One last time! Bret vs Shawn

Who was better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wow, you voted for HBK...
michaels.jpg

The win at Crown Jewel pushed Shawn over the top.

Anybody who thinks Brett was better is obviously Canadian. Shawn was both better on the mic and in the ring. While Bret may have been technical and a true pro. Micheals was just more entertaining.

Last edited:
Didn't Vince have a gay crush on HBK?

Bret was far superior in a technical sense while h.b.k had a more flashy style. Its like bird vs magic...depends on what style you like.

Both struggled to draw in the us but bret was massively over around the world.

Shawn got that 2nd run Which really helped his career. Had bret got a run like that who knows what we would have said?

I felt Bret could carry anyone to a good match.

Shawn not so much

I felt Bret could carry anyone to a good match.

Shawn not so much
Wasn't a fan of Shawn's style. Lot of flash, not very believable. Shawn was better at having some flair, prancing around. That said, it didn't appeal to me.

Bret had grit and a weight to everything he did, better selling, better ring psychology. They sold differently. Bret sold pain, Shawn sold the bump and bounced all over the place. Shawn's matches felt like an over the top performance, Bret's felt more like a fight.

Initially Shawn had better mic work, but from around 1997 onwards, after Bret spent time acting on Lonesome Dove, he was better.

Anybody who thinks Brett was better is obviously Canadian. Shaw was both better on the mic and in the ring. While Bret may have been technical and a true pro. Micheals was just more entertaining.
only 1 of them was good enough to be immortalized on the longest running AMERICAN sitcom on television.

tumblr_n4l2r2oDyS1r89qoso2_250.gif

Anyone voting for a Canadian is a communist.

only 1 of them was good enough to be immortalized on the longest running AMERICAN sitcom on television.

tumblr_n4l2r2oDyS1r89qoso2_250.gif

Shawn was on Baywatch.

SawC4fF.gif

Bret didn’t have the look for a show like Baywatch. He had to be animated.

Can’t ruin Shawn with animation.

Back