome thanks. I'll keep these guys in mind.

Stoica and Silva are good too look forward too in KB SuperSeries. Going to be another well rounded, entertaining card from ONE.

Hard to go against Nguyen but I want a champ named Jadambaa Wumba.

The website doesn't have Anderson Silva's fight listed. I'm thinking the fight card posted here is the correct one but does anyone know for sure?

The website doesn't have Anderson Silva's fight listed. I'm thinking the fight card posted here is the correct one but does anyone know for sure?
<JagsKiddingMe>

edit: Oh, there's a guy named Anderson Silva on here. Totally escaped my notice.

Last edited:

Just checked the ONE (super) app, Anderson Silva's fight is on!
This card was taken from their facebook so should be correct, subject to any late changes.

<JagsKiddingMe>

edit: Oh, there's a guy named Anderson Silva on here. Totally escaped my notice.

Fair enough. He's had a lengthy career and fought a who's who in kickboxing but is always going to be 'that Anderson Silva'.

Just checked the ONE (super) app, Anderson Silva's fight is on!
This card was taken from their facebook so should be correct, subject to any late changes.

I'm always down for an 8 fight card. Will watch the two muay thai fights from the prelims and skim through the rest when the main card starts.

The event is called fuckin roots of honor and only Korean and Japanese dudes are billed with their ethnic names.

There's something wrong with Asia. Casius clay would be mad to see this name lists.

Jadambaa used to be as great as any top 10 lw from ufc.

The event is called fuckin roots of honor and only Korean and Japanese dudes are billed with their ethnic names.

There's something wrong with Asia. Casius clay would be mad to see this name lists.

Jadambaa used to be as great as any top 10 lw from ufc.
<JagsKiddingMe>
The only people using fake names are the Muay Thai fighters, as usual.

Back