One Rep Max Testing Guidelines

Madmick

Zugzwang
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
Lifestyle Change's One Rep Max Testing Guidelines

Also, if you go the source site, lifestylechanges, the book from which this was taken looks amazing. Numerous experts dedicate a chapter a piece on their area of expertise; they have Louie Simmons for powerlifting, Weider for bodybuilding, Berardi & Lowery for supplementation, the list goes on.

That looks like a great comprehensive book. Too often I think guys overlook everything beyond their numbers, so it's good to see a book with a chapter on proprioception alone.

From what I read, weider isn't much of an authority on bodybuilding to those in the know. Just FYI. Of course, I mostly read weider bashing on t-mag, so that may be a one sided opinion. Still, have your head put on top of coleman's body for a bronze statue is pretty low.

Urban said:
From what I read, weider isn't much of an authority on bodybuilding to those in the know. Just FYI. Of course, I mostly read weider bashing on t-mag, so that may be a one sided opinion. Still, have your head put on top of coleman's body for a bronze statue is pretty low.
I'm definitely not "in the know" on bodybuilding. Every wannabe bodybuilder in our fitness gyms I've spoken to talks about Weider like he started the shit. At least I know enough to know that's not true. Hell, Steve Reeves (from way back when) is one of my Top 5 BB's. The first book I owned that was dedicated solely to weightlifting was Arnold's Encyclopedia.

If guys like Frank Zane, Serge Nubret, Franco Columbo, Ken Waller, and Arnie were still winning comps, I'd probably follow bodybuilding to this day. Training for appearance isn't my thing, but I do understand why certain guys do it, and I at least could appreciate the physiques if they did it like these legends.

Back