One more time!!!!!!!

sprawl&brawl

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I bought a grappling dummy recently. I need the most basic guard video that covers submissions and sweeps. Note: The only training i've done is wrestling and some shootfighting and the shootfighters that i worked with didn't have a very sophisticated guard game. I'm shooting for a NO-GI approach. This dummy you can do multiple reps of submissions but i want some sophistication to my game. I live in Pampa, Tx now and we have 17,000 people and not one person knows submission here. I know the basic armbars and triangle but i want to develop a tight guard with extensive subs and sweeps.. Thx

sprawl&brawl said:
I bought a grappling dummy recently. I need the most basic guard video that covers submissions and sweeps. Note: The only training i've done is wrestling and some shootfighting and the shootfighters that i worked with didn't have a very sophisticated guard game. I'm shooting for a NO-GI approach. This dummy you can do multiple reps of submissions but i want some sophistication to my game. I live in Pampa, Tx now and we have 17,000 people and not one person knows submission here. I know the basic armbars and triangle but i want to develop a tight guard with extensive subs and sweeps.. Thx

sounds to me like your a beginner. I am afraid its better to go to a school and learn by sparring. Dummies dont give you resistance and you need to know how to apply the technique and hold when someone is trying to resist.

Enron Exec. said:
sounds to me like your a beginner. I am afraid its better to go to a school and learn by sparring. Dummies dont give you resistance and you need to know how to apply the technique and hold when someone is trying to resist.

Exactly. You can never replace a real sparring partner with a dummy. That's just how it is, sorry.

sprawl&brawl said:

Go to seminars if possible whenever traveling out of town ect.. Some options when consistent training isn't possible. It is still possible to go out of town to a seminar once in awhile.. With that said get some competition tapes, ADCC.. ect.. Watch the guys, watch their guard game, take notes, ect.. IMO you'll learn alot quicker and more effectively than a instructional.. You can then try some of the things on the dummy, or if you have a friend that is dumb enough to be a training dummy for you..

also there are some very good sites on the net. www.subfighter.com has some nice technique.. and some others that aren't quite coming to mind..

How close is your closest school? It could be worth the drive compared to training at home and learning wrong moves that will just put you in a bad spot when you get to roll with someone.

Here is the real deal. For one i have a pretty good wrestling base. Very rarely do i end up on bottom. I've worked with pro fighters. Mainly Paul Buentello. I just want more sophistication in my guard game. Beleive it or not this dummy is awesome. You can practice armbar after armbar and it gives resistance. You can work sidemount and mount positions. The reason i wanted the dummy is to become faster with my setups. Trust me. This kind of drilling makes your subs faster. Is the same as a real person? No! Abousuletly not! However, how many partners will let you go from armbar to triangle to kimura to sweep for as long as you want.. I don't know of one. This dummy is in a wrestling base. It has resisting arms, neck, lower back, and legs. You can get rear mount and break it down and work chokes. It is amazing. But i want proper instruction from a video. Because there is nobody to teach near here. When i come across someone who wants to train locally i will jump at the chance because i love to get into scrambles and of course try some of the techniques i have been working on!

Congratulations on wasting your money on a grappling dummy. How much did it cost you? I made myself one from an article which someone posted on sherdog and I spent like 12 dollars to build the whole thing. It's great for drilling moves

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jame_s
Back