ONE is a complete disaster

Rizzo

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Their american TV debut went as terribly as one coild go. I felt it was like 1993 again watching MMA on television, bad bad and more bad.

First the commentating crew was a 1/10. Love Rich Franklin to death but when you have the Mike Goldberg of the crew putting you in your place more than once thats not a good look.

I thought it was also going to be a full care...nope. Program starts and immediately Alvarez is in the cage no walk outs or anything. Then we get the complete ineptness of the ref who sits there and lets Alvarez tee off for what seemed like 5 minutes before finally calling a time out when the dude lays down. That ref should never work again.

Then we get to the title match and it made sense why there was no intros before....the ring announcer was a -10/10. You have to have a certain voice and tone to do that job and that guy had neither.

I had no idea DJ was a -850 favorite or I would have thrown money on the other guy just because of the huge size difference. What a shame for my bank account. At any rate, DJ loses when he takes a knee to the dome when hes downed, which obviously has always been a no no....except in this shit organization. So we have Alvarez getting a DQ for grazing the back of someones head with a PUNCH but its totally ok for DJ to take a KNEE to the side of the dome.

Top to bottom, trash organization. Both of their poster boys didn't show up and I'll be surprised if we see ONE stick around too long. Definitely will never compete with UFC or Bellator.

Dude, I literally just came to this forum to say "One FC is a disaster" exactly. They obviously brought the UFC guys over to lose.

Eddie gets DQ'd in a controversial way in a fight he was dominating, and the DJ gets KO'd by a knee while he was grounded. So, PRIDE rules for DJ, and UFC Lite rules for Eddie?

Last edited:
Can we stop acting like the back of the head DQ is something that ONE FC as a promotion is individually to blame for? There's a lot of BS in that promotion: drug testing doesn't exist, the hydration test is a complete sham, their CEO lies constantly about their finances, mismatches, random kickboxing fights, etc.

However, a fighter shamelessly milking a strike and a ref acting hastily is something that no promotion has direct control over, the ref is in there acting on his own, he doesn't have an earpiece connected to Chatri. That's like blaming the UFC for Sterling becoming champion, it doesn't make sense at all. It has no relation to the promotion, so can we stop this completely fake narrative?

The knees on the ground are great, weren't we all clamoring for them like a month ago? And now people are complaining? The "unified ruleset" (which isn't unified anyway) is not some sacred scripture. Knees on the ground are superior imo.

I personally enjoyed the over the top production with the walkouts and the announcers, but that's just me. I thought Schiavello/Franklin was OK too, certainly better than Goldberg and Mauro.

I watched some of the event on youtube, so I can't comment on Eddie suddenly showing up, as I watched the whole thing. The pacing was indeed fucked up at times and they had a weird bout order, plus they cut off part of a round for ads lol.

Last edited:
It wasn’t the greatest night but I’m happy with their progress. It was a fun weekday card that I’ll gladly stay up for. I’m usually in bed by like 10:30 on weekdays EST but I’ll gladly give up a few hours for ONE. The fights are good enough and I kinda don’t mind the dysfunctional-ity of everything. That’s how things used to be before mma got mainstream. You guys are spoiled.

Had hope for One but TNT was a third rate production... They hurried through the whole event if you blinked you missed their important first time event on U.S. tv.

Love Mighty Mouse felt he not as driven or hungry anymore he was there to have fun. Guess high pay does take your edge.

there were production related hiccups. Probably because of how complicated it is to produce a live show for 150 countries. Dozens of media partners who are taking commercial breaks at different times. Obviously they've navigated this before so I'm not certain the cause of last night's issues but they were extremely minor issues.

You can't blame Eddie Alvarez being DQ'd on ONE or even their production team. They're not referees. And if you're crying about that, let me guess - you're also crying about DJ being KO'd by a knee that would be illegal in UFC. Guess what? This isn't the UFC.

The TNT debut was great. Very noteworthy. A lot of talk on social media. Only minor issue was the production hiccups which I think they will correct.

Their american TV debut went as terribly as one coild go. I felt it was like 1993 again watching MMA on television, bad bad and more bad.

First the commentating crew was a 1/10. Love Rich Franklin to death but when you have the Mike Goldberg of the crew putting you in your place more than once thats not a good look.

I thought it was also going to be a full care...nope. Program starts and immediately Alvarez is in the cage no walk outs or anything. Then we get the complete ineptness of the ref who sits there and lets Alvarez tee off for what seemed like 5 minutes before finally calling a time out when the dude lays down. That ref should never work again.

Then we get to the title match and it made sense why there was no intros before....the ring announcer was a -10/10. You have to have a certain voice and tone to do that job and that guy had neither.

I had no idea DJ was a -850 favorite or I would have thrown money on the other guy just because of the huge size difference. What a shame for my bank account. At any rate, DJ loses when he takes a knee to the dome when hes downed, which obviously has always been a no no....except in this shit organization. So we have Alvarez getting a DQ for grazing the back of someones head with a PUNCH but its totally ok for DJ to take a KNEE to the side of the dome.

Top to bottom, trash organization. Both of their poster boys didn't show up and I'll be surprised if we see ONE stick around too long. Definitely will never compete with UFC or Bellator.

somebody lost their rent money betting on Eddie and DJ. Want to cry more?

Unlike Goldberg, Schiavello knows his shit though.

The punches to the back of the head were pretty lame but I don't know how anyone in their right mind would prefer unified rules over this. That's how you make it look, at least.

Reug Reug looked great, though. Granted he was fighting some bum, but he at least looked very dominant.

So your not familiar with the rule set and decide to criticize the organization instead of educating yourself. Good job bud. They allowed soccer kicks at one time, it was great. UFC on FOX 1 was terrible too, didnt stop them from succeeding. Starting without any lead in did cause me to miss the alvarez fight though which I wasnt happy about. Rich Franklins commentary was terrible though.

It was a bit of a underwhelming evening... I really hoped they would have a better showing.

Anyhow I find it a shame that a card was overshadowed by controversy (again). Eddies match was shameful, Reug Reug was a sloppy (but enjoyable) mess, Mags was a good bit a fun and DJ vs Moraes was a solid scrap. I don't watch non mma matches so no comment on the KB aand MT bouts.

Keeping my fingers crossed for their next outing and will be tuning in.

First time watching One live (At least I think it was live). The Eddie fight was on the ref, not the organization. Didn't care much for the kickboxing match-not that it was a bad fight, just that I tune in to watch MMA. All in all, not great, but had some entertainment value. Was nice to watch on an otherwise uneventful Wednesday evening.

Missed the show. But I don’t think ONEFC is all that bad. Other shows will make up for this

It was a bad night.

Commenting not good.

That referee was a mess. Those shots were questionable at best. The funny was as he was landing the first couple they are both looking at the referee like he said something to them. Then Eddie while looking at him land a few more. Looked like more talking and that is when Lapicus seemed to put on his Oscar award winning performance. It was almost like Eddie didn't understand what the ref was say but Lapicus did. Either way very ticky tacky and on top of it Chatri takes the refs side after that.

All I'm going to say about the DJ fight is ONE might want to revamp how they do weigh ins. DJ is 125er all day long. Moraes looks like a very filled out 135er who puts in a lot of time and punishment to get to 135.

Back