"One of these men will have a....."

Zigmeister

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
....one in the Loss column after this fight."

-Jon Anik

Geee...thanks Jon...very clever. So what you are saying is that two guys, with undefeated records, is likely to lose the fight and now the zero will be a 1 and he will have a loss??

This guy's attempt to continually make ridiculous hyperbole and metaphors makes no sense. I mostly tune the guy out, but once in awhile, it is just impossible without muting the volume, to listen to his exact words, and then sit and wonder, WTF does that mean? Are you watching an MMA fight?

Now a sidebar...a rant about Fox Sports...

I have to say, props to Dana for taking MMA to a higher level, but the downside now is, Fox has put their little twist and "sporting" touches to MMA/UFC, and it is quite ridiculous. Like, during the weigh-ins, that woman who starts to do some Fox advertisement right after the fighter is announced and he is getting on the scale....STFU...used to be cool the weigh-ins, at least when not on Fox...can't stand even watching Fox weigh-ins now. The little ad pop-up box comes up on one side, the woman on a little box on the other as she reads the promo...so useful, really adds to the event doesn't it!!! Stupid Fox producers/Directors. Yeah, I know, somebody has to pay the bills...advertisers, but geez...

Only good side I've found with Fox, besides free MMA, has some hot little up/coming females that are somewhat nice to look at. So they have that part of the formula down pretty well in MMA. At least if I have to watch some advertisement/too lazy to FF on the DVR, I can look at some piece of ass on the TV while doing it waiting to resume normal activities. If you watch TUF, Fox sports at night, they have a new one almost nightly. Not bad. But, are the girls that are getting hired to do these jobs really think it is because of their amazing reporting/hosting capabilities and knowledge of sports? Or for their looks? You be the judge.

I know sexist, but that is Fox, not me who set this whole thing up. You just don't often find fat/ugly TV announcers/hosts do you? Fox knows their market, give the guys their hot skanks, whether they annoy you or not. It keeps them from flipping the channel.

But I digress, I seriously am really starting to get annoyed with this guy. At least Kenny provides some technical information as to what is happening for the people to try to follow that aren't familiar with the sport, particularly grappling/submission fighting. Not so much boxing/standup obviously, since Florian had none himself.

This combo reminds me somewhat back with Mauro/Bas. Mauro, a dufus trying to be clever, with silly hyperbole and metaphors just for the sake of trying to add something to the situation, and Bas providing actual technical expert information.

Yes, what I'm saying is I would rather listen to the other well known duo from UFC than most others today still.

Rant over.....

Fights kind of sucked for free MMA BTW, good thing I didn't have to pay for it, would have been "disappoint".

Flame on fellow Sherdoggers!!! Love to hear some Anik'isms if you got them.

I'm really glad I'm not as bothered about pointless shit as you are

LL

You care too much TS

anik has to go even the guys from ufc 1 were better commentators

A well written, articulate yet ultimately sad and pathetic diatribe. Nonetheless, I don't regret reading it.

Let's wrote a novel about other one lines he's said that no one cares about.

I agree with the guy, haters gonna hate. Then bitch about bitchers.

anyone take notes tell me what this book is about

Anik thinks OP is a ___

Undefeated records are kind of a big deal in the fight game. So if hes pointing out the fact that this loss would mean a lot to either fighter i don't see the problem with that, in fact it's a good set up.

Maybe they should hire stephen hawking for commentary so he will always talk about the most intriguing subject like the latest break through in quantum physics, maybe that will decrease the bitching.

anik and buffer need to go...they need to get replacements.

Back