ONE is a complete disaster

Unlike Goldberg, Schiavello knows his shit though.

The punches to the back of the head were pretty lame but I don't know how anyone in their right mind would prefer unified rules over this. That's how you make it look, at least.

I guess i should clarify more, I’m all for all out violence in a cage. Downed knees included. But a downed knee is way more violent and dangerous than a punch to the back of the head so it was hilarious to see the lesser “foul” be considered a DQ move and not the other.

DJ loses when he takes a knee to the dome when hes downed, which obviously has always been a no no....except in this shit organization.
Are you upset because this promotion is not using the unified rules for pussies, little man?

I guess i should clarify more, I’m all for all out violence in a cage. Downed knees included. But a downed knee is way more violent and dangerous than a punch to the back of the head so it was hilarious to see the lesser “foul” be considered a DQ move and not the other.

It might seem that way but in reality it isn’t. Strikes to the back of head are insanely dangerous and prohibited because that is the part of your brain that controls involuntary automatic actions like heartbeat and breathing. Hitting people there can kill them much more easily than blows anywhere else on the head.

One's mma is garbage. But their kickboxers and muay thai fighters are GOATs

It was 3 hrs delayed here just as DVR said.

I know Bellator sometimes wasn't on Spike TV when it was supposed to be.

Why is kneeing a no no? I say good, start punishing these boring point "fighters" for the boring bullshit they bring and the potential fans they constantly turn away. The casual fan doesn't give two flying fucks about technical strategy or grappling prowess. You guys are ridiculously out of touch with what the non fans want to see. They want action and they also don't want guys who are shorter than their children.

I’ve watched a few ONE events and like the organization and it’s accessibility. Last nights show was great on paper and that’s all I want.

The strange stuff that might have left some disappointed were beyond ONE’s control. There were indeed some production hiccups which I’d hope they will smoothe out in the future.

Will watch more events. It’s a refreshing change of pace and in addition to the mma I also love the Muay Thai.

It might seem that way but in reality it isn’t. Strikes to the back of head are insanely dangerous and prohibited because that is the part of your brain that controls involuntary automatic actions like heartbeat and breathing. Hitting people there can kill them much more easily than blows anywhere else on the head.

a knee to the temple? I’ve been punched in the back of the head and kneed in the face in my time and I would definitely let someone tee off on my skull before taking knees.

im going to complain about a bunch of silly production issues.
Then I’m going to put my ignorance of mma on display by saying that knees to a grounded opponent have always been a no no, even though I’ve been on Sherdog since 2006 and was here when Pride was still around. I only drink UFC branded fruit flavored sugar water.
Fixed
Sounds like a lot of people just realized they were drinking the UFC kool-aid for years.

Don't worry, Rogan will still yell technical things, "OOOO!" and HE'S HURT!!" at the next big card.
Seeing this all over mma fandom, from here, to REDDIT, to Twitter. Haven’t checked Facebook groups. They’re a whole different animal.

I’ve enjoyed ONE lately for what it’s been. And that is Friday morning (UK) entertainment to get me through the working day.

Any prime time event with no crowd and their limited production skills, including the 5/6 fight card, is going to struggle. :(

The show really did start as poorly as possible. Did we ever figure out why they didn’t open with Rodtang? And why they didn’t show the entrances?

Not a good show, weird outcomes, you can’t control that... but it’s been a while since a stopped following ONE

The offsprings of UFC shills are out and about, will be around all month with how many shows Bellator and One have.

I enjoyed the show though, but I do think One should have used their post main event fights on before the main event. I those fights would have been a good fill in after the Alvarez DQ.

I think alot of folks thought the Mighty Mouse fight was the last fight of the night...and changed channels/closed app.

The show really did start as poorly as possible. Did we ever figure out why they didn’t open with Rodtang? And why they didn’t show the entrances?

When it comes to live sports events TNT's bread and butter is the NBA. MMA is new to them, hell they just got back into pro wrestling about a year and a half ago.

This is new to them, they're just not used to MMA fans staying up on a weekday past 11:00 to see a main event. Casual and die hard NBA fans are cutting a game off if a team is down by 15+ points by the fourth quarter.

Back