One last time! Bret vs Shawn

Who was better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Wasn't a fan of Shawn's style. Lot of flash, not very believable. Shawn was better at having some flair, prancing around. That said, it didn't appeal to me.

Bret had grit and a weight to everything he did, better selling, better ring psychology. They sold differently. Bret sold pain, Shawn sold the bump and bounced all over the place. Shawn's matches felt like an over the top performance, Bret's felt more like a fight
Agreed 100%. As a kid and young teen, I couldn’t quite understand why I shifted toward Bret and away from the Hogans, Stings, and even Michaels. As I moved into my early 20s and rewatched “great” wrestlers and their matches, I finally saw why. Bret understood psychology and story telling better than most. A lot of wrestlers and fans think psychology is selling a move; there’s selling a bump and selling a story that’s the art of true ring psychology. Bret sold moves, sold pain, and sold injuries throughout the match, many times throughout the entire night if he wrestled more than once. Anyone can sell a move/bump, but the ability to stick with the selling of a move, a bump, a body part throughout the match is the difference.

Both were excellent wrestlers, Shawn always had more flash but Bret always had more substance

Last edited:
so was Giant Gonzalez.
and it was cancelled.

So Shawn is the best and Giant Gonzalez deprived us of years of slow motion titty bouncing...I'm glad we agree Wolf.

Shawn was on Baywatch.

SawC4fF.gif

Simpsons is still on air.

Baywatch isnt.

Bret > shawn again

Bret's career fizzled out and Michaels had a second wind to his career in the WWE that has skewed the perception of their career arcs.

But Bret's career is more storied and expansive, spanning three eras of wrestling (Rn'R, New Gen and Attitude) and his contribution to professional wrestling is much more important and impactful.

imagine bret hart in a hell in a cell match lol.

Just simulate it on Fire Pro Wrestling. :)

Simpsons is still on air.

Baywatch isnt.

Bret > shawn again

Anyone who's actually watched the Simpsons in the last 15 years wouldn't consider it still being on the air a win. Shawn is better...Bret is an overrated douche bag who gets interwebz love because of a false idea that he wasn't a self serving asshole like every other top guy in rasslin.

Bret Hart never had to suck cock to get to the top....he earned it by slowly climbing the ladder from a jobber nobody in 84 to the champion in 93.

FOH.

even Stacy knows.

Rolled with Bret back in the early 90's when I was a kid... Not much has changed.

Back